NIKON

Verticle Shooter  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Verticle Shooter

• Blazing Lazers
    • Burning Angels
    • Cyber Core

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've checked all of these games and voted for Burning Angels, but I'll happily play any of them in the HSC except Blazing Lazers which felt really long, boring and unchallenging until about 25 minutes into the game when I lost my weapons and had to recover.

Couple of questions and comments:

1943 Kai - Has anyone played it on the real hardware? In arcade version all special weapons are timed. In PCE version there's a timer on the bottom of the screen but it doesn't count down. Maybe it's an emulation issue? I've checked it in TurboEngine emulator and 5 minute demo of MagicEngine.

If it gets chosen can we play it in vertical mode so it's a bit more like the arcade game?

Burning Angels - Here the horizontal / vertical modes only seem to change the aspect ratio so don't really affect the gameplay.

Cyber Core - MagicEngine doesn't seem to emulate it properly. Graphical glitches.

I've checked all of these games and voted for Burning Angels, but I'll happily play any of them in the HSC except Blazing Lazers which felt really long, boring and unchallenging until about 25 minutes into the game when I lost my weapons and had to recover.

Couple of questions and comments:

1943 Kai - Has anyone played it on the real hardware? In arcade version all special weapons are timed. In PCE version there's a timer on the bottom of the screen but it doesn't count down. Maybe it's an emulation issue? I've checked it in TurboEngine emulator and 5 minute demo of MagicEngine.

Here is a video of 1943 on Magic Engine 1.13 to show that the timer does count down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xUUPcEWBJ8&feature=youtu.be