OT: pɐǝɹɥʇ ƃuıdɯnp ;)

OFF-TOPIC

1970 replies to this topic

#1951 Opry99er ONLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 8,382 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:20 PM

Got out to Green Bay to do some ice fishing this weekend.  -5 degrees with a -25 wind chill.  :)  And a freakin' blast!!!

GAWZN5O.jpg

KmSaSKz.jpg

DIq6dqN.jpg

6CGXLJr.jpg

WMLR46q.jpg

#1952 Vorticon ONLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,915 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:25 PM

Honey guess what's for dinner?

#1953 Opry99er ONLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 8,382 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:28 PM

LoL!!  Yep... we're going to be eating a whooooole bunch of white fish and pike over the next week or so.  :)

#1954 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,323 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:41 PM

Gawd, Northern Pike is the BEST.

#1955 Mitkraft OFFLINE  

Mitkraft

Dragonstomper

• 579 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Man those fish looks awesome! I love me some fresh fish. I guess those come pre-frozen though..lol.

#1956 digdugnate ONLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• 886 posts

Posted Mon Jan 8, 2018 6:36 AM

mmmmm.... fiiisssh...... /homerdrool

#1957 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,983 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 1:58 PM

AHA !!!!!

Attached File  C64-Reloaded-01.jpg   278.64KB   2 downloads Attached File  C64-Reloaded-02b.jpg   422.78KB   3 downloads

:)

#1958 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,065 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:51 PM

I betcha Ksarul has done enough design work now to where he could redesign the /4A PCB

#1959 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,983 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:11 PM

:)

#1960 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,323 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:12 PM

I got me a Reloaded Mk2... sooooo neat :)

#1961 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,323 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:23 PM

I betcha Ksarul has done enough design work now to where he could redesign the /4A PCB

I was thinking a "99/4A Reloaded" would be awesome.  Drop-in replacement with 16-bit 32k or on-board SAMS, assorted cartridges built-in, F18A on-board, four-chip sound, built-in DSDD floppy controller (will present a small problem with stock console clam-shells,) on-board speech.

To maintain the console case integrity, the video out could be an 8-pin DIN carrying SVGA RGB and sync, stereo audio, or for extra bang an HDMI port.  The 8-pin would require a special cable, and an HDMI port might require licensing unless (maybe) you use DVI signalling and not an official HDMI (would also require separate stereo out, but in the space it would be easy with a headphone jack sitting with the "HDMI" port.)  Oh, and replace the cassette port with a DE9 port and real RS-232.  Option for a CF card a-la nanoPEB or would the FDC and a Gotek/HxC suffice?

While the C64 Reloaded boards use original chips, I cannot think of many chips which would be easy to transplant from an original TI board -- almost all of them are soldered onto the board.  9901 in FPGA?

Am I missing anything? :)

#1962 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 711 posts

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:30 PM

Look at what Fabrice is doing with the (TI)ny 99.

#1963 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,891 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 AM

This is going to be a weird request for help, but here it goes...

I know a really nice senior citizen in his 80's who has an old TV, as it has RCA jacks, but no HDMI, USB or anything else of value.

He lives in a retirement community, with crappy off-air TV signals and being on a fixed income he cannot afford to replace his TV, let alone subscribe to cable.

Well, his birthday is coming up in March, so I was thinking, "What would be something useful that he could use"?  What came to mind would be a USB reader that multiple videos could be put on and viewed, but the device would have to have an RCA composite output.  Has anyone heard or seen of such a thing? 

#1964 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,891 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 AM

NEVER MIND - After much searching I think I found the item I need << HERE >>

#1965 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,095 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 AM

NEVER MIND - After much searching I think I found the item I need << HERE >>

That's a pretty neat little gadget.

#1966 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,891 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 AM

That's a pretty neat little gadget.

Yeah, I thought so too.  Some of the guys here could probably use something like this as well.  One could watch videos on their old TI computer monitor!  It'll also work with older HDMI TV's that do not support USB memory sticks.

I found another eBay place to order that has more in stock << HERE >>  

s-l1600.jpg

#1967 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,891 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 PM

PISSED OFF

"No good deed goes unpunished"

When you realize one of those dozen Micro USB cables you donated to the Goodwill last week with a bunch of other stuff probably contained the Sync Cable for your Handycam!  Now you cannot access your videos because sticking the micro SD card directly in the computer only gives you access to the still photos, not the videos.  :mad:

#1968 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,323 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 PM

PISSED OFF

"No good deed goes unpunished"

When you realize one of those dozen Micro USB cables you donated to the Goodwill last week with a bunch of other stuff probably contained the Sync Cable for your Handycam!  Now you cannot access your videos because sticking the micro SD card directly in the computer only gives you access to the still photos, not the videos.  :mad:

That sucks.  Are the videos just in a format you cannot read or do they seem to not be present?  If the files are present, I would try using ffmpeg to convert them.  Just using an .mp4 extension for the output will encode H.264 4:2:0YUV and AAC, which is playable by just about everything.

#1969 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,891 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:54 AM

That sucks.  Are the videos just in a format you cannot read or do they seem to not be present?  If the files are present, I would try using ffmpeg to convert them.  Just using an .mp4 extension for the output will encode H.264 4:2:0YUV and AAC, which is playable by just about everything.

What really sucks is my declining memory.  My brain must have confused the separate HDMI cable for use with the HDTV with the many USB cables I have for various devices and cameras.  This morning when I was checking to see if the Samsung data cable would work, I saw the built-in USB connector on the Handycam was tucked into the carry strap on the video camera!  Jeez!  I should have gotten suspicious when I could not find a suitable replacement online.  I'm losing it and do not know how much longer I'll be able to hang around the boards here.  

#1970 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,293 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:17 PM

It appears that I will be in San Diego for the next couple of days, but I have to be back home before the weekend. That should be interesting, as I haven't explored the specific place I'll be working at before.

#1971 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,983 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Yesterday, 4:12 PM

In Germany we would say, "you come around" :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OFF-TOPIC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users