IGNORED

HSC Season 2 ~ SILVER Medal Bracket ~ Medal Bracket Challenge

Vocelli

That's pretty awesome, Botbird! It looks like an almost perfect game is needed to come out ahead in this.

Meanwhile, I think I have found a pixel to stand on that gives me a reasonable chance for a strike. Current high is 475. Problem is that I don't have a good way to time the curveball. The sound is helpful, but sometimes - maybe once in every 5 throws - it is off. That may be due to emulation. I am unfortunately far away from my console this time, so I can't verify if that happens on the real thing as well.

well that frees me up for the rest of the season...Congrats Spiceware you are the better man

Thanks, though I do hate to see you throw in the towel so soon. Are you able to play this on real hardware? I find I'm much better at these twitch games when I'm using the Atari.

Edited by SpiceWare

For a while, I considered a tactical approach and wait with posting this one - to lull you into a false sense of security, Botbird.

But then I thought "What the hell". Let's have an open fight and go for a perfect game. My best score so far (achieved yesterday): 293 + 289 = 582. 22 strikes out of 24 throws. So close!

The magic number 600 very much in reach, but 24 pixel perfect throws in a row is hardcore. I'm happy that I am playing on an emulator right now. The wear and tear of the Game Reset switch on my JR console would be too much to bear. I already fear for the Escape and F2 keys on my Laptop...

post-34656-0-49992300-1389178729_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1

It happened out of nothing - totally unexpected. After several long sessions of not getting "into the zone" at all, I fired up the emulator one more time for a quick game in between. Normally, I need a few games to find the timing, but this time, it just fell into place.

@ Vocelli: Shaken like a leaf? That would be the mother of all understatements. My heart was beating so hard during the last two throws, if you'd have given me a real bowling ball at this point, I would have been a serious danger to myself and my surroundings.

@ Botbird: Your turn now. Since you seem to have a better feel for the timing (you scored very high much earlier than I), I'm sure you can make it to 600 way more easily than I did. If I understand correctly, in case of a tie, both players advance to the next round.

I was on my way to single-handedly get Bowling into the 1000-minute club of AA's gameplay tracker statistics. I am happy that I didn't have to. If anyone ever catches me playing THIS game again - please, please shoot me.

post-34656-0-69956200-1389346222_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 11

WOW ! Karo!

Just wow!

TWO 300 games on the same screen!

You must have been jumping and screaming with excitement!

Honestly, it was more a wall-shaking sigh of relief. I was just glad the chore was finally over. You have no idea how sick I am of this game :-D

Edited by karokoenig

It happened out of nothing - totally unexpected. After several long sessions of not getting "into the zone" at all, I fired up the emulator one more time for a quick game in between. Normally, I need a few games to find the timing, but this time, it just fell into place.

I think you should change your avi to that screen shot! Maybe even your user name: Mr. 300!

• Like 3

Thanks for the info, Vocelli. Let's get this going with a slight improvement over my Spider Droid score from back in the season: 6,934. Like this game, but I'm not sure if I can be any danger to you, Spiceware. I also have a very bad feeling about Space Invaders...

Don't sell yourself short - you did quite a bit better at Gyruss.

Gyruss - 153,500

post-3056-0-54412700-1389658062_thumb.jpg

Spider Droid - 5797

post-3056-0-35265200-1389658056_thumb.jpg

Space Invaders 3140

post-3056-0-32310500-1389658069_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

...and you doubled your Gyruss score compared to the season. Impressive work, SpiceWare! I was about to proudly post an improvement in Spider Droid: 7,866, when I saw your 13k score :-).

I think any score above 3k in Space Invaders is pretty much impossible for me. That game and I are just not made for each other. I have a feeling that getting into a flow in Spider Droid might be possible, if I find enough time to try. But your 13k are huge. I will have a bit of time during the weekend, so don't feel too safe yet :-). At the very least, I will try not to lose this one 0-3.