IGNORED

RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Magazine - KICKSTARTER

Shit you guys got me about Gamestop.

Yes! Before I saw this thread, I got the Kickstarter announcement e-mail, and my heart was sinking as I read it. I forgot what day it was until I got to the very end. Well played!

Great job on the second issue, too; mine just arrived yesterday. I haven't read it yet, but it looks fantastic!

Yes! Before I saw this thread, I got the Kickstarter announcement e-mail, and my heart was sinking as I read it. I forgot what day it was until I got to the very end. Well played!

Great job on the second issue, too; mine just arrived yesterday. I haven't read it yet, but it looks fantastic!

Yup, I started up a rage email to send to them and then thought....wait...let me see the whole thing and there it was at the bottom. Heart attack averted

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/socalmike/retro-the-multi-format-throw-back-video-game-magaz/posts/796625?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkD0ScMSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA4PVIUkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTA1LTAxIDE5OjQ3OjQyBjsGVA%3D%3D--616a3b5245c88f623b2fc770cd14b6e0f482e18c&ref=backer_project_update

Edited by cimerians

Of all the April fools things I saw yesterday, this was the only one that I believed for a couple minutes. After the Oculus/Facebook deal this sounded like it could be true. After I did a few google searches looking for more info and nothing showed up, it finally dawned on me I should double check the email.

Hey, RJ.

Sorry it wasn't longer. (I wrote it, along with the two sidebars.) We figured that 1300 words and 4 pages were enough! Though there's more where that came from. We are working on a full book on the art of Atari, and I will also be speaking at the Midwest Gaming Classic on the topic on April 12.

2nd issue rec'd (mpls/St Paul Mn)

Wish that Atari Art feature was longer.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Time is flying! Already publishing our third issue of RETRO! Are you a subscriber yet? Also, some big news as RETRO has been approved by Barnes and Noble for national distribution. We hope to have this all set up by the release of our 4th issue in July!

Check out our issue #3 preview and also score some great print or digital subscription discounts! Come join us!

http://readretro.com/news/retro-magazine-issue-3-preview-special-subscription-offer/

I've received issues one and two but in fairness I haven't really looked at number two yet... I've been enjoying the first issue and have been reading it from front to back and loving it, Great stuff!

Oh by the way, I'm in Canada and the issues are getting to me a little later than the lucky folks in the US but like I said above, I'm behind on my reading so that's ok... well until I catch up!! lol

Issue three is on the way?? Well I better get reading then, shouldn't I??

Overall, great stuff and I'm glad I backed this project... totally something I felt was worth my contribution! Continued successes!

• 3 weeks later...

looks good, i do plan on subscribing but my funds are tied up with vgs.,martian wanted to have retro there but our booths we sold or reserved

curently he's on the waiting list in case of an opening of booth(we do have hall way tables open though.

I'll see you guys in septemeber at CGE though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...