ice-t terminal

56 replies to this topic

#51 itaych OFFLINE  

itaych

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:24 PM

Try this experiment. With BASIC enabled, boot MyDOS. Load the PRC's R: handler (a handler known to be working, not necessarily with Ice-T). Then exit to BASIC and issue the command:

PRINT PEEK(743),PEEK(744)

Let me know what you get.

(Oh, and thanks for your concern, but it's just half past midnight here.)

Edited by itaych, Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 PM.

#52 russg OFFLINE  

russg

Stargunner

• 1,629 posts

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:41 PM

Try this experiment. With BASIC enabled, boot MyDOS. Load the PRC's R: handler (a handler known to be working, not necessarily with Ice-T). Then exit to BASIC and issue the command:
PRINT PEEK(743),PEEK(744)
Let me know what you get.
(Oh, and thanks for your concern, but it's just half past midnight here.)

224, 34, which is $22E0 I think 8928 decimal.
This is my old PRC handler that worked for me. It comes on the PRC floppy and is termed 'the translator for hometerm users'. I've
always used it to install a PRC R: handler. It is called 'PRC.SYS', 1419 bytes, on the PRC floppy. There's also a 'RS232.SYS' small, 88 byte
to be autorun at boot time that is the basic R: / 850 R: handler.

Attached Files

• Attached File  PRC.zip   1.32KB   126 downloads

Edited by russg, Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:58 PM.

#53 itaych OFFLINE  

itaych

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:36 PM

Also, ICET850.AR0 works fine without loading any R: handler.

Just to clarify this misconception, the ICET850 file is actually the Ice-T executable with the ATARI850.HND file prepended. So, it behaves the same as if you had loaded ATARI850.HND, then loaded ICET.COM. Now, the ATARI850.HND is just a little stub that tries to download the actual device handler from the hardware device (the 850 or, in your case, the PRC). On Altirra it fails gracefully, so it has no effect, but an R: handler is not required there so Ice-T runs anyway. On your real Atari it should download the PRC handler and install the R: handler, and then Ice-T will load correctly as well. You shouldn't have to load both PRC.HND and then ICET850.

224, 34, which is $22E0 I think 8928 decimal.

So this disproves a theory I had, that Ice-T was starting too low in memory and overwriting the R: handler. I've PMed you a version of Ice-T that uses a more conservative method to access R:. Let me know if that works for you on your hardware.

#54 itaych OFFLINE  

itaych

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts

Posted Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 AM

Update: the modified version of Ice-T did not help. So, for some reason neither P:R:Connection nor MIO are working for russg on real hardware. I don't have either of these, and without further information there's nothing I can do. Does anyone else have either of these interfaces and can test Ice-T on it?

#55 itaych OFFLINE  

itaych

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts

Posted Tue Oct 1, 2013 12:10 AM

Update: Thanks to Russ this problem is now solved; the new version is available here.

#56 drac030 OFFLINE  

drac030

Stargunner

• 1,833 posts

Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013 2:58 PM

SpartaDOS 3.x: Added automatic disable for TDLINE if it is on. (SDX users, sorry but I couldn't get this to work.)

http://atariki.krap....oziomu_programu

#57 itaych OFFLINE  

itaych

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts

Posted Sun Oct 6, 2013 12:59 PM

Thanks. I'm responding in the 2.75 thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ice-t, terminal

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users