IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) For Intellivision

In addition to the game, I like seeing how these products evolve. Like the other thread for LTO-Flash! showing the printing operation and Al's thread showing Princess Rescue production evolve. It is just very interesting to me to see all of the steps, people, and products involved as it gives more insight as to what it truly takes to get these games in our hands. Not just a guy in his basement with supplies, a printer, and a screwdriver! What actually takes place is much more like what I would expect a much larger organization to do. Thanks for sharing the pictures Willie as it not only keeps us informed of how far along you are progressing, it also shows the many steps that could cause delays or longer than expected production times. I am definitely interested in getting this and the LTO-Flash!, and quality products are worth the wait.

• Like 1

The one thing that impressed me about my printer was that they respected me as a small business. The PRESIDENT of the company took me into the board room with one of his Execs and asked me what I was looking for and answered all of my questions. Since then, I've done $40,000 in business with them. Not a lot for a company this size, but they treat me just as good as their big customers and I really appreciate it.

It goes to show what it takes to print quality stuff.....Elektronite and LTO boxes get printed on a 3 million dollar printer. And, their biggest printer is 3 times as large and 10 times as expensive.

when they go for sale

Do you mean "When do they go on sale?"

Hopefully we have them ready by CGE and can show it at the show.

Richard Spitalny the president of First Star Software, Inc. is going to the show, so I expect that he will want to show it off. He should have a few CIB copies but at the least a prototype with overlays and box.

• Like 2

Richard Spitalny the president of First Star Software, Inc. is going to the show, so I expect that he will want to show it off. He should have a few CIB copies but at the least a prototype with overlays and box.

Are to going to CGE?

So it probably won't be available for sale at CGE? That could be a nice incentive/surprise at CGE.

I can't speak for William, only speculate like you. These newer games are pushing the Intellivision into unheard of territory, and actual latent hardware bugs (or, quirks, as Joe has been affectionately calling them) are still being discovered. The capability to write larger games than likely ever envisioned is shaking out these issues. Identifying them and working around them is difficult, painstaking work. We haven't even hit the limits of the JLP board fully yet. So it's prudent to qualify these deadlines. It's a case of 'not knowing what we don't know'. But, the prudent thing is to expect that to happen, and try to plan for it. (Some would say to 'put slop in the schedule' :P ).

As Kroz is running its final gauntlet of testing and crazy old quirk discovery, hopefully that experience will make Boulder Dash's similar run a bit easier.

thanks for the answer sorry for my english

I am in for two at CGE on the spot if it happens!

Boulder Dash will NOT be sold at CGE. The BEST that can happen is a demonstration.

Me being Canadian, I can't 'work' in the USA. Selling the game is 'working'. The logistics of getting all the games together and to Las Vegas are too much.

I doubt many 'extra' copies will sell there.

I understand the work component, not being able to legally sell in the States, but i think in theory you could have if were legally sell games made at least enough to cover cost of flight hotel and meals for the days there.

Aliens, its a big topic here, very pushy subject. but I know the feeling. I am USA citizen born in the States and was detained for deportation by USA border patrol ( i had my usa birth certificate, USA passport and driver license) and still border patrol insisted i was here illegally, and processed me for deportation. When i met the judge, I ask him if I am being deported to NY bc thats where I was born. The judge quickly realized border patrol fucked up and released me.....

• Like 1

I understand the work component, not being able to legally sell in the States, but i think in theory you could have if were legally sell games made at least enough to cover cost of flight hotel and meals for the days there.

Aliens, its a big topic here, very pushy subject. but I know the feeling. I am USA citizen born in the States and was detained for deportation by USA border patrol ( i had my usa birth certificate, USA passport and driver license) and still border patrol insisted i was here illegally, and processed me for deportation. When i met the judge, I ask him if I am being deported to NY bc thats where I was born. The judge quickly realized border patrol fucked up and released me.....

You experienced our justice system at its best. Errors happen, but this one was caught. It was inconvenient, but think of what could have happened in another country. The US is not perfect, which is why we have checks and balances...... and red tape.