OT: pɐǝɹɥʇ ƃuıdɯnp ;)

OFF-TOPIC

1723 replies to this topic

#1626 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Gould Belt in the Orion arm of Milky Way galaxy.

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:40 PM

gallery_35324_1027_65235.jpg

<< LINK >>

#1627 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:21 PM

Is this what happens to coders who pull 72 hour programming binges?

gallery_35324_1027_1398973.gif

#1628 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,593 posts

Posted Fri Mar 3, 2017 10:47 PM

No, that's what LSD ingestion looks like :)

#1629 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,681 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Mar 4, 2017 3:56 AM

maybe this is the reason why it´s called the FlashRom´99 :)

gallery_41141_1470_2607.jpg

#1630 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Sat Mar 4, 2017 6:32 AM

No, that's what LSD ingestion looks like :)

I'll take your word for it Doc!  All that Timothy Leary and magic sugar cube stuff was big when I was a youngster out of the country.

#1631 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,308 posts

Posted Sat Mar 4, 2017 7:15 AM

<sigh>

This video shows content of UMG. This partner has blocked the video in your country for copyright reasons.

I thought Youtube and GEMA came to an agreement?!

#1632 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Sat Mar 4, 2017 7:38 AM

BUMMER!  Do you think << THIS LINK >> might help?

#1633 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 PM

gallery_35324_1027_4037.jpg

#1634 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,681 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:16 PM

we exactly need 99 followers at this point ;)

#1635 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Woah.. << this Ebay listing >> looks too good to be true...

I mean really, a brand name 128GB class 10 micro SD card delivered to your home for only $9.98?  I simply cannot believe it.

s-l1600.jpg

#1636 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 PM

Beware of ANY mass storage media with a price that far below market. What you are getting is a much smaller device hacked to show your OS that it is a larger device. Everything works great, until you start saving data into the black hole that is the majority of the device's storage space. All of that black holed data will be lost--with zero chance of recovery, as it was written to nowhere.

The media is probably only an 8GB device (some are 16). There are programs out there to test them by doing a write to every sector and logging the results. With these, the results aren't pretty--and eBay will only force the seller to refund your money, they don't stop them from selling them (experience speaking here). By the time most customers realize they've been screwed, it is too late to file a complaint. . .

#1637 chue OFFLINE  

chue

Space Invader

• 39 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:50 PM

looks too good to be true...

Hmm.. a seller with zero rated transactions, selling something below value, sending said items without tracking info... from Singapore.  I'm a little skeptical.  You know what they say about "too good to be true"...

#1638 Mitkraft OFFLINE  

Mitkraft

Moonsweeper

• 499 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:12 PM

I reported it. Maybe eBay will one day be proactive with these sellers. It's their reputation on the line afterall.

#1639 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,681 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:36 PM

Beware of ANY mass storage media with a price that far below market. What you are getting is a much smaller device hacked to show your OS that it is a larger device. Everything works great, until you start saving data into the black hole that is the majority of the device's storage space. All of that black holed data will be lost--with zero chance of recovery, as it was written to nowhere.

The media is probably only an 8GB device (some are 16). There are programs out there to test them by doing a write to every sector and logging the results. With these, the results aren't pretty--and eBay will only force the seller to refund your money, they don't stop them from selling them (experience speaking here). By the time most customers realize they've been screwed, it is too late to file a complaint. . .

like this:

Attached File  512MB-instead-512GB.jpg   42.52KB   2 downloads

If you save money or buy chinese stuff, you often pay twice.

That´s what I have learned

#1640 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,593 posts

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 PM

Nostalgia revisited: ripping YouTube sound tracks to audio cassettes using Chromecast Audio to send the music over to the Sony amplifier and from there to the cassette deck :) Why??? Just for fun! Also you'll be surprised how well cassettes actually sound on a good audio system...

#1641 Mitkraft OFFLINE  

Mitkraft

Moonsweeper

• 499 posts

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 PM

Nostalgia revisited: ripping YouTube sound tracks to audio cassettes using Chromecast Audio to send the music over to the Sony amplifier and from there to the cassette deck :) Why??? Just for fun! Also you'll be surprised how well cassettes actually sound on a good audio system...

Haha!  Next thing you know you'll be transcribing web pages to spiral notebooks for "offline browsing"  :-D

#1642 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 PM

I found this on another part of AtariAge.  I thought Rasmus and some of you guys that play Super TI Mario Brothers might find this funny.

HwVEluL.gif

#1643 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 3,822 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 PM

It is official.  Klaus can return to the Faire this year without fear. icon_wink.gif

Attached File  DSC01624_sm.jpg   253.05KB   3 downloads

#1644 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,681 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:59 PM

the "Moto Fuzzi 750 Dumpster"

giphy.gif

#1645 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 3,822 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 PM

eH36E1l.gif

#1646 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,974 posts

Posted Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 PM

Want to watch a 16 minute commercial?  This one had me drooling!

#1647 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,308 posts

Posted Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 PM

I'm still indecisive about my travel plans in summer, whether I'll actually spend the time and money for a 2:30 min event ...

On August 21 this year, there will be a total eclipse, dragging its shadow straight over the US (see the attached picture). Two interesting locations are Kansas City and Nashville. Assuming that I'd have to choose between those two, what would you suggest, in particular concerning weather conditions in August?

What scares me off a bit is that in the Wikipedia climate tables, both locations have more than 88 mm rain in August, Kansas City even more than 100 mm. Comparing this to Frankfurt/Main in Germany, we have 57 mm rain in August, and even in July just 65 mm, which is known to us as a month with cloudy skies and occasional heavy rains.

I thought that this area in the midlands should be pretty dry, but this is obviously not necessarily the case. Anyone to report personal experiences?

Or is it better north of Denver or Salt Lake City, more to the West?

Maybe in the end, I'll better keep my memories of the 2006 eclipse in Turkey, where I had cloudless skies, perfect sight, but not such a good camera as today.

Attached Files

#1648 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 580 posts

Posted Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 PM

I'm still indecisive about my travel plans in summer, whether I'll actually spend the time and money for a 2:30 min event ...

On August 21 this year, there will be a total eclipse, dragging its shadow straight over the US (see the attached picture). Two interesting locations are Kansas City and Nashville. Assuming that I'd have to choose between those two, what would you suggest, in particular concerning weather conditions in August?

What scares me off a bit is that in the Wikipedia climate tables, both locations have more than 88 mm rain in August, Kansas City even more than 100 mm. Comparing this to Frankfurt/Main in Germany, we have 57 mm rain in August, and even in July just 65 mm, which is known to us as a month with cloudy skies and occasional heavy rains.

I thought that this area in the midlands should be pretty dry, but this is obviously not necessarily the case. Anyone to report personal experiences?

Or is it better north of Denver or Salt Lake City, more to the West?

Maybe in the end, I'll better keep my memories of the 2006 eclipse in Turkey, where I had cloudless skies, perfect sight, but not such a good camera as today.

Well I live about 8 hours south of Nashville, but have been throughout the general Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia area. In August it is usually hot and dry. That's my experience over 30+ years of living in and traveling around these areas. Take it for what its worth.

#1649 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,593 posts

Posted Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:56 PM

Come to MN. It might even snow  :grin:

#1650 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,681 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:37 PM

Want to watch a 16 minute commercial?  This one had me drooling!

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series

Highlights

● 27 ppm black/ 27 ppm color
● First page out in colour from sleep/Auto-Off in 9.9 sec
● Leading duplex print speed of 24 ipm
● 50-sheet ADF with single pass, two-sided scanning; scan speed up to 47 ipm
● HP Auto-On/Auto-Off for low energy consumption
● Large 10.9 cm colour touchscreen with gesturing and apps
● Scan-to-email, -folder, -cloud, -USB
● LDAP, Private Printing, PIN Printing
● HP ePrint, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Wi-Fi Direct/NFC, Mopria-certified, Mobile Apps

in Germany ~ 380eu streetprice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OFF-TOPIC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users