IGNORED

TechnoVision NTSC ROMs, Manuals?

Psionic

I know there are a few different NTSC versions of these ROMs floating around (some from pirate sources, and others converted by TJ). Can someone please direct me to the best (i.e. most stable) conversions of these games, or just post them here?

The version of Nuts I have seems to be okay, but Pharaoh's Curse has the TechnoVision logo chopped off the bottom of the TV screen, and I don't seem to have Save Our Ship in any form.

Also, any luck with manuals for any of these? Surprisingly, there are no scans in the Atarimania database. I know these aren't exactly the easiest games to find in the world, but someone must own them complete. :?

Probably Pharaoh's Curse could be hacked better. But that would require going deeper into the code, since the very high kernel is the problem.

I just didn't have to motivation to invest that much time into this game. For those who are, the configuration file is attached.

Pharaoh.zip

Probably Pharaoh's Curse could be hacked better. But that would require going deeper into the code, since the very high kernel is the problem.

I just didn't have to motivation to invest that much time into this game. For those who are, the configuration file is attached.

It would be nice to see a better conversion, but I can certainly understand it's not exactly a priority.

How about Save Our Ship? Did you do a conversion of that one?

Here is a picture...

Yeah, I've seen a few pictures of what they look like, including this one which appears to be printed in English. But has anyone actually scanned any of them? I'm only interested if they're multi-lingual...I don't really need scans of Deutsch-only manuals.

That still doesn't answer my question, hence why I asked in the first place. Why not just specify whether it was CPUWIZ or Marc Oberhauser who was selling them instead of saying that some were "sold at CGE" without identifying the seller? I wasn't there...it could have been anyone for all I know (Marc, Albert, one of the DP guys, etc).

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I'm the webmaster of the main resource for the CreatiVision, the console made by VTech (aka Video Technology and VTL), that's the manufacturer of Technovision games.

I recently came to know about the connection between Technovision and VTech. A few days ago I bought CreatiVision boxed games still sealed in shipper boxes, reading "Technovision" on them.

From further investigation here on the Atariage forum, I noticed that Technovision game boxes have the same size as CreatiVision game boxes, as well as manuals. And they even share the same "Instructions in German" sticker on the boxes for German releases. Impressive!

I'm willing to share all the information in my possession with you.

What I really need is pictures and information such as codes printed on manuals, boxes, cartridge PCB's, etc., scans of promo flyers, etc...

I have a quite detailed database of VTech releases, but many items are still missing.

Let's join our efforts to solve the puzzle of Technovision and VTech releases. :)

Please contact me via PM or via my website: http://www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/

• 6 months later...

Hello again.

I am still waiting to get any information on Techovision games, especially the codes printed on the last page of each manual (starting with 91-) and on the box internal flaps (starting with 90-).

If anyone out there has any boxed games by Technovision, please drop me a line. I am trying to complete the database of VTech releases.

Thanks in advance :)

Here is my contribution to solve your puzzle. I hope the piece fits.

Nuts
90-0140-00 internal flap
91-0147-00 english manual
91-0147-01 german manual

Pharaos Curse
90-0142-00 internal flap
91-0149-00 english manual
91-0149-01 german manual

Save our Ship
90-0141-00 internal flap
91-0148-00 english manual
91-0148-01 german manual

Are you interested in seeing pictures of the boxes and carts, then look over here.

http://www.atariboxed.com/index.php?go=output&dir=DESC&rows_per_page=50&select_company=101

If you have additional informations for me, i'd appreciate a PM.

Edited by Schitti

Thanks much for the precious information!

I need a few additional pieces of information:

- About the boxes. The code printed on the flaps always ends with -00, this means that it's the very first version of the box.

I see 2 box variations per game on the "Atariboxed" website.

Which version is the one with -00? I suppose it's the standard cardboard version, similar to the CreatiVision game boxes.

- About the manuals. Do both the English and German manuals have the "© 1983 VTech/VTL" copyright notice on the last page? Or do the German manuals have a different company name credited there, or a different year (for example 1984) ?

- Are the German manuals included in the "standard cardboard box" with the additional white/red sticker reading "German manual inside", which is also in common with the CreatiVision game boxes ?

- One last question: is the © printed on boxes and manuals always set to 1983, or are there any items reading 1984?

@ Schitti: which information do you need? I would gladly help. Thanks very much for your precious help!

Edited by MADrigal

The Cardboard boxes are with the -00 on the flap (the others have no numbers and no copyright)

The (as we listed) Family Video Series was a run especially for video rental (business).
They have a specially for these little boxes printed little Cover on glossy paper and were even shipped with a replacement label, probably because of the wear at the rental.
(all with only german manual inside)

i am not sure if a video rental Save our Ship box exist. i have never seen one.

here are the copyright informations from the manuals

Save our Ship
english manual © 1983 VTL. MADE IN HONG KONG

Nuts
german manual © 1983 VTL MADE IN HONG KONG

Pharao
english manual MADE IN HONG KONG (no copyright)
german manual © 1983 VTL MADE IN HONG KONG

the german manuals are in the boxes with the white/red sticker reading "German manual inside".
none of the boxes has the year 1984 on the backside.

i can double check the informations in the next few days, if i have more time. i will report back, if i have new/other informations for you

Edited by Schitti

The information provided is more than enough for my purpose :)

According to the data in my possession, in 1983 VTech released the following items ordered by their release date:

VZ 200 (Computer)
Nuts (Technovision game)
Save Our Ship (Technovision game)
Pharaoh's Curse (Technovision game)
Music Maker (CreatiVision game)
Soccer (CreatiVision game)
Joysticks (for the Laser 2001 computer)
Laser 110 (Computer)
Music Maker (CreatiVision game, Funvision variant)
Soccer (CreatiVision game, Funvision variant)
CreatiVision MK-2 (Console)
Chopper Rescue (CreatiVision game)
Super Soccer (Tri-Screen electronic game)
Locomotive (CreatiVision game)

Backgammon Master (electronic game)
Chess Master (electronic game)
Gamate 3D + Formula 500 (electronic game prototype)

The list is all but complete.

• 5 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested in Technovision stuff...

I have recently put my hands on a few cartridge shipping boxes, each originally containing 4 cartridges.

They are labeled "Technovision", and there's a marker line on the printing.

They were made to store 4 Technovision games, but were then used to store CreatiVision games. In fact, Technovision and CreatiVision games boxes have the same size - they were both made by VTech.

Picture here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229679-my-collection-on-sale-part-1-atari-intellivision-colecovision/