IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Greetings, Programs!

I'm going through all my boxes and setting up my TI which hasn't seen any use - other than to occasionally test power - in over 15 years. Pretty much have everything on the hardware side (no p-Code card or impact printer). Can't wait to get it put together and officially join the community with some photos of my setup (might also snap a few of my Atari 800XL as well).

Anyhow, before I start a separate thread is there a particular thread used for TI stuff for sale/trade/etc? I'd like to buy/trade for the printed manuals for the TI Color Monitor (PHA-4100A) and Slymoids, the original Editor/Assembler floppy disks, and Vol 1, #5 of 99er Magazine. If any one can point me in the right direction so I don't turn my first post into an eBay-like ad I'd appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Glad that I found this place (I was searching for the manuals above and found a Google Groups post with link to here), looking forward to participating and contributing.

Cheers,

Daniel

• Like 1

My TI.

attachicon.gifRasmusM-TI.jpg

... but I still wish for an easy, one key, way to catalog DSK1.

To view or to print it out? If you just want to view, DM2K is great for this, as after you load it up, and type DSK1. the first time, you can just press the button on the HxC to go on to the next virtual disk and then press FCTN-0 and then enter and you a get a catalog of the next disk.

Now if you want to print out the contents, well.. you've given me an idea which may require me to get off my posterior and do some programming, if you don't mind an Extended BASIC program, or waiting a week or two.

My TI.

attachicon.gifRasmusM-TI.jpg

I must admit I use it mostly for final tests to see that my own stuff is working, but I really like the Lotharek HxC drive I've got for Christmas. This makes it easy to browse through a bunch of disks, but I still wish for an easy, one key, way to catalog DSK1.

HaHa-nice to see that assembler gods still refer to the Extended Basic manual from time to time ;)

• Like 1

To view or to print it out? If you just want to view, DM2K is great for this, as after you load it up, and type DSK1. the first time, you can just press the button on the HxC to go on to the next virtual disk and then press FCTN-0 and then enter and you a get a catalog of the next disk.

Now if you want to print out the contents, well.. you've given me an idea which may require me to get off my posterior and do some programming, if you don't mind an Extended BASIC program, or waiting a week or two.

To view. My point is, even with XB 2.7 suite and DM2K you're still several keypresses away from cataloging a disk. Alternatively you can go to XB 2.7 and type CALL CAT("DSK1.") - 17 characters. It would be great if CALL CAT without parameters defaulted to DSK1. Even better if you could press 1 on the menu in XB suite to catalog DSK1, but I guess that would require custom code to be written.

To view. My point is, even with XB 2.7 suite and DM2K you're still several keypresses away from cataloging a disk.

Would it even be possible to write a programmable TSR that could be stuck somewhere in high memory, low memory or a Super Cart that would remember all the key presses and assign them to a single FCTN or CTRL key? If a small utility like this could be written, it could be used with the directory program of your choice... or any program for that matter.

jstimson,

That was the first printer and TI joystick replacements I ever had (IIRC they could lock out the diagonals which made Munchman easier to play). Great memories. I can still remember the first time using that printer at home, I thought it was so cool that I could create printed documents.

Edited by conmee

Would it even be possible to write a programmable TSR that could be stuck somewhere in high memory, low memory or a Super Cart that would remember all the key presses and assign them to a single FCTN or CTRL key? If a small utility like this could be written, it could be used with the directory program of your choice... or any program for that matter.

I can think of a way to detect keypresses, but not to prevent the main application from seeing the same keypresses... nor how to inject keypresses. The TI keyboard is just an array of switches, it's not tied into any kind of BIOS like PC keyboards.

If you hooked the user interrupt, you could probably scan the keyboard and take action from there, but you'd have to change the state of the 9901 when you did, which might break some software (probably not, I think, based on where the user interrupt hooks, but it's possible).

• Like 1

Yeah... user programmable macros is a nice idea, actually. I didn't get to this before I left, so, I won't be able to do much for a while... I think the controller will be released as-is. That said, future upgrades are just a simple re-program of the AVR.

Control F9 through F12 do offer a hardware output function at the moment, which I've used for Reset and Load, but never came up with a use for the other two. ;)

I suppose so, but I'm not sure what to use it for.

If I'm not mistaken, this means you can directly address the HxC from software, and switch virtual disks that way. One example could be a "Super Menu" program where everything on every virtual disk is directly accessible without having to press the red button to select another virtual disk. How awesome would that be... especially if it was in 80 columns? :grin: Man, I could really go for that!

If that is not enough, it appears that some sort of HARD DRIVE emulation could be created, but of course due to the way the TI is designed, I think that would only work in an active directory like program. So the first option above would be the best solution.