IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 6 Round 20 Robotron:2084

zylon

Our game(s) this round is Robotron 2084. Play on default starting level 1. Emulation is fine as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC records.

Round ends Sunday October 27th 2013 @ 9pm EST

This round will be scored as 2 games with combined score settling ties.

2 controls HSC points + 1 control HSC points= Round HSC points

If you do not have 2 working controls, I'll dub your 1 control score into the 2 control game. Let me know if you need this.

HSC records: Bust 'em for bonus point(s)

Robotron 2084 -(Level 1)
(2 Controllers)
sdamon 555,150
(Level 1)
(1 Controller)
JacobZu7zu7 95,425
2 controller Final scores:
536,950 darthkur +11
194,200 roadrunner +10
156,550 sdamon +9
114,150 chuckwalla +8
73,075 zylon +7
38,575 jblenkle +6
28,850 RangerG +5
26,075 peedenmark7 +4
1 controller Final scores:
93,175 darthkur +11
84,575 sdamon +10
28,650 zylon +9
11,125 RangerG +8
7,625 peedenmark7 +7
Final HSC points=
darthkur +11+11=22
sdamon +9+10=19
zylon +7+9=16
RangerG +5+8=13
peedenmark7 +4+7=11
roadrunner +10
chuckwalla +8
jblenkle +6

post-25215-0-86201100-1381710096_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

Can anyone clue me in on what buttons you use to FIRE with? I can move around the screen, but can't fire. I'm using the Kat5200 emulator. I thought I had my emulator set up at one time to play this game using both my joystick and keyboard, but I evidently didn't save that configuration.

Can anyone clue me in on what buttons you use to FIRE with? I can move around the screen, but can't fire. I'm using the Kat5200 emulator. I thought I had my emulator set up at one time to play this game using both my joystick and keyboard, but I evidently didn't save that configuration.

I always use OE stuff for this game, but I would use the D-pad for fire and stick for movement on my DC emulator version.

Try the arrow keys. :ponder:

Well, thanks...but I am not using a DC emulator I'm using Kat5200 and I need to know specifically what keys or buttons on the Atari 5200 controller are used to FIRE and whether controller 1 or 2 is used for this function.

Guess I'll have to see if I can locate the instructions as nothing I seem to press on my controller or keyboard fires...but I can run all over the place just fine...

EDIT: Found the manual...didn't help much. I've tried three different emulators now with basically the same result. I can move, but I can't fire.

I always use OE stuff for this game, but I would use the D-pad for fire and stick for movement on my DC emulator version.

Try the arrow keys. :ponder:

Edited by jblenkle

Well, thanks...but I am not using a DC emulator I'm using Kat5200 and I need to know specifically what keys or buttons on the Atari 5200 controller are used to FIRE and whether controller 1 or 2 is used for this function.

Guess I'll have to see if I can locate the instructions as nothing I seem to press on my controller or keyboard fires...but I can run all over the place just fine...

EDIT: Found the manual...didn't help much. I've tried three different emulators now with basically the same result. I can move, but I can't fire.

Here is hopefully an answer to your problem...since I use kat5200 as well NOTE: this is for setting up Robotron for a Two Controller simulation using one controller.

First go to Options and select Input

post-34056-0-70425000-1382376982_thumb.png

post-34056-0-41342300-1382376983_thumb.png

1. Select Keyboard Input

2. Make sure you are on the Player One Tab and then select a direction for your joypad/stick

3. Make Sure you have Joystick selected in the box. Click on Auto Detect and then move the D-pad/Stick in that direction and let go...it sometimes takes a second to register..you may have to press it in the desired direction twice, depends on the speed of system.

Rinse and repeat for all other directions

4. Make sure that you uncheck Simulate Analog and then click OK

post-34056-0-03652100-1382376982_thumb.png

As with the set up for Player 1 set up Player Two directionals except use your Gamepad / Joystick Fire Buttons using Auto Detect..example select Up then click on Auto Detect you would then press a fire button to simulate Player Two's Up direction

Once you have completed all four directions ... make sure Simulate Analog is unchecked and click on OK.

This configuration will remain in effect until you change it.

To setup the fire buttons for Player One just click on Top Button then Auto Detect then press a fire button...repeat for Bottom Button.

I hope this clears up your problem...I had the same problem for awhile until I started playing with the settings and then the finally worked and I left them alone.

Control 1 moves and control 2 fires. For single mode, control 1 moves and upper fire button fires ahead of you, lower one fires behind you.

Yup, that worked...thanks!!! It was a little hard to get used to, but at least I can play now.

Here is hopefully an answer to your problem...since I use kat5200 as well NOTE: this is for setting up Robotron for a Two Controller simulation using one controller.

First go to Options and select Input

attachicon.gifInputKat52.PNG

attachicon.gifInputKat52a.PNG

1. Select Keyboard Input

2. Make sure you are on the Player One Tab and then select a direction for your joypad/stick

3. Make Sure you have Joystick selected in the box. Click on Auto Detect and then move the D-pad/Stick in that direction and let go...it sometimes takes a second to register..you may have to press it in the desired direction twice, depends on the speed of system.

Rinse and repeat for all other directions

4. Make sure that you uncheck Simulate Analog and then click OK

attachicon.gifInputKat52b.PNG

As with the set up for Player 1 set up Player Two directionals except use your Gamepad / Joystick Fire Buttons using Auto Detect..example select Up then click on Auto Detect you would then press a fire button to simulate Player Two's Up direction

Once you have completed all four directions ... make sure Simulate Analog is unchecked and click on OK.

This configuration will remain in effect until you change it.

To setup the fire buttons for Player One just click on Top Button then Auto Detect then press a fire button...repeat for Bottom Button.

I hope this clears up your problem...I had the same problem for awhile until I started playing with the settings and then the finally worked and I left them alone.

Can't move up or down , so I'll take the participation point :)

1 controller: 7,625

2 controller: 26,075

I have 1G of service where we are at and pics are not uploading.

A big congrats to Our Champ SDamon for once again showing us all how it's done !

Also, a big thanks to Darthkur for playing with us this season . Nipping at your heels, I gave 2nd a good run !!

Happy this season is over.. See you all around Turkey Day for the OEM !

post-28653-0-71295900-1382894812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats to Darthkur taking the win with some excellent play. :thumbsup: :-o Thanks to all who played and be sure to end the season right with some Jousting. :)

2 controller Final scores:

536,950 darthkur +11

194,200 roadrunner +10

156,550 sdamon +9

114,150 chuckwalla +8

73,075 zylon +7

38,575 jblenkle +6

28,850 RangerG +5

26,075 peedenmark7 +4

1 controller Final scores:

93,175 darthkur +11

84,575 sdamon +10