IGNORED

Prioritizing my new collection- where do I start?

dubxcube

Hey everyone. Relatively new here, but am enjoying these forums so much.

Gotta question on building up my homebrew collection. I'd love to just buy all the games listed, but I need to pace myself financially. At best I'll be buying one or two at a month. Does anyone have suggestions as to which ones I should get first, so as to not miss out on one that may sell out. (For instance.. I'd be bummed to buy "Dungeon" first and find out "Cave In" sold out before I got to it)

I just want to make sure I don't miss out on limited run opportunities from here on out. (Would have love Princess Rescue, Boulder Dash, and EMR, but was very late to the game. I'll eventually dig into ebay for those, when there's time between new releases to build funds)

Thoughts? I'm a bit of a "completist" so I'm starting with CIB games first...

(FYI- just got my first homebrew this week... Halo 2600)

Hey everyone. Relatively new here, but am enjoying these forums so much.

Gotta question on building up my homebrew collection. I'd love to just buy all the games listed, but I need to pace myself financially. At best I'll be buying one or two at a month. Does anyone have suggestions as to which ones I should get first, so as to not miss out on one that may sell out. (For instance.. I'd be bummed to buy "Dungeon" first and find out "Cave In" sold out before I got to it)

I just want to make sure I don't miss out on limited run opportunities from here on out. (Would have love Princess Rescue, Boulder Dash, and EMR, but was very late to the game. I'll eventually dig into ebay for those, when there's time between new releases to build funds)

You're in luck. Most of the homebrews in The Atari Age store are not limited and you can take as long as needed to buy them. If they are it will be noted when you click on a homebrew

The boxes on new releases are often limited, so if that's your priority, then at the rate you are talking about buying games, that will probably mean you are mostly buying the latest releases as they come out. There is nothing wrong with that.

However, I would recommend you instead go first for the games that you think you will enjoy the most. Lady Bug, for example, is a fantastic game. So are Medieval Madness, Pac-Man 4k, and Juno First.

I am a completist, also, so I get where you are coming from, but the games I value the most are the ones I most enjoy playing.