IGNORED

Portland Retro Gaming Expo Oct 18th/19th 2014

Rick Weis

Powell's City of Books downtown is a must-see; other than that:

• Portland's food cart scene seems to be popular - http://www.foodcartsportland.com/
  • Lots of hippie dippie shops in the pearl district
  • Ground Kontrol arcade is downtown and quite awesome!
  • If you are driving, it would be worth your time to head east into the gorge to see all the awesome waterfalls, but this will take some hours to really be worthwhile

This is going to be an amazing show with some of the best selections of product you could think of. Also, I am happy to announce that I will have debuting a homebrew 2600 title there with deluxe packaging at the show. The game Game Panic(programmed by AA member theloon) is a throwback and homage to classic game & watch gameplay. I am planning to have 43 boxed(cases like CGE adventures)games with inst, a bonus DVD(Atari collecting video from my Nuts and Bolts DVD series) for the show.

some details about the game

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226835-game-panic-lcd-atari-2600-homebrew/

Swlovinist, what's the name of your booth? Buying new Atari homebrews is one of the things I look forward to most about PRGE. (I tried to include your quote, but my phone sucks.)

I will be at the Classics & Oddities Booth, No #106. I have one table of a very large booth. Look for the beard and hat :) I welcome all AA members to come by and say hi. The game will be on display as well for those to see it.

Here is the floorplan

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/expo_floorplan.php

This weekend we will be giving away the last batch of our 2014 Collectible Arcade Tokens at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. This is your last chance to get your hands on these exclusive limited edition coins. They will not be made available again after this date. Each coin comes in a unique custom package featuring the Portland Retro Gaming Expo logo. Each coin is limited to 125 Each, making a total of 250 coins available at the show.

So be sure to get to the show early on Saturday as these coins won't last long! See you at the show!

post-27032-0-79441800-1413611180_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Man, I just got back from the show......this show rocks.....one of the best shows I have been to in my 15 years of going to these shows. I wish I could have stayed another day. It was great to see old friends (and making new ones).

Once again, great show PRGE team!!!!! :) You guys ROCK!!!! :)

It was insane and now I think I may have come down with a bit of convention flu. Hopefully the 24 hour variety. I feel like I'm sweating it off though, even as I type this. It was almost to be expected, even though I walked around with hand sanitizer that I used about 2 times an hour. Saw a booth selling my Princess Rescue game CIB for $250! I asked him about it and he thought I was interested in buying it, and then I told him I was the one who made it. Long story short, I signed it, and another guy's copy that was also there and took this picture.

post-33183-0-45144500-1413872525_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It was insane and now I think I may have come down with a bit of convention flu. Hopefully the 24 hour variety. I feel like I'm sweating it off though, even as I type this. It was almost to be expected, even though I walked around with hand sanitizer that I used about 2 times an hour. Saw a booth selling my Princess Rescue game CIB for $250! I asked him about it and he thought I was interested in buying it, and then I told him I was the one who made it. Long story short, I signed it, and another guy's copy that was also there and took this picture.

attachicon.gifHNI_0062.JPG

Cool. Which guy are you?