IGNORED

Ninja Champ 2600

salzmafia.com

I present to you a weekend project. Ninja Champ 2600 (tentative title of course). This is inspired by the Karate Champ arcade game. It already has 1 player, 2 players VS and Demo/Attract mode. A few more features are still to be added including pain and defeat animations, health bars, etc. Enjoy as I know I did. Gameplay footage is available at my site salzmafia.com, if there is interest I'll post periodic updates here.

post-28062-0-03257400-1383544576_thumb.gif

post-28062-0-09102200-1383544615_thumb.gif

post-28062-0-75916800-1383544625_thumb.gif

post-28062-0-52822300-1383544642_thumb.gif

• Like 6

Hold fire and press away for medium block, fire and away and up for high block, fire down and away for low block.

This game is looking great. The controls remind me of "Way of the Exploding Fist". That game only used one button too. I've attached the instructions which lists how the players were controlled, it might be useful for your game.

WayOfTheExplodingFistThe.pdf

Looking good so far though I haven't seen the latest video yet (I will watch it when I get home). I used to love all those old one button beat 'em ups on the 8 bit computers (Speccy mostly). Way of the Exploding Fist, Yie Ar Kung Fu even Kung Fu Master. Keep up the good work. :)

PS: Do you plan to make your avatar into a real game? That would be cool. It's one of my favourite films from the '70s...

PS: Do you plan to make your avatar into a real game? That would be cool. It's one of my favourite films from the '70s...

It's already made. The game is complete and will be released in cartridge format by CMS. I made a goofy commercial of the game,

http://youtu.be/lfOGOiorBRg

But the screen shots and video is a pre-final version the final version has lines cleaned up, full option menu for 1P, 1P VS CPU, 1P VS 2P, and DEMO. The label used as my avatar was used to make a shirt for a different project.