Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:22 PM

And now for something truly depressing:

#1856 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 3,939 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:41 PM

MOTHERF.... could have at least been a beige one with a Mistumi keyboard.

#1857 Mitkraft OFFLINE  

Mitkraft

Dragonstomper

• 561 posts

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:34 PM

Those posts are just clickbait attention grabs and all you do is give them the attention they don’t deserve when you watch them, Doubly so when you decide to share it. It’s your video isn’t it?

#1858 ramidavis OFFLINE  

ramidavis

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:49 PM

NO.

I "use" youtube to find stuff, but i have never uploaded anything to youtube.

Edited by ramidavis, Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:54 PM.

#1859 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 AM

Wanna see something computer related that is so pathetic, crazy and the result of paranoia?

If so, << CLICK HERE >> << AND HERE >>

#1860 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:39 PM

MOTHERF.... could have at least been a beige one with a Mistumi keyboard.

Yeah, no kidding...

#1861 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,731 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:31 PM

Anyone have a 3.9K carbon film, 5% tolerance, 1/2watt resistor laying around they would not mind parting with via snail mail?  I am finding that I must either buy more than I need and/or pay a high shipping cost.  This is for a washing machine control board that has a nice, new scorch mark thanks to a failed switch. 

#1862 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 PM

If no one can come through for you, and you can wait a couple of weeks  << THESE >> are dirt cheap.  

#1863 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,731 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 PM

Hauling laundry to a family member's house will certainly mean spending more time (and money) than I can save waiting a few weeks, so I'll probably just bite the bullet and order from somewhere by tomorrow if no one has one laying around.  I do like that price, though!  I think some places are making extra profit charging ridiculous shipping fees for things that shouldn't cost more than a postage stamp to ship.  Ah well.

#1864 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 AM

Grab a couple of these cheap for Xmas lights << HERE >>.

Your other half will thank you for being so thoughtful...

... after Xmas, stick one on your Rpi!  :grin:                    sml_gallery_35324_1027_492771.png

#1865 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,884 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 PM

(Smashing the TI, or anything else)

Something really bad is going on in this world, and one can measure this on the youth.

No respect. Nothing. But each one will learn his lesson, en dag.

#1866 ramidavis OFFLINE  

ramidavis

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 PM

Think nature is boring? Just add lightsabers.

#1867 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 AM

No, it's not the RAMA spacecraft, but apparently while much smaller it's not from around here << NASA LINK >>

#1868 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 3,963 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:54 AM

Any device built around Intel's low-power Clover Trail Atom processors between 2012 and 2015 are being blocked from installing the Creators Update of Windows 10. Users who try to install the latest version of windows are prompted with a message which reads: “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC.”

https://www.itpropor...intel-hardware/

#1869 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 AM

I miss the era of 'customer satisfaction' and 'customer service'.  It seems now day's companies specifically design for 'planned obsolescence' as a way of forcing the consumer into being nothing more than and endless conduit of money.  

I say screw 'em.  If I can still find a TI-99/4A useful for something, how long do you think I'll be clutching onto my PC with Windows 7?

#1870 ramidavis OFFLINE  

ramidavis

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Honestly (and sadly), i have seen hints of the linux world moving this direction also.

I triple-boot any pc i own: windows xp/7 (depending on hardware age), ubuntu 11.04 (last ubuntu to use REAL gnome 2, not a lookalikes like gnome-shell and mate [mate is good, but it is NOT gnome2]), and whatever the latest ubuntu release is.

If i can get something running under ubuntu 11.04, all the better. If not, i try the latest ubuntu. If all else fails, i go looking for windows-versions of programs.

...Did you know alot of the time, the only reason newer linux software will not work on older versions of linux is they were compiled for a newer version of libc?

If you can manage to recompile the software on a older libc, chances are good you get the software to work on your "outdated" linux.

Why the heck is mozilla pumping out updates like a machine gun? I am still running firefox 48 and not experiencing any problems.

What could possibly need patching that often? If your software honestly has so many bugs that you have to issue patches that often, i would call that some really bad programming.

On my outdated ubuntu 11.04 setup, i have full support of my ati video card. If i were to update to the latest linux versions, i would lose that, my card has been deemed legacy by ati, plus the last version of the legacy driver from ati that supports my card does not support the version of x.org used by modern linux distros, AND my wireless card that works out of the box on ubuntu 11.04 does not work by default on newer versions; i have to go hardwired until i manage to get the driver setup and working.

In my opinion, nowadays linux and windows both suck. But linux is still the lesser evil. Oh, and linux-distro builders: can we please lose the dang dark-theme as default theme bs? That'd be great. Quit kissing butt and copycatting the latest windows and mac features.

Edited by ramidavis, Yesterday, 11:03 AM.

#1871 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

River Patroller

• 4,828 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Yesterday, 3:44 PM

Linux went that way a long time ago.. it changed from "lets make old hardware useful again!" to "gotta be latest and greatest, everything else sucks". Like everything else. The complete disregard for backwards compatibility is why I hate developing for it.

As for companies, the change I noted there was manuals changing from "thank you for buying" to "congratulations on your purchase". That attitude change says a lot imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OFF-TOPIC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users