IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2014 (Season 7)

Amiga:

Premier Manager 1 - 279 min.

This is the game I've played for the longest amount of time ever. Since I bought it more than 20 years ago, I've spent countless nights and weekends playing it, often in four player mode to easier be able to trade players. I once downloaded a demo of PM2 but didn't get into it, although reviews says the follow-up is better than the first installment (and PM3 again is weaker). Also I never looked into Championship Manager or any modern online manager game, I rather sticked to PM1 and perhaps Soccer Boss on the C64. Yes, I played Kevin Toms' original Football Manager too, but I think it is much too primitive for its reputation.

C64:

Salamander - 26 min.

A while ago, I completed the first level for what I can remember was the first time ever. On the second level, it surprised me by shifting from horizontal to vertical scrolling, and WOW! what a game once you have lots of power-ups! In particular when the screen suddenly flashes in light green and white, I get very strong feelings of a true arcade game.

Famicom:

Flipull - 24 min.

MSX:

Hyper Rally - 8 min.

Sky Jaguar - 19 min.

Unfortunately, I can't say WOW about Sky Jaguar anymore. When I was 13 years old, I thought it was a neat shoot'em up, but perhaps I didn't pay attention to the blocky moving screen. I am fully aware this is a technical limitation of the VDP, although modern programmers of MSX, ColecoVision, TI-99 etc have somewhat overcome this with careful planning of colour resolution.

VIC-20:

Fourth Encounter - 5 min.

Frogger '07 - 5 min.

I will have to try C64 Salamander this week. :)

• Like 1

5200-

Mario Bros.- 3hrs 50min

RS-1 (handheld 152-in-1)

Mario Bros.- 40min

1942- 10min

This handheld unit seems to use the old NES/Famicom roms for its' built-in games. At only $17 shipped, it was a great deal and has solid play. :)

post-25215-0-80897300-1390185759_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

^Interesting, it does indeed look to be an NES emulator. I'll count it under the NES. :)

Meanwhile, my times for the week:

NES:
Exodus - 154 min.
Genesis:
Rampart - 113 min.
Sampras Tennis '96 - 288 min.
Traysia - 335 min.
Sega CD:
Heart of the Alien - 128 min.
Jurassic Park - 58 min.
Beat Heart of the Alien and Traysia, and also beat the easier difficulty mode in Sampras Tennis '96. Otherwise my fiancée and I started checking out Jurassic Park; I started playing the religious NES game Exodus (a rehash of Crystal Mines) and beat the first 15+ levels; and Rampart once again proved just out of reach, as twice more I failed to beat Easy difficulty.
BTW Kurt Woloch, sorry to hear that your mother is unwell. :(
  • Like 3

Finished our 50 game season on Baseball Stars (NES) and started a new one with a brand new team...

Baseball Stars - NES - 165 minutes

Also...

Turbo Grafx

20 minutes - Galaga '90

5 minutes - Power League

5 minutes - Power League II

5 minutes - Power League III

5 minutes - Power League IV

5 minutes - Power League V

5 minutes - Power League '93

We limited ourselves to 5 minutes per game.

• Like 3

Sorry, I made a mistake when posting the times yesterday for the past week. The 41 minutes I posted for Space Firebird should actually be distributed among three arcade games, as follows:

Arcade:

Space Firebird - 26 min.

Mario Bros. - 10 min.

Scramble - 4 min.

Mario Bros. and Scramble were only played for a single game each, where the one for Mario Bros. lasted surprisingly long, and I got extra lives each 20,000 points which I don't remember happening... I thought it was only a single extra life at 20,000. I played Scramble to compare it to the recently released TI-Scramble which I've played several times over the last months.

• Like 2

Here's the summary for Week 3, running from January 13 - 19. We logged 4211 minutes of eligible play, playing 63 games on a total of 21 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 705

2. Baseball Stars (NES/Famicom) - 450

3. Bust-A-Move Pocket (Neo Geo Pocket Color) - 360

4. Traysia (Genesis) - 335

5. Sampras Tennis '96 (Genesis) - 288

6. Premier Manager 1 (Amiga) - 279

7. Mario Bros. (Atari 5200) - 230

8. Exodus (NES/Famicom) - 154

9. Heart of the Alien (Sega CD) - 128

10. Rampart (Genesis) - 113

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 705

2. Mario Bros. (Atari 5200) - 230

3. Spiderdroid (Atari 2600) - 90

4. Crazy Brix (Atari 7800) - 60

5. Gyruss (Atari 2600) - 52

6. Donkey Kong Arcade (Atari 2600) - 45

6. Astro Blaster (Atari 7800) - 45

8. Ghost N Zombies (ColecoVision) - 30

9. Space Firebird (Arcade) - 26

9. Salamander (C64) - 26

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (942)

2. Genesis (736)

3. NES/Famicom (728)

4. Neo Geo Pocket Color (375)

5. Amiga (279)

6. Atari 5200 (230)

7. Sega CD (186)

8. Atari 7800 (185)

9. Neo Geo CD (90)

9. PlayStation (90)

One of our biggest weeks in some time on every front, with lots of systems in the mix, and new and returning posters back aboard! But in the end, our heaviest hitter takes the top spot across the charts, while the #2 spot goes to a different platform on each chart.

• Like 2

Trying to stick with one of my 2014 goals to play and enjoy more of my games...

Baseball Stars (NES) - 52 minutes

My 8 year old and I finished our latest season and started another. Each time we win the pennant, we start a new season with a brand new team and only keep the strongest teams in the new league. We're slowly replacing all of the SNK teams with teams that we've created. Obviously it gets harder and harder to win when it's early in the season, our team is new (weak) and there aren't any easy games. If you don't win, you can't upgrade your team. We took a 12-4 beating from the American Dreams tonight.

Dungeon Explorer (TG16) - 12 minutes

I had forgotten that this game is similar to Gauntlet in several aspects. I only played solo tonight but it looks like this game could really be fun if you had 5 people that were into it.

• Like 2

Baseball Stars (NES) - 24 minutes

Another win as beat the Brave Warriors 4-3. 5-2 record overall

I have Little League Baseball. We'll have to give that a turn soon. Does it also track stats and show he league leaders? My son is really into tracking his guys.

• Like 2

Baseball Stars (NES) - 168 minutes

We played two games last night and lost both in extra innings to teams that we created (Baseball Bunch and Stadium Dogs) and won the pennant with in the past rwo seasons. That dropped our record to 5-4. We took advantage of all the snow today to play all five other teams in our league. Today was a good day as we won all 5. We're sitting in 3rd place at 9-4.

• Like 3

Atari 8-bit:
Mogul Maniac - 18 min.
Satan's Hollow - 4 min.

I got inspired by all the downhill skiing on TV, so I decided to play some shoot'em up... err, no. I wonder how hard it is to find a joyboard?

C64:
Foxx Fights Back - 18 min.
International Tennis (Zeppelin) - 13 min.

Wizard of Wor - 16 min.

In the past week, we ran a series of game cover quizzes in a FB group, and one of those featured Foxx Fights Back, a game I previously had not played. Decent fun for about 15 minutes, but not something that would keep me hooked for a long while. I also tried a few rounds of tennis, but even at easy level can't win a single game.

Famicom:
Flipull - 18 min.

Genesis:
FIFA International Soccer - 42 min.

I picked up this game at goodwill the other week, and had a play through. In the first game, Sweden won vs Hong Kong 5-2, then lost to USA 1-3 and to Norway 2-3 on extra time. I suppose this game is better than World Cup '90 (which is the other football game I have for the 16-bit Sega) but perhaps there are even better games in the library.

Tandy MC-10:
Flipull - 50 min.
Frogger - 2 min.
Tetris - 33 min

Jim Gerrie about a week ago asked for suggestions for his next MC-10 game. I told him about Flipull, and promptly he has delivered a really playable port in BASIC. Of course the graphics are very blocky as the MC-10 doesn't support custom graphics from BASIC on an unexpanded machine, but in this case it doesn't really disturb the gameplay. I also ran some more of Greg Dionne's 16K Tetris which despite its noisy samples and horrendous colour combinations is rather good.

VIC-20:
Clowns - 16 min.
Gridder - 57 min.

In an attempt to break my big brother's almost 30 year old family record, I played Gridder over and over but never got really close. I tried to determine whether it is beneficient to lose lives instead of being hunted all over the grid, as the counter is restored to 3 lives on every new level and there is a timer counting down for bonus, but I'm unsure where the tradeoff is.

Windows 95/98:
Worms 2 - 84 min.

• Like 2

My times for this week are easy to recall:

Atari 2600:

Donkey Kong: 5 min

Kampf um die Schatzinsel (aka Treasure Discovery): 6 min

Spider Droid: 15 min

Carlsson, when you are inspired by all the skiing, why not join the Atari 2600 Winter Olympic Tournament here on AA? I believe there's even room in Team Sweden.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (January 20th through 26th)...

Commodore 64:

Tour de France - 62 min.

TI-99:

Road Hunter - 26 min. in 2 sessions

This week I played two overhead view racing games with smooth scrolling. Tour de France has got a unique scrolling system which scrolls in all directions. I'm trying to find out how it actually works since the track segments seem to repeat after a while.

Road Hunter is the newest homebrew work of TI-99 coder Rasmus. It's somewhat similar to Road Fighter and, to a lesser degree, Spy Hunter. It beats Munch Mobile, which I've recently played, in many ways, most of all in the smooth scrolling (while Munch Mobile does about 6 FPS at best). Actually, I played two different versions of it because over the course of the week, another version got released.

• Like 2