IGNORED

Round 12 (final Round) of the 2013 Harmony Games: Space Rocks

Dan Iacovelli

The Twelfth and final Round of the 2013 Harmony Games is Space Rocks(I chosen the game since craftsmanmike has decided not to play)
Breif Description:While on a routine Stellar Cartography mission, UESC Rains experienced a malfunction and warped into an asteroid field in an unknown sector of space. Unable to get a bearing to safely warp out, the ship must blast the asteroids into smithereens to prevent imminent destruction. To make matters worse, the local inhabitants are xenophobic and have sent warships and Magna-Mines to eliminate the alien (that's you!) threat.

As the pilot of your ship you must maneuver instantly, rotating left, right and energizing your thrusters to avoid destruction. A direct hit on an asteroid with your laser cannon breaks it in two. A hit on one of these breaks it into two smaller asteroids, a final hit on a small asteroid destroys it completely. Your ship is equipped with a special defensive option to help you avoid collisions when the action gets intense!

Space Rocks is an impressive blending of the classic arcade games Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe, crafted for the Atari 2600 by Darrell Spice, Jr. If you're a fan of either arcade cabinet (or both!), you'll love Space Rocks! While Atari's version of Asteroids for the 2600 was passable at the time of its release, Space Rocks blasts far ahead of this early effort. Taking full advantage of the DPC+ mode in our Melody Board, Space Rocks pushes the Atari 2600 to its limits and offers a wide variety of gameplay options to keep you playing for years to come. The graphics, animations, and sound effects are well above what is typically experienced on the 2600.
(this game was originaly suguested by Spiceware when the harmony games started and since we started with space shooters figured we should end with one)

Use the following settings:
style: dosent matter (just changes the style to either solid or vector)
color: muliticolor
Level: Hard (yes we going make it tough for you)
Option: Hyperspace
Fricton: on
megaminds on
Bonus life at 20k

Normal ranking /scoring continues
(20 bonus pts if you reach 20k for the bonus life)
you can d/l the rom from here
(if your a few of the lucky people who brought cart you can play that as well)
This round and Season ends on jan 3rd 2014

Good Luck!!!

as always scores will only be updated on the webpage and AVC Forum(since I have no editing feature here)
(you can also post scores on the AVC Forum as well just follow the instructions posted on the harmony games web page)

any scores for Lead posted (for those who are not listed)
will now count as one point until Dec 31st then no more won't be accepted

• Like 1

Great, we have developers to beat! ;)

lid, even you don't beat them you still get high in ranks the most the developers can get in ranks

is 30 10 for high and 20 for getting the 20k extra life bonus.

so if you get below the high score you still get the ranks points bellow 10 (and if if you get the 20k bonus life you get 20 + the rank)

• Like 1

Maybe because I know the code and therefore may have an advantage over those who don't.

Not in this case (there are no hidden tricks), but in theory.

even if you did as I mentioned, the most ranking points you can get 30 and it wouldn't effect the ranks much since theres already others who played in other rounds a head of you.

if it wasn't the final round I would have said yes,but it wouldn't be counted in ranking.

Maybe because I know the code and therefore may have an advantage over those who don't.

Not in this case (there are no hidden tricks), but in theory.

Gamers are even worse. They abuse your code and try to break the game in pieces. lol

Seriously, good designed tricks should be discovered by gamers too.

Glitches, bugs or any non thought strategy will eventually emerge by gamers too.

That being said, I loved the fact I could play with Spiceware in many rounds during current Atari 2600 HSC!

I just don't want you to play that much... Programming is fun! no? ;)

• Like 1

Glitches, bugs or any non thought strategy will eventually emerge by gamers too.

Discovered a glitch last night - I got my first ship at 20K as expected, but then another arrived at 30K. It happened in the next game as well, so it appears to be consistent. I'll have to take a look at the code, but it'll be a while as I've got too much going on at the moment.

post-3056-0-26724200-1387031645_thumb.jpg

That being said, I loved the fact I could play with Spiceware in many rounds during current Atari 2600 HSC!

Thanks! Edited by SpiceWare
  • Like 1

Play a couple rounds of No Mans Land and Hard won't seem so Hard anymore :evil:

post-3056-0-16888200-1387208344_thumb.png

At menu, press FIRE on both joysticks to display the Credits screen:

post-3056-0-05693900-1387208350_thumb.png

On the credits screen press UP on both joysticks to activate No Mans Land. Screen will turn RED.

post-3056-0-95246200-1387208355_thumb.png

Hit SELECT or RESET to exit Credits screen, then start game like normal.

To deactivate No Mans Land, return to the credits screen and press DOWN on both joysticks.

• Like 2