IGNORED

TurboForth V1.2 Released

Willsy

Here is the latest build that I have, if anyone wants to take it for a spin on real hardware.

Mark

attachicon.gifTurboForthv1.2.1-beta.zip

This works great on my F18a nanopeb (com1) 4/a :) sorry took so long to test..busy weeks. BUT on the REAL TI with pbox/speech/sams/pers card/corcomp floppy it goes into a speach crash "garble barble program garble balajdskjfdljkaflssf sf" blank screen..

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper

• 2 weeks later...

TurboForth: based on the Forth 83 standard. Cartridge based, so nearly the whole 32k free for your programs.

FbForth: based on the FIG (forth interest group) specification. Loads from disk (currently) as and editor assembler file. Lee Stewart will shortly be embarking on an effort to shoe-horn fbForth into a cartridge. A major undertaking.

TF is currently a little faster than fbForth as more of it is implemented internally in assembler but they'll even out as FbForth finds its new home in a cartridge. FbForth also supports bitmap whereas TF currently does not.

Have a browse at http://turboforth.net

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I wish I'd found this thread before pulling my hair out and blaming my lack of Ti and ROM-burning knowledge.

I've burned 1.2 to a 27C128 and using it with a nanoPEB on real hardware, get the hang at the copyright message.

Does the Beta download fix this or is there no current solution to the nanoPEB incompatibility issue?

Thanks.

I tried the 1.2.1 beta after posting my previous message but couldn't get this to load at all.

It seems like the previous version worked better. At least with that, if I held down the spacebar on loading, I got an error telling me it couldn't locate BLOCKS on DSK1 but then I could type in commands and get results.

It's great the issue is resolved. I'll wait for Mark to bring us up to speed on the latest version.

Bob,

That's the V1.2.1 released - it's uploaded to Turboforth.net on the downloads page. I tried to email it to you but the email is sooooo slow on this hotel connection - it's just not working at all. Note I've also uploaded the release note to the website, and a version of the cart for classic99.

Mark

I still have one of his ZX80 kits to build. Good quality board and (certainly for the ZX80 kit) the keyboard overlay is excellent quality.

If you're looking for a modern DIY FORTH project to build, look into the FIGnition kit. $30-ish credit-card-sized FORTH micro built around an Atmel AVR.

https://sites.google.com/site/libby8dev/fignition