IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 21 ~ Midnight Magic

Vocelli

When I hit the ball, the flippers act like dead fish. The ball hardly goes anywhere. In Oyam's vid, the flippers seem to have more impact. Anything I am missing?

Are you moving the flippers on both sides at the same time? This approach seems to pack less of a punch than moving only right or left flippers.

1st submission: 112,955

I love pinball as well. Before video games existed, my friends and I used to haunt the local pizzarias to play pinball. If you got a high score, you'd scratch your name and the score into the side of the machine. At Athens Pizza, they'd give you a small pizza if you managed to turn it over. Great stuff!

I'm curious as to why there were so few pinball games made for the atari. I only know of the two -- this one and Video Pinball. Are pinball games much more difficult to program than other games??

Bumper Bash was the third, it used the paddle buttons for the flippers.

I'm using the Track & Field controller.

con_AtariTrackNField.jpg

I was going to try this, is it allowed?

• Like 1

Improvement: MM: 314,170.

Used an emulator this time. For me at least, it works an order of magnitude better. Keyboard controls just give you a better feeling of having one finger on each trigger button. Still, I have no idea how you guys with the big ass scores avoid all the cheap certain-death situations where the ball just slips through everything and you can't do jack shit about it. This 314k score took me like 50+ attempts.

post-34656-0-86725800-1380694374_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bumper Bash was the third, it used the paddle buttons for the flippers.

I was going to try this, is it allowed?

Yes, it is. All controllers are allowed. Only things like turbo buttons, combinations (one key/button for up + button) aren't allowed.

In fact, I think I will start to post my controller in my pics to show what I'm using.

Rules don't forbid but since I have many different controllers I decided (and had said that before) to not use keyboard in this season (I thought it was too much options for me) but now I think it's good to show how often I switch controllers.

For instance, in this game I'm using the Nes Advantage controller.

Man, I tried to drain the VP last ball and it kept on hitting crap...

'Drain you dumb ball', I shouted. Close... very close but still only +2!

Vocelli:

MM 503600

VP 504829

Difference is 1229. Man, so close!

In the manual I found a great tip for Video Pinball.

Now I'm confident I can roll the score "nudging the ball". This movement is a little dangerous because it makes the tilt. Tilt is bad but an awesome way to stop making points and drain the ball. :thumbsup: