IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 26 ~ Challenge of Nexar (Game 3 B/B)

Vocelli

... I've noticed my final score disappearing before I could take a photo a few times before. Anyone else encountering that?

only thing I've seen like that is that it changes colors & sometimes the score is close to the same color as the background. so I had some bad pictures because of that. but if you wait for a bit it should be more legible, unless you're encountering something different

only thing I've seen like that is that it changes colors & sometimes the score is close to the same color as the background. so I had some bad pictures because of that. but if you wait for a bit it should be more legible, unless you're encountering something different

No, it would make a lot of noise (maybe when time has expired) and go immediately to 00.

No, it would make a lot of noise (maybe when time has expired) and go immediately to 00.

That's weird. Only thing I can imagine, apart from a glitch, is that you kept firing after losing, thus triggering a new game somehow. I had the same problem in the beginning. I just didn't realize I'm already dead again... I let go of everything as soon as it makes a lot of noise :-).

Another piece of information that may be interesting: I've tried to run into beacons to test if they count as destroyed when that happens. Don't try. It doesn't count. You HAVE to shoot them. I tried this because at higher levels, you get extra lives so fast that it would have been a worthwhile strategy to get beacons you missed. 12 lives don't help you when time runs out...

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 2

As far as the game over scene, it flashes, makes noise, and you can no longer move your crosshairs. Mine will reset with the fire button, so whenever I see the flash/noise, I glance at the score board. If it's game over, you see your final score. If its a level advancement, you see NEXAR-## whatever level your going to now.

This is my "Budget Basement" stand up arcade. :lolblue: I plan to build a cabinet this winter to play Atari and PS1 games like a stand-up coin-op. The more I play this game the more it feels like an "ARCADE" game. Anyway, my first rip using the "advantage" joystick got me to 15000 even. Then I gave the "command control" a spin and ended up with 15850 my best so far. Either set-up, arcade type joystick, or trac-ball may not triple your score but they added a ton of FUN to the game for me.post-33986-0-01745800-1383874258_thumb.jpg-post-33986-0-11127400-1383874826_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Up to 18750 on the "Budgacade" using the trac-ball, havin a blast!! Hope to top this till the end, if not i'll post a pic later. Wouldn't have given this game five min if not for HSC, now after a good few tries, on my top ten list for sure!! Just real "arcade" challenge feel.?? Maybe it's time to slow up on the Natty lights??? Either way it's FUN!!

Is that a Wico trac-ball?

Up to 18750 on the "Budgacade" using the trac-ball, havin a blast!! Hope to top this till the end, if not i'll post a pic later. Wouldn't have given this game five min if not for HSC, now after a good few tries, on my top ten list for sure!! Just real "arcade" challenge feel.?? Maybe it's time to slow up on the Natty lights??? Either way it's FUN!!