IGNORED

Rip Cord

RKGames

Since I didn't remember the arcade game I just watched a video of the game, about 6 minutes or so and I tend to think the one screen does get repetitive. So I like your idea of different screens with different layouts and landing places. I think that would add more to the game myself. I wonder how you plan to implement this though, so many succesful landings and you go to another screen, or by points, or at random? In your arcade mode will it be in black and white, or color? I am just asking is all. I don't know how much memory all the options you mentioned will take up, but I guess I would vote for as many as possible. But I don't want to make things so complex that it becomes a pain for you to program. Just my two cents worth, it is your game and however you do it is not as big of a deal to me since I really look forward to playing it when it is released! Keep up the great work!

Cool, I'm planning on about 20 to 30 levels in the new mode, as pixelboy said, mainly new landing positions, however i'm looking into adding a new enemy type or two for the higher levels to keep the players interest! I'm going to play it safe and code the core of the game (Arcade and coleco versions) and what space is left i'll devote to the new levels mode so i dont fall into the monster bash trap again!

Take care,

Russ

• Like 3

Cool, I'm planning on about 20 to 30 levels in the new mode, as pixelboy said, mainly new landing positions, however i'm looking into adding a new enemy type or two for the higher levels to keep the players interest! I'm going to play it safe and code the core of the game (Arcade and coleco versions) and what space is left i'll devote to the new levels mode so i dont fall into the monster bash trap again!Take care,Russ

Kewl :cool:

Cool, I'm planning on about 20 to 30 levels in the new mode, as pixelboy said, mainly new landing positions, however i'm looking into adding a new enemy type or two for the higher levels to keep the players interest! I'm going to play it safe and code the core of the game (Arcade and coleco versions) and what space is left i'll devote to the new levels mode so i dont fall into the monster bash trap again!

Take care,

Russ

Russ,

WOW! Sounds very impressive! You are the man!

Take care,

Russ

Can't wait to see final result, :grin:

Sent a very tiny piece of data to RK, not something elaborate but gives an idea of a possible music.

Thanks again Dan for the short tune! I'll get it in the game and hopefully post a video for everyone to see and hear over the the weekend (I cant wait to hear it myself)! I really appreciate the music, what a great surprise to see it in my mail box!!!!

Take care,

Russ

• Like 1

Outstanding! I am a huge VH fan, saw them this summer at their only California gig, and I approve!!!

I am a big fan of VH as well. Never got to see them live though. Back in about 1982 or 83 I spent almost three hours on the phone dialing over and over trying to get tickets to see them in Kansas City, but all I ever got was a busy signal.

Who would have thought back then a VH song would be in a ColecoVision game, granted 30 years later, but better late than never right? Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Dan has, once again, done another great job with his amazing CV musical ability! Bravo!

Edited by 65Gamerguy
  • Like 1

Nice Job! Both RKGames and NewColeco..

Thanks! Dan did an awesome job on the music as always, it's mind blowing how talented he is with both his coding and music! to make everyone a little more excited, Dan just sent an even better version of the song! I'll see if i can post another video tonight / tomorrow! Or if dan wants to post a full version of the song on his youtube channel like he usually does that would be cool!

Russ

Thanks! Dan did an awesome job on the music as always, it's mind blowing how talented he is with both his coding and music! to make everyone a little more excited, Dan just sent an even better version of the song! I'll see if i can post another video tonight / tomorrow! Or if dan wants to post a full version of the song on his youtube channel like he usually does that would be cool!

Russ

Wow this just keeps getting better and better!

Russ

When music done, sure, I will post a video

• Like 2

Dan's tune is superb! :D

I do hope you intend of fix the "glitch" (if you can call it that at this point of development) where the front of the cargo plane disappears when it touches the left edge of the screen. Perhaps you could do the cargo plane as a horizontal tile animation, which would free up a couple of slots in the sprite attribute table, and you could use those sprites for something else.

Just my two cents. :)

Dan's tune is superb! :D

I do hope you intend of fix the "glitch" (if you can call it that at this point of development) where the front of the cargo plane disappears when it touches the left edge of the screen. Perhaps you could do the cargo plane as a horizontal tile animation, which would free up a couple of slots in the sprite attribute table, and you could use those sprites for something else.

Just my two cents. :)

He can use the Early Clock (bit 7) in sprite color, so the sprite can disappear smoothly in the left, of course, he should add 32 to X coordinate.

• Like 1

He can use the Early Clock (bit 7) in sprite color, so the sprite can disappear smoothly in the left, of course, he should add 32 to X coordinate.

I test this just now. He can use sprites[0].colour =0xF4; in C to do the early clock. First Hex is F, which will trigger the Early Clock, and second Hex for the color he want to use, which is blue.

I was thinking earlier of another solution is to do the plane in char. I think 4 copies of the plane would work. I think either put_frame or series of put_char would work. Put_frame will not wrap around, and will go off screen.

I test this just now. He can use sprites[0].colour =0xF4; in C to do the early clock. First Hex is F, which will trigger the Early Clock, and second Hex for the color he want to use, which is blue.

I was thinking earlier of another solution is to do the plane in char. I think 4 copies of the plane would work. I think either put_frame or series of put_char would work. Put_frame will not wrap around, and will go off screen.

Nanochess, Kiwi, thanks for the info. i had no idea that smooth scrolling a sprite off the left of the screen was going to be so tricky! Thanks for the info about the Early Clock! I now have the plane smoothly flying off the left of the screen, only to have the issue on the other side now. but with this info, i'm working on a function that will know when to flip back and forth the right color to toggle the mode as needed and reposition the sprite to make it look like nothing tricky is happening under the hood! Thanks again! Hopefully i'll be able to pull that off! Too funny how little things like that can almost be show stoppers on the coleco hardware! good to know!

Take care,

Russ