Photo

V: The Mini Series Atari 2600 Hombrew at PRGE - Info Needed

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Manhattan OFFLINE  

Dr Manhattan

Dragonstomper

• 731 posts

Posted Wed Oct 9, 2013 2:47 AM

While I was covering PRGE 2013 I ran into some folks who said they were going to be selling a 2600 game based on V: The Mini Series. If you were at the show, this was the booth next to the guy with the life size remote control R2-D2.

Was anyone here able to get a copy of this game? Unfortunately I had to leave the show early and the seller was still waiting for the game to arrive VIA FexEx. I gave him my business card and said that I was a guaranteed sale but I have yet to hear from him.

If you have any information on this game please let me know. Thanks in advance.

#2 toymailman OFFLINE  

toymailman

River Patroller

• 2,198 posts

Posted Wed Oct 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Hmmm...I did not see this.  Do you have his contact info?

#3 Frostbite Bailey OFFLINE  

Frostbite Bailey

Stargunner

• 1,574 posts

Posted Wed Oct 9, 2013 6:27 PM

I would like some info on this as well if you hear from them. Thanks, FB

Edited by Frostbite Bailey, Wed Oct 9, 2013 6:27 PM.

#4 bfstats OFFLINE  

bfstats

Dragonstomper

• 635 posts

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:06 PM

Here's the site for updates:

http://www.vtheoriginalvideogame.com/

I've been told the game will not be released until some glitches are worked out. Suggest everyone check the site regularly.

#5 Dr Manhattan OFFLINE  

Dr Manhattan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 731 posts

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 PM

Here's the site for updates:

http://www.vtheoriginalvideogame.com/

I've been told the game will not be released until some glitches are worked out. Suggest everyone check the site regularly.

Thank you!

I'm a big fan of this series and I'm looking forward to the final game. However I was best man at my friend's wedding and he's a HUGE fan of this series, even has his own costumes and props, so I'm going to have to get him a copy as well.

#6 kennybrooks OFFLINE  

kennybrooks

Chopper Commander

• 184 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:46 AM

Looks like I was taken for whatever the game cost.  I immediately paid when this was promised, seeing it has been about 6 years and no updates or games, I am doubtful this will ever be released. 

#7 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 35,044 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 PM

Looks like I was taken for whatever the game cost.  I immediately paid when this was promised, seeing it has been about 6 years and no updates or games, I am doubtful this will ever be released. 

That sucks.  Interestingly, that website, bfstats posted, has a current copyright. :ponder:

#8 pacman000 OFFLINE  

pacman000

Stargunner

• 1,660 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 PM

The copyright could be updated automatically.

#9 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

River Patroller

• 2,012 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:39 PM

The wayback machine has a Feb 2015 blog entry indicating that the developer had some health issues that he overcame, and the Jan 2016 blog entry looked positive enough. 

Things must have taken a turn for the worst.

https://web.archive....lvideogame.com/

#10 bfstats OFFLINE  

bfstats

Dragonstomper

• 635 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 PM

Just to weigh in, my last correspondence with the "V Development Team" was in February of 2015, and it stated the game was NOT canceled, that a major member of the team had withdrawn, and that "the game is moving forward with a few minor changes and (we're) doing a complete audit on deposits, full payments, etc before the game is finally released to make sure it all adds up."

To their credit, I did eventually get a refund of my 2013 PRGE purchase price - in a roundabout way.

Not sure this will work, but the email used was...

devteam@vtheoriginalvideogame.com

...in case anyone wants to take a whack at an up-to-date update.

Please post any news here.

#11 Atariboy2600 OFFLINE  

Atariboy2600

River Patroller

• 2,159 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 AM

Back in 1983 almost every school kids in my playground, every adult at the water cooler and every family can't stop talking about this new TV mini series call 'V' I try to capture the feel of the series by turning the show into a classic 80s anime style. Have fun. I drew it all on wacom tablet and using Clip Studio Paint Pro.

Attached Thumbnails

• dctpgl0-4ddcd081-a260-425c-86a5-8905993d7137.png

#12 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Gobs of money!

• 26,067 posts
  • Meh

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:02 AM

Back in 1983 almost every school kids in my playground, every adult at the water cooler and every family can't stop talking about this new TV mini series call 'V' I try to capture the feel of the series by turning the show into a classic 80s anime style. Have fun. I drew it all on wacom tablet and using Clip Studio Paint Pro.

That's badass.  I always wanted a videogame of V.  I saw it as a laserdisc gamer, like Firefox.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users