IGNORED

VBXE software Repository

Aking

Now that VBXE 2.1 is being sold regularly on ebay,

and with more people installing the upgrade

it would be great to have a pinned thread with all games/demos available or on development for the board

for example, moon cresta, first version runs ok,

last one is glitched? :?

all other games run fine, but night driver. does it need a pal system?

because when you run the road starts to crash

also

is there a downloable demo for FOX yet?

• Like 2

Hi,

I established new page dedicated to VBXE on my site. It is in beginning stage, but it will grow with ever-growing library of new software available. I think it deserves honorable place in Atari 8-bit world of additional hardware, because it brings great power to our beloved computer family.

http://gury.atari8.info/vbxe.htm

Greetings

• Like 2

Hi,

I think it deserves honorable place in Atari 8-bit world of additional hardware, because it brings great power to our beloved computer family

Greetings

Thanks for this initiative. It's really amazingly well designed piece of hardware. The docs are good, there are some examples released out there to start with, but strangely most of the owners use it only to get good quality of RGB output.

Yesterday I had a "beer Friday" with one of my fellow atarians and we were thinking about one thing: It looks that lots of Atari owners and programmers keep their code and ideas unpublished. There are two reasons (IMHO): first is because they're ashamed and afraid of being criticized. Second, because they don't feel the need to share. It's a pity. I'm not asking for a new game in Action! for VBXE ;) (with source code available), but it'd be great to see how to use the blitter to draw lines for example :) or any other simple ideas.

How many VBXE boards were sold? 300pcs or maybe more? So, call me a stupid dreamer with the mind completely poisoned by viral nature of GPL ;) and let's share (more) with our code and ideas. I'm not saying that crisp clear RGB output isn't cool, but I also doubt that noone has tried to do something more than that?

Edited by greblus

Hello guys

I did a quick update on the section of my special stuff page where I describe the VBXE. One of the things I did was add Gury's VBXE page.

But that section needs a bigger update (It's partly outdated and looks messy). Is there a short piece of text somewhere, that describes the VBXE in such a way, that the reader understands what the VBXE is, what it does, where it "plugs" into the Atari (both hardware and software wise), what the features are, how it's connected to the outside world, which cores are available and what they do and do not do, etc.? I don't need pieces of code in it.

Sincerely

Mathy

Hi,

I established new page dedicated to VBXE on my site. It is in beginning stage, but it will grow with ever-growing library of new software available. I think it deserves honorable place in Atari 8-bit world of additional hardware, because it brings great power to our beloved computer family.

Greetings

why all entries are labeled "mad team production" don't remember joining mad team, tebe or pajero would know, even i would but i dont

So you have Rybags, XXL and mine entries labeled as TeBe's work - not that good

I'd guess that's some sort of error in the page generation - none of my stuff is associated with any group either.

There's also Quadrillion from me, if you can find the final 320 version it's wrapped up a long time ago, there is a multicolour legacy Atari version also. Moon Cresta I've not updated in > 1 year but it's playable albeit lacking polish and many features.

The page is fixed and updated now. My apologies to Rybags, Candle, XXL and others for any confusion about software authorship. Page will be updated on regular basis when new solid information about any VBXE product comes by. Software list is on separate page now.

And hey, flashjazzcat, I added info about your The Last Word for VBXE too.

P.S.:

Sebastian from SPIFlash.org, can you please tell me what is missing from the third item of features on your page?

Greetings

The page is fixed and updated now. My apologies to Rybags, Candle, XXL and others for any confusion about software authorship. Page will be updated on regular basis when new solid information about any VBXE product comes by. Software list is on separate page now.

And hey, flashjazzcat, I added info about your The Last Word for VBXE too.

P.S.:

Sebastian from SPIFlash.org, can you please tell me what is missing from the third item of features on your page?

Greetings

attached is my SIde 2 Fat32 VBXE directory,

seems more complete

(last word is not here, because i have it on the Spartados Area)

• 1 year later...