IGNORED

Space Patrol ROM?

DoctorTom

Very nice, love this game. So what is the difference between teaser and full rom?

The teaser plays through a single planet, I believe. The full ROM has all planets and all boards, and I believe it has other challenges.

P.S. If you liked that game, check out Left Turn Only's second game: Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost Of Christmas Presents. That one is available for purchase with a box, cart, and all--and also the full ROM is available for free download.

Plus, we're having a high score competition through the Holidays, for real prizes. There's just about a week left, but everyone's welcomed to post a score!

Come check us out at the Intellivision HSC thread. :)

-dZ.

Disclaimer: Christmas Carol is my game, I programmed it. Sorry for the plug, but it is a pretty good game, if I may say so myself. :)

Edited by DZ-Jay

Christmas Carol is oustanding, and I thank you for releasing the ROM to go along with the cart I already owned.

I would love to see the full Space Patrol ROM released, as was promised; it is probably my favorite Intelly game. I did support the game on cart, as well, but I have a very quirky Intelly and am not very fond of the controllers, as everyone knows; I'd like to play it on the Wii emulator very much.

Edited by DoctorTom

Christmas Carol is oustanding, and I thank you for releasing the ROM to go along with the cart I already owned.

I would love to see the full Space Patrol ROM released, as was promised; it is probably my favorite Intelly game. I did support the game on cart, as well, but I have a very quirky Intelly and am not very fond of the controllers, as everyone knows; I'd like to play it on the Wii emulator very much.

How is Christmas Carol on the Wii? Do you use the Gamepad Pro?

I have the Wii and I think I will try Christmas Carol in this great, often neglected, modern system!

A different type of controller is what pushed me to Wii. Intellivision 'new' controller had the same effect on me... :)

I just tested the gampad and it is much more difficult to control than the disc!

I have possibly never disagreed more with a statement in my entire life than this one.

The Wiimote, classic controller, and even the nunchuk is markedly preferable to the Intelly disc -- for ANY game.

Edited by DoctorTom

• 2 months later...

Dear Left Turn Only,

Well I have an idea. A lot of us who have come into the scene since Space Patrol was released are ready for a little more gameplay on Space Patrol.

Looks like there won't be an option to buy the full rom image, which I understand.

Also looks like due to time constraints there will not be a cartridge run in the near future.

So how about a compromise:

Take the teaser rom image and just make it where it automatically plays through the teaser levels without having to select the next level. When you finish A-J of the Moon, you move on to the next difficult planet (Mars I believe) and play that A-J. And so on till you finish all the beginner levels, then it automatically moves on to the challenger levels, starting again with the Moon and going forward.

It's just I want to sit down to a good game and well I'm kinda creaming the teaser levels and a teaser game is just not long enough anymore. I start to get into a game as I unwind after a day at work and before I know it I'm through one set of teaser levels. :(

So any chance we could get a auto-play teaser rom as a hold over till the full version can be released again in some form or fashion?

Thanks, Doc Clu

I haven't released the full Space Patrol game as a ROM yet, I know. I do still plan to.

I'm actually working on another Intellivision project right now (not Space Patrol related), but when that's wrapped up, I'll be able to focus back on Space Patrol. I do want to make one last batch of CIB Space Patrols available, and once that sells out, make the ROM available.

The last couple years have been a bit, erm, interesting at work, and that's kept me from my Intellivision stuff. I do have something very interesting coming though. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

• Like 5

I haven't released the full Space Patrol game as a ROM yet, I know. I do still plan to.

I'm actually working on another Intellivision project right now (not Space Patrol related), but when that's wrapped up, I'll be able to focus back on Space Patrol. I do want to make one last batch of CIB Space Patrols available, and once that sells out, make the ROM available.

The last couple years have been a bit, erm, interesting at work, and that's kept me from my Intellivision stuff. I do have something very interesting coming though. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Gaaaah! Can you please give us a hint? (Other than "not Space Patrol") or a pic of the box, overlays and manual? :)

x% of it, where 0 < x ≤ 100.

I said at least part. That could mean the whole thing! Or just the smallest piece!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I remember that equation from my Calculus classes 1000 years ago....let me get my old textbooks. I know I can solve for X

It's just I want to sit down to a good game and well I'm kinda creaming the teaser levels and a teaser game is just not long enough anymore. I start to get into a game as I unwind after a day at work and before I know it I'm through one set of teaser levels. :(

IntvNut, as you can see above I understand what you mean about work. That is why I appreciated all the help you gave in helping me with the Intellivision terminal program when we managed to get the Intellivision to call a BBS (Computer Bulletin Board System) and get on the #Atari IRC (chat room) over a modem. It is also why I suggested an alternative on the Space Patrol Teaser since I know time is scarce for you.

Edited by doctorclu

Well, the first letter of its name is "L".

Attached is a redacted title screen. ;-)

It's the much anticipated TRON Solar Sailor, programmed by LTO! YAY!

So, is it a ship simulator, or hmmm... a port simulator?

:rolling: