IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

I found this today while I was looking for some blank 3.5 disks.

Foundation 512k card. I opened it up to verify it was 512k since it had a 128k with a line through it and it is.

I have not verified if the EPROM is the XBII eprom that could be used with this for Myarc XB II.

I thought I got rid of all the Foundation cards I had. Guess not. :D :D :D :D :D

Yes I have several, at least one still in the 128k configuration, some modified to use the Myarc eprom and be seen as Myarc cards, I have at least one as a 512k card like shown in the picture.

I'm surprised you were able to get the pins for that ZIF socket into the board--the only brand I've seen so far that works for perfect pin insertion into the cartridge boards are the ones from Aries. I have a number of the 32-pin ones, as I occasionally get requests for a board with a ZIF on it. I have a couple of the 42-pin ones as well, but the price on those is a bit crazy. . .

• 3 weeks later...

I have an ic socket on my red-board, and then added the green ziff to the ic-socket. It is a firm fit.

But it looks like Mantadoc's ziff is flush to the pcboard. Were you lucky Mantadoc? Or did you do some machining?

-M@

I used the dremmel to fix the Zif socket to fit in the board :) i can take a picture of next project :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You know. Yes, that would be great. But there's something about this beat up look I can't get over. It looks like a PEB that belongs on the Neb.

http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Nebuchadnezzar

I'm really in no rush and am going to leave it like this for a while. It'll look great in my dungeon.

I'm half tempted to take the tv out of its case to show the innards but the dust and risk of electric shock tells me no.

I almost want to slap stickers all over the peb lol.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Yeah, each one is in a different card from top to bottom display is Interface, 32k, disk controller, in peb same order left to right.

I've been letting the peb site idle (connected to TI sitting idle) in a relatively cool basement (under 70 degrees F)

The temps re sitting idle at around 90 degrees F +-3 degrees fluctuations.

That concerns me. I was told too hot to touch is too hot. By definition, too hot to touch is around 120 degrees F give or take a few.

So I'm going to be concerned with adding additional cooling if tany of these temps start hitting the 100-110 mark.

I'm not kidding when I say I am falling in love with this beat up look. I have a beat up console too, it's just that the mainboard is damaged right now but If I can get that repaired (or replaced) I'm probably going to use that beat up console to match the peb. I don't know why I find this look so appealing.

Yeah, each one is in a different card from top to bottom display is Interface, 32k, disk controller, in peb same order left to right.

I've been letting the peb site idle (connected to TI sitting idle) in a relatively cool basement (under 70 degrees F)

The temps re sitting idle at around 90 degrees F +-3 degrees fluctuations.

That concerns me. I was told too hot to touch is too hot. By definition, too hot to touch is around 120 degrees F give or take a few.

So I'm going to be concerned with adding additional cooling if tany of these temps start hitting the 100-110 mark.

I'm not kidding when I say I am falling in love with this beat up look. I have a beat up console too, it's just that the mainboard is damaged right now but If I can get that repaired (or replaced) I'm probably going to use that beat up console to match the peb. I don't know why I find this look so appealing.

Mad Max :-D

• Like 1