IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Why are there silver and beige versions of the 99? I have both but don't know the difference.

The only difference, as I understand, was the cost of production - the silver units were the early models, and the beige later units made to save on costs, when TI was losing money to competitors.

Edited by RobertLM78
  • Like 1

Why are there silver and beige versions of the 99? I have both but don't know the difference.

See NinerPedia here: http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Consoles

The only difference to care about, I think, is the v2.2 consoles, which were beige. If your title screen shows "v2.2", you have one. TI used v2.2 to lock out third-party vendors like Atari.

...lee

But it's worth noting that not all beige consoles have 2.2 motherboards. :)

That's right - I have two of the beige units, and neither are v2.2. Although it should be noted that for what ever reason, the 'newest' console oddly does not run Beyond WordWriter - the only third party software that I know of that won't run on that machine.

Oh I LIKE THAT!

How much would you charge me to make a little label like that?

I was thinking of replacing the "Solid State Software" badge with an "F18A Equipped" badge, but your's is great!

A stamp? It really is nothing special. A $20 Casio label maker with black/clear label tape. Voila! It does look surprisingly good for what it is, though. I can send you a couple :)

• Like 2

Glad you appreciate them. One thing I really like about the way they print is the text matches up width-wise to "computer" and fits very well between. I would love to get a real badge print done. Might ask around.

And it looks like you do indeed have a very steady hand!

• Like 3

A few pix of my FULL setup before I moved and slightly downsized.

This first one is of the current setup, but on a different desk.

74937c18.jpg

This one is of my old programming setup with GK and CF7+ (first edition)

cc97dd64.jpg

This is my prized complete set of original Funware cartridges. Not alot of guys have the complete original set.

0a7fd34e.jpg

My son got started early!!!

cb20f14b.jpg

My "transfer" setup

b89720da.jpg

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

This is not me ! But I like the video. Actually quite funny. Guess my English is perhaps not much better, so I'll spare you for now.

:)

Vectrexroli is a new user on here since last month, I'd be interested in getting hold of his homebrew games to put in Gamebase.

Edited by OX.
  • Like 1