IGNORED

Retro Gaming Magazine Launching Soon

No, the free issue will have its own download and will be prominently placed (i.e., marked as obviously free) when it is ready.

We are also opening up an affiliate program for content creators that are interested in making some cold hard cash. If you own a Youtube channel, website or a podcast, for instance, and are interested in joining, please contact me here or at cwilliams@scenic7pr.com

Edited by triverse

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, things are a little slower for us at RGM than I wanted but things are progressing nicely. We have gone back and scrapped a lot of the work that was done, but unreleased, due to comments we have received on the stuff that has been shown to members of the media. In the end, this will make RGM a better magazine which was always the goal.
Below are a couple more pages from different articles (you guys are probably sick of TMNT by now).
First up, we have the first page of a review that will be in the first issue, Soulless for the C64 -
soulless-review-page-1-of-2.jpg
Next up, we have a new contender in the mag. This article takes a look at gaming advertising in a satirical view. This was initially planned for issue #2 but we are cutting "What the Hell Happened" from issue #1 and bringing in a much better article for our readers to enjoy.
Ins_ads_01.jpg
Ins_ads_02.jpg
As usual, we want to hear from you about what you would like to see changed, concerns, etc.
We are looking for help with replacing some game screens for the Cross Platform Gaming article. Those that were turned in previously were low res and featured graphic filters not present on the original hardware and could not be used. Anyone interested?

Also, a quick question. What is your definition of retro? Is it a console generation, is it a console itself or is it a certain year or something else?
Edited by triverse
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The first issue is now live to download in PDF format. This issue features these articles:

Cross Platform Gaming: Sega Genesis vs Nintendo SNES as voted on by our readers

Post Mortem Gaming featuring new games for the Commodore 64, Sega Genesis and Turbo Grafx-16

Exclusive interview with Susan Jaekel, former Atari 2600 era cover painter

Exclusive interview with the Mega Man 2.5D developers

and more.

RGM-1-Final_01.jpg

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/buy-rgm/

• Like 1

We are using Magcloud as our printer. Anyone that has purchased a magazine through that service knows how good the paper quality is. For those that haven't, magazines under 60 pages are printed on 80 pound paper (thicker than the covers of most magazines at the newstands today), this is the same paper quality that Gamefan used in the early 90's before being sold off to Millennium Publishing in 94 or 95 (right before the HUGE 300+ page issues started appearing).

We take the pre-orders and then place one big order once a week with Magcloud (saving enough money to allow us to sell at $7.49 +shipping since it literally costs more than that for one issue). The issues are shipped in a clear plastic, sealed, bag directly to you.

I am not affiliated with Retro Magazine so I cannot comment on their situation. I can say, I like competition, it makes everyone step their game up.

I agree that magcloud has good quality plus pages are in color places like lulu or cafepress only do color covers(and lulu charges more for color)

Mag cloud charges ast least one third of lulu color. Ialso like the way magcloud does shipping if you bulk ship to 20 plus people you geta discount)

I'm moving my mags to magcloud now(the current VGS program will be the first issue to be done there)

yeah, I forgot that your nt connected to the other reto.

I spent the last three years (RGM was originally to be an early 2011 launch) looking at print suppliers, both locally and on-line. In that time, I have discovered that Magcloud is simply the easiest to get rolling with and their prices are better in small quantities (let's face it, no one in retro publishing is pushing 100,000 copies per issue). The other cool thing is, they handle subscriptions (simply add your subscribers to a list you name whatever month their sub ends and each gets the issue when you print).

Other print houses charge for shipping to individual addresses, charge for color, charge additional fees for paper quality above 40 pound (half that of Magcloud) and for sealed plastic envelopes for shipping and for address labels. Then on top of all of that, if you purchase under 20,000 copies, the price is HIGHER than Magcloud, just for the issues, not counting the additional stuff mentioned.

We will be moving back issues to Magcloud as we move to the next issue of the magazine. The price will probably be $9.99 plus shipping. This is higher than the pre-order price but that is the idea of a pre-order, if you want the lower price, buy early or subscribe.

We have people asking for us to offer Lulu and other solutions but the cost to the reader would be higher, prohibitively in many cases, for the same quality that we offer through Magcloud. To me, that doesn't make sense.

• 4 weeks later...

The second issue pre-orders and preview information are available here, including the cover of the 2nd issue.

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2014/03/29/retro-gaming-magazine-2-preview-and-cover-reveal/

Also, anyone purchasing a subscription can now tell us which issue they wish to start with. This way, you can save on back issue pricing if you have not purchased a copy of issue #1 and have it as part of your subscription. How cool is that?

RGM=100% Retro

• 4 weeks later...

The second issue is now available:

Interview: Artemio Urbina
Fan Translations:
Clocktower on SNES
Dynamite Headdy for Sega Genesis
Metal Gear 1 and 2 on MSX2
Royal Stone on Game Gear
Sweet Home on NES

Post Mortem:
Castlevania for Spectrum
Legends for Atari 2600
Reblobed for Sega Dreamcast
Sydney Hunter and the Mayan’s Revenge for NES

Digital Comics:
Akira for NES
Bubblegum Crash: Knight Sabers 2034 for Turbo Grafx-16
Jesus: Dreadful Bio-Monster for NES
Play Novel: Silent Hill for GBA
Policenauts for Playstation
Radical Dreamers for SNES
Snatcher for MSX2

Game Hacks:
God of War for NES
Sonic Winter Adventures for Genesis
WWE Wrestling for NES

Sharp X68000 gaming computer article.

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2014/04/28/retro-gaming-magazine-issue-2-released/