IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

That's right, the second annual Carol vs the World competition is among us, and once again a customized version of the home brew game is at stake. Can you make the perfect Christmas? More details will be posted here soon (updating via iPod touch atm)
As last year, scoring for the HSC is 4x normal scoring due to the longer playtime

Rules of the Carol vs World Championships 2

Contest Instructions

1. Play the Christmas Carol game on your Intellivision® console or PC.
  2. At the end of the game, record your final score by taking a photograph or screen-shot of the game screen. This will serve as proof of your score. (THIS IS REQUIRED FOR BOTH CONTEST ENTRY AS WELL AS HSC SCORING FOR THIS GAME)
  3. Announce your points to the judges by sending proof of your high score via e-mail to cvw@CarolVsGhost.com, or posting the image on the Intellivision High Score Club forum. Be sure to include the name you want to have displayed on the leaderboard. (Basically post here to count for both, post via email only if you want contest only ranking)
  4. Wash, rinse, repeat as many times as you'd like, until the contest deadline of December 31st, 2013. (You heard Santa, help Carol today!)

That's it! There's nothing to buy and no registration required. Whether you play the game cartridge on an Intellivision® console, or the ROM edition on a PC or Mac, it's all the same. Just send us a photo or screen-grab of your score and you're in!

We'll post all entries as they come in. Note that if you sent your entry via e-mail, there may be a slight delay. In any case, the Carol vs. The World! leaderboard will be updated at least twice weekly.

To go get the ROM file to play Carol on your emulator, head on over to http://www.CarolVsGhost.com/pg_contest.html today!

Leaderboard (Carol vs World Championships #2) Final

post-25689-0-40523900-1391295841_thumb.jpg

HSC Score Table - Thru Night Stalker (game 11)

1. Ignorama - 93.5 pts
  2. cparsley - 78 pts
  3. Oscar G. - 68.5 pts
  4. felson42 - 63 pts
  5. darthkur - 40.5 pts
  6. 1980gamer - 23.5pts
  7. jblenkle - 23 pts
  8. scalpel - 22 pts
  9. RoadRunner - 20 pts (tied with S.BAZ)
  10. S.BAZ - 20 pts (tied with RoadRunner)
  11. WispFollower - 19 pts
  12. LidLikesIntellivision - 15 pts
  13. INTVDude - 13 pts
  14. mr_intv - 11 pts
  15. JacobZu7 - 9 pts
  16. Liduario - 8 pts
  17. Darrin9999 - 7 pts
  18. DZ-Jay - 1 pt (tied with atari2600land)
  19. atari2600land - 1 pt (tied with DZ-Jay)
Edited by cparsley
  • Like 3

That's right, the second annual Carol vs the World competition is among us, and once again a customized version of the home brew game is at stake. Can you make the perfect Christmas? More details will be posted here soon (updating via iPod touch atm)

As last year, scoring for the HSC is 4x normal scoring due to the longer playtime

@cparsley, I fully trust you and Dz-Jay!

I hope you both are eligible to earn the prizes as we are! I just looked at the Christmas Carol website.

Not only that, but after talking to Dz-Jay today, he fully knows trust is a virtue all Elves share!

EDIT ---

Hmm... but I remember you were drinking too much hot cocoa...

Now I understand it!

If this year's competition is at least half as good as last year's... we are in for a great, great time indeed!

If you are new to the Carol vs World competition. I have only one word of advice… Don't hesitate to post scores… The fun is in the ride...

Participate… It is really a fantastic event!

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

Great going, guys! I am still working on the automation script to handle the leaderboard updates, so it may take a couple more days.

I expect to have the leaderboard up and running by Wednesday or Thursday. In the meantime, keep those scores coming!

P.S. There's another surprise coming soon, possibly tomorrow. :)

dZ.

Definitely some rust ... started out getting hammered then picked up speed until that bloody ghost got me with 1 present to go and NO snow flakes to help :_(.

DZ, I had almost forgotten how fun this game and competition are ... thanks again for hosting!

Good to see some returning friends AND some new faces in the competition!

post-31049-0-74610000-1386098686_thumb.png

• Like 1

He's the best player of maze games I've ever seen.

Im very happy to see Oyama playing with us.

And he's Brazilian too!

Welcome my friend. I hope you enjoy this awesome Christmas game!

Wow! So, once Oyama gets a bit of practice, we're in for a spanking! :o

Don't forget to aim for the achievements! :)

-dZ.

By the way, everyone, don't forget to mention what name you would like to be shown in the leaderboard. The default will be your regular AtariAge screen-name.

So let me know if you have a different preference.

-dZ.

Since I played last year with Liduario, I think it's better to keep Liduario for Carol vs. World competitions.

Hmm... I just had a cup of a most delicious hot-cocoa! I was missing some marshmallows, but boy is this good! :)

I've been testing hot-cocoa mixes for a while to make sure I get a real good one for the prizes, and I think I finally have it. It'll definitely be a treat for the winners! :)

dZ.

P.S. I've been working on the leader board script and its almost done. I plan on updating the leader board tomorrow. Just know that all your scores have been noted!

• Like 1

Practice Makes Perfect Achievement

(Does Practice mode count for the other perfects such as Frozen "P" or should those be during the course of a game?)

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Practice Perfect.png

Great job!

"Practice Makes Perfect" is the only one that applies to Practice mode. :)

Practice Makes Perfect Achievement

(Does Practice mode count for the other perfects such as Frozen "P" or should those be during the course of a game?)

attachicon.gifPractice Perfect.png

P.S. I'll accept it this once, because the points match. However, you really should have submitted a picture of the "Perfect" message. ;)

-dZ.