IGNORED

Atari 2600 action figures?

cimerians

They're cool, but just too expensive. :)

Phil

Put it this way, if you were to make these customs yourself, you'd have to buy the vintage figures loose to kitbash them. For example, the Bespin Han and Death Star Commander figures used you'd be lucky to find loose for roughly about $15 a piece and the cost of buying the acrylic paints to paint them. Assuming you already have a high quality printer and could print out the cardbacks and mount them onto heavy cardstock and happen to have the blisters to seal the figure to the card, materials and supplies you are looking at roughly just under $45 to make one figure. Keep in mind that these are individually hand made and painted and take many hours to make each one. Personally, I don't have that much free time to do it, though I'm certainly sure I could make them myself if I really wanted to. I have made my own custom figures in the past and know exactly what it takes and goes into making them. Since it would cost me roughly the same, more or less, to make one myself, I feel the cost is quite reasonable. You have something unique that very few people have or have the talent to make themselves.

I'm glad to see that he has sold nearly all of them at this point. Hopefully it will encourage and inspire him to offer some more retro video game figures in the future. I am a fan of his work and would love to collect whatever else he comes up with to add to my collection!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...