IGNORED

TI-99/4a Good Find or fluke?

Shinju

So I found this cart the other day, I don't have my TI99 handy to test but I cannot seem to find any information about it.

It appears to be some sort of demo cart, maybe for a retail kiosk?

Let's hear some information!

Thanks in advance!post-34540-0-42091000-1388544904_thumb.jpgpost-34540-0-06986000-1388544920_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Definitely a cartridge intended for kiosk use--that is what the metal tab is for. There used to be a galvanized wire cable crimped to it that went to the kiosk cabinet to help keep the module from disappearing at inappropriate times. The cartridge is not too easy to find (uncommon, but not rare), and worth $10-$40 depending on who is looking for it at the time one is sold. The Digital Press Guide for the TI is seriously off-base when it comes to cartridge values. Some of them are OK, but most of them are either wrong or not present at all (I have one of the most extensive collections of TI carts out there, and have been keeping tabs on sales for about 20 years). The manual for this one is much harder to find than the cartridge is--it actually does categorize as rare. I have both the cartridge and the manual in my collection.

• Like 2

Ok, I will definitely need to keep an eye out for one of those Demo carts! It hasn't been overly hard to find TI-99/4a stuff in the wild around here, though there are definite dry spells. At one time I could find TI and C-64 stuff around here in abundance with maybe a bit of an edge to the TI computer. Must have been a dealer somewhere in my area years ago.