IGNORED

10 Best Activision games for Atari 2600

Metal Jesus

I think there was a thread about someone opening a factory sealed activision game that still had actiplaque on it, unless I'm imagining it. And yes, it's weird I also have some blue label versions that look almost perfect, if not completely perfect.

Yeah... a little war-torn perhaps, but nary a grease blob in sight! :D

post-27528-0-01475500-1388417654_thumb.jpeg

I hear you on the Activision 2600 cartridge label art.

What really cheeses me off is when stores like Dimple proceed to slap their price tags on top of the Activision [or Atari] labels which totally screws them up if you intend to remove them. Is it so hard just to put the price tag on any other part of the cartridge that doesn't have any labeling or artwork? Sheesh.

Wow, Dimple Records! I haven't thought about that store in years. I used to go there every time I was in the Sacramento area (was it in Roseville?). Is it still around? I remember them carrying all sorts of music memorabilia like vintage posters, buttons and magazines like Kerrang! I'm sure some of my Atari cartridge collection is from there. They had so many games at one time. I think I remember their games not being that cheap, but I'd splurge if they had something I didn't have.

Decided to give this a shot:

1. Pitfall

2. Enduro

3. HERO

4. Starmaster

5. Beamrider

6. Stampede

7. Pitfall II

8. Kaboom

9. Kung Fu Master

10. River Raid

So many other great games like Chopper Command, Keystone Kapers, Spider Fighter, Megamania, Robot Tank and others make it a tough call on a top 10, so I tried to base my list off the games I actually play.

If you are talking two players, this list might change as Fishing Derby, Boxing, Ice Hockey, Tennis, Oink, and Drag Racing are a blast going head-to-head with someone.

Keep the videos coming.

Excellent video as always.

My Activision collection isn't all that complete, but I think my top favorite is Keystone Capers. I have HERO for both the 2600 and A8 but I never really gave them a good play.

If I had to make a list:

1. Keystone Kapers

2. River Raid

3. Pitfall II

4. Frostbite

5. Robot Tank

6. HERO (this would probably be higher if I played it more)

7. Stampede

Anybody here like the Bridge game? Or Cosmic Commuter?

I like Cosmic Commuter. It is fun, different, and one that I play somewhat regularly. In thinking about it, I would put it at about 25th on my list, which is a testament to how many playable games Activision made.

Trouble is it's not very exciting. Interesting, but not exciting. It's not one of those addictive games where the action gets fast and furious as time goes on. You are a bus driver in space -- kinda like Space Shuttle for dummies.

My top 5 worst:

1. Barnstorming (snoopy would like it)

2. Private Eye (get the map out)

3. Freeway (a timed game based on traffic??)

4. Spider Fighter (way too easy for me)

5. Laser Blast (too simplistic and minimal)

That is odd... Barnstorming and private eye are both one of my all time favorites.

Stampede is also very nice, so we agree about that one :)