IGNORED

Modded Light Sixer with built in speakers and Amp

Yurkie

I decided to build this modded Light Sixer to use with the Atari Vox without having to connect to an external set of speakers.

This console has amplifier and left and right speakers built in, along with pause and composite mods. No more original power supply for this unit. The power jack is changed to a modern 5.5mm 2.1mm barrel jack and is powered by a regulated 9V 2 Amp power supply. The stereo input can be used with or without the system being in use...great for listening to songs on my iphone (kind of wish I would have added a charging port)

All I have to do yet is paint the Volume knob and the bottom of the speakers black. I spent a tremendous amount of time planning and working on this system and decided those minor things could wait.

Pics:

1. Top of unit ( can see speakers down thru the grills

2. Underside showing right speaker ( opening slightly larger than magnet to avoid case rattle )

3. Underside showing left speaker ( opening slightly larger than magnet to avoid case rattle )

4. The back panel from left to right in picture : Audio input jack ( connect to Atari Vox or cell phone and listen to music) Volume knob ( turn all the way down counter-clockwise and it turns off Amplifier ) Single Composite Video and Stereo Audio ( true stereo, not dual mono ) Pause switch (also kills sound so no annoying noises when paused)

5. Atari Vox plugged in and connected to audio input and composite cable inserted.

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

post-23318-0-15447400-1386738840_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-28353900-1386738881_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-37514800-1386738997_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-98054800-1386739020_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-84127800-1386739065_thumb.jpg

• Like 3