IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

My system:

post-17978-0-96283900-1525630188_thumb.j

I haven't posted it before because I was waiting to get an old computer desk my dad made for me from my parent's place.

However, upon looking at it closer this last weekend, I realized it wouldn't work with the modern approach of "stand your PE box on the side". It also required putting the monitor up much higher than I'm accustomed to.

So instead, I dug around with my dad and found an old wood desk that he had gotten for free from a neighbor's moving sale. Cleaned up and polished and it looks awesome!

I like your setup, nice tower arrangement and what looks to be an 8CM515 monitor. Be sure to get some little rubber stick on feet for the P-Box, otherwise you may find that blasted screw on the side scratches the hell out of your desktop.

I just have one question....

Where is everyone getting these TI coasters! I want one!

post-35324-0-04704500-1525651127_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I checked my only TI-99/4 this weekend. It is assembled in 1981, motherboard shows 1037231-2, on mainbyte.com you can see a 1037231-1:

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/computers/motherboard_ti994.html

It is a NTSC version. The mainboard asks for the usual 12V, 5V and -5V. I can use my typical EU power supplies to get those values. The 99/4 is nicely working. I was wondering on the different kind of power supplies and internal power supplies for 99/4. I heard horror stories of people blowing their power supply. What did they do wrong?

The problem machines are the ones with the entire power supply contained in the external box. It outputs DC, as the space for the internal supply is filled with the board managing audio (connected to the slide switch). It is a really bad idea to try and use an AC-only power supply with these (it will destroy them if you succeed in getting the power cord inserted and plugged in). The DC-output supply also does bad things to the boards expecting 22VAC to the internal power supply. . .and early European supplies of both types were externally identical with the exception of the output identification data and model number, so it was horribly easy to mix them up.

• Like 2

The problem machines are the ones with the entire power supply contained in the external box. It outputs DC, as the space for the internal supply is filled with the board managing audio (connected to the slide switch). It is a really bad idea to try and use an AC-only power supply with these (it will destroy them if you succeed in getting the power cord inserted and plugged in). The DC-output supply also does bad things to the boards expecting 22VAC to the internal power supply. . .and early European supplies of both types were externally identical with the exception of the output identification data and model number, so it was horribly easy to mix them up.

Thanks for this explanation. And thanks again Ksarul for letting this 99/4 ship to you 2 years back :)

I like your setup, nice tower arrangement and what looks to be an 8CM515 monitor. Be sure to get some little rubber stick on feet for the P-Box, otherwise you may find that blasted screw on the side scratches the hell out of your desktop.

I just have one question....

Where is everyone getting these TI coasters! I want one!

Yep, I have two of those Magnavox monitors now, in case one of them burns out. My only complaint is my replacement one has a "grainy" texture to the pixels...

I can't recall when I got the coaster, several years ago, but I found it on eBay.

I checked my only TI-99/4 this weekend. It is assembled in 1981, motherboard shows 1037231-2, on mainbyte.com you can see a 1037231-1:

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/computers/motherboard_ti994.html

It is a NTSC version. The mainboard asks for the usual 12V, 5V and -5V. I can use my typical EU power supplies to get those values. The 99/4 is nicely working. I was wondering on the different kind of power supplies and internal power supplies for 99/4. I heard horror stories of people blowing their power supply. What did they do wrong?

Is your TI-99/4 having the BIG pin (for 12V and 5V DC supply) or the normal pins (requiring 16VAC). Is your with volume slider? I think we have sorted it out last time and I have some articles about these differences with help of Ksarul. I also blew up my Shoe type big pin adapter, I got it broken actually, replaced the fuses then it worked again, then after a while smoke came out...and then I completely broke the adapter, but the new Meanwell adapter seems to be fine.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I had not heard about the 22VAC before?. It looks my adapters are less (see pictures)

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Cassette / Tapes Index

Detailed list

TI994A-CassettesTapes-RvanKleunen.zip

Mostly for:

TIBAS = TI BASIC

EXBAS = Extended BASIC

EXBAS+32K = Extended Basic and a console with 32K (that time either built-in or a side-car Corcomp 32K type of device)

(nowadays look at Jedi Matt's 32K side car (http://ti994a.cwfk.net/32k.html)

Assembler programs can be loaded via a Cassette Tape (see FaceBook for details:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2209774843/permalink/10156306199464844/)

ADVENT = ADVENTURE (requires an Adventure module to load these via tape)

MUSIC M = Music Maker Module required to load music files from cassette

ExII+ = Extended Basic II Plus (Mechatronic)

Apesoft = part of ExII+

P.R.K. = Personal Record Keeping --- see CompuTape 8 Side B

(can also be P.R.G.)

** I believe some extra features could be done using P.R.K. as well in TIBAS sometimes CALL FILES (1) had to be entered to have a bit more memory?

** otherwise the program could not be loaded or started ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased a copy of Schnoz-Ola on eBay. The original owner bought it from an unknown catalog in the early 90s, so it was a bit of a mystery what might be inside of it. After chatting with Ksarul about it, he asked me to post a picture of the board. I figured I would put it here in case others might be interested as well. It turns out it is an Asgard board.

TI 99/4A Schnoz-Ola Cartridge Board Top

TI 99/4A Schnoz-Ola Cartridge Board Bottom

TI 99/4A Schnoz-Ola Game Screenshot

This is my first post attempting to include images. So I apologize in advance if i'm doing this wrong.

• Like 6

The only legit ones in circulation would have been made in one of the ROMOX cartridge programming machines on a blank ECPC cartridge, as this was one of the available games in them. There was also a prototype box for a regular Funware release, but that was as far as they went with it. Any of the boards and cases in circulation with Funware parts are repros from Competition Computers. I have one with a white label that I bought new from them in 1995, and one with the Yellow label that I bought from them in 2005 or so. The Blue labels came in between. The Yellow label type is probably the most common, as he sold 15-20 of those on eBay. Anything that isn't in a Funware case probably came from Tex-Comp, as they were also making their own cartridges in the late 90s. Competition used Funware parts to ensure that their cartridges were as original as possible. Once they ran out of original Funware parts, they switched to selling programmed EPROMs.

• Like 2