IGNORED

ASTEROIDS3D new game & disassy

Blue Azure

BAM!BAM!BAM!

BAM!

BAM! BLUE AZURE MONDAY BAM!

BAM!

BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!

And here it is ASTEROIDS 3D (A3D)...finally. The final holdout of the original dozen or so 7800 games. Along with POLE POSITION 2 and JOUST, A3D appeared to not have a source list make its way to present-day Atari museums, collectors and fans. But we did have the PAL ASTEROIDS BIOS source list and I was able to convert that and piece it together as attached here:

Asteroids3D_E5DC_Disassy5.rtf

Quite frankly, this game is mostly ho-humm these days, and there has been past interest into developing vastly improved versions like ASTEROIDS VECTOR, ASTEROIDS DELUXE, SPACE DUEL, and KESSEL ATTACK. But fast backward to around 1983/1984, A3D was a stunning game boasting multiple colored asteroid rocks with rotating craters. At the time there was nothing else to compare it with. No one had seen anything like this before, and it was on display only on the Atari 7800. Even now I look closely at the animation and it amazes me. When I played this in the 1980's the final conclusion was always the same - I LOSE. The rocks kept coming and my ship would explode into a "million" pieces. What if we could turn the tables and the ship stayed intact and the asteroid rocks blew up? I always dreamed of that, and now we have it...

New A3D Features:

* Asteroid rocks now "blow up" upon contact with your Supership.

* The random ship explosion from returning from hyperspace has been deleted. That was really annoying. In real life I've never died when returning from hyperspace in the DeLorean. Why should I in this game?

* Player 1 starts with zero (0) spare lives. You must gain 10,000 points before the UFO rams or shoots you or it's GAME OVER DUDE.

* Player 2 is fully invincible. Nothing harms Player 2, not the UFO nor Player 1. Never tell your little brother/sister why you always want to be Player 2 in this game.

* Up to 14 spare ships can be displayed. Will you ever achieve this? Try it and see.

NTSC ASTEROIDS 3D, emulator

Asteroids3D_INV1_16K.a78

PAL ASTEROIDS 3D on board with BIOS (works inside NTSC & PAL machines). This is NOT an external cartridge.

Asteroids78onBoardPALBIOS_INV_1BA0.bin

ENJOY THE "NEW" GAME !!!

///BLUEMAN///

BAM!BAM!BAM!

BAM!

BAM! BLUE AZURE MONDAY BAM!

BAM!

BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!

And here it is ASTEROIDS 3D (A3D)...finally. The final holdout of the original dozen or so 7800 games. Along with POLE POSITION 2 and JOUST, A3D appeared to not have a source list make its way to present-day Atari museums, collectors and fans. But we did have the PAL ASTEROIDS BIOS source list and I was able to convert that and piece it together as attached here:

attachicon.gifAsteroids3D_E5DC_Disassy5.rtf

Quite frankly, this game is mostly ho-humm these days, and there has been past interest into developing vastly improved versions like ASTEROIDS VECTOR, ASTEROIDS DELUXE, SPACE DUEL, and KESSEL ATTACK. But fast backward to around 1983/1984, A3D was a stunning game boasting multiple colored asteroid rocks with rotating craters. At the time there was nothing else to compare it with. No one had seen anything like this before, and it was on display only on the Atari 7800. Even now I look closely at the animation and it amazes me. When I played this in the 1980's the final conclusion was always the same - I LOSE. The rocks kept coming and my ship would explode into a "million" pieces. What if we could turn the tables and the ship stayed intact and the asteroid rocks blew up? I always dreamed of that, and now we have it...

New A3D Features:

* Asteroid rocks now "blow up" upon contact with your Supership.

* The random ship explosion from returning from hyperspace has been deleted. That was really annoying. In real life I've never died when returning from hyperspace in the DeLorean. Why should I in this game?

* Player 1 starts with zero (0) spare lives. You must gain 10,000 points before the UFO rams or shoots you or it's GAME OVER DUDE.

* Player 2 is fully invincible. Nothing harms Player 2, not the UFO nor Player 1. Never tell your little brother/sister why you always want to be Player 2 in this game.

* Up to 14 spare ships can be displayed. Will you ever achieve this? Try it and see.

NTSC ASTEROIDS 3D, emulator

attachicon.gifAsteroids3D_INV1_16K.a78

PAL ASTEROIDS 3D on board with BIOS (works inside NTSC & PAL machines). This is NOT an external cartridge.

attachicon.gifAsteroids78onBoardPALBIOS_INV_1BA0.bin

ENJOY THE "NEW" GAME !!!

///BLUEMAN///

Wow really cool, you tube video?

Sure we could change colors and drop a file on uTube. Will you do it?

Meanwhile, there's a bug in the ASTEROIDS3D_INV1_16K.a78 file I posted yesterday. In the lives decrement routine, it isn't expecting that more than 4 spare lives are showing on the screen. So if you have 5 or more lives showing on the screen and then you lose a bunch of lives, it will decrement 4, 3, 2, 1 and leave the 5, 6, 7, 8, etc lives showing on the screen. The quick fix is to revert back to a maximum 4 spare lives displayed. I'll be looking to fix this soon.

Here's the quick fix...

Asteroids3D_INV2_16K.a78

Double meanwhile, I'm working on 3 other games right now that blow this away. This is holiday rush month to get the games out in time for Christmas. Bob is waiting for his Christmas gifts. He worked for it, and now we work for it. Stay tuned, only at atariage.com!

///Blueman///