IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) For Intellivision

• 2 months later...

By the way, those screenshots seem to indicate that the play-field is larger than the screen, is this true?

Yes! The game play field scrolls as Rockford moves through it.

Sorry, no game play video 'yet'. Hopefully soon.

looks like a great start! I'm impressed.

It is actually more than a 'start'. It is very close to being finished. It might even have been finished by now if not for some bad luck. Unfortunately, some bugs were messing with the boulder dropping code, and it was ripped out and started again. When everything works properly, we can get a demo video out there, but it is low priority right now, as have to print the box very soon. We need to finalize the 'look' of the screen for the box.

The title screen and the splash screen are already finalized, and I showed some credits screens and the high score screen already. Here they are again.

post-31813-0-43216700-1398257436_thumb.gif

post-31813-0-25325800-1398257458_thumb.png

post-31813-0-88999600-1398257489_thumb.gif

• Like 3

Maybe my post was a bit impolite and confusing. Sorry about that. I was impressed since that were the first screenshots that I have seen from the game.

So I assume that this will also be released in 2014?

Looks great so far! I'm VERY much looking forward to adding this to my collection; it will look great on my shelf next to Match 5, Paddle Party, D2K Arcade, and MineHunter!

It's too bad that the Intellivision is limited to twenty columns of text. I'm assuming that the numbers along the top of the screenshots shown in Post #82 represent the player's score and the high score. I'm sure the idea has already occurred to you, but might it be possible to separate the two scores with a space or some other delimiter? It might make that line easier to read, and would also leave you with an even number of digits for both scores, since you're presently using three of the twenty columns for the diamond count and icon.