IGNORED

Any interest in SC1224 monitor for cost of shipping?

wood_jl

First off, I have offered this to somebody whom I yet knoweth not whether they are interested, and with shipping being a hairy prospect on a CRT they may not be.

Secondly, there is an issue with this, but it's probably not major.

In going through my storage room of many systems (etc) I decided I have too many monitors and too little room. I decided to sell this one. The problem is that the thumb-wheels for the brightness and contrast are seized up. (1) They appear sufficiently turned-up to have a nice picture, (2) the volume thumb-wheel works fine, for some reason. I don't know if this is a common problem.

Other than that, it works great. I was going to Ebay because I see they sometimes bring some bucks and people are willing to pay the shipping on top of it, but I can't in honesty sell something that I know is not tip-top. There's a good chance someone here is technical and can free the thumbwheels, or, it does work rather well as-is.

Cosmetically, very clean! There is some yellowing, but it's mostly confined to the back. Pictures in good sunlight tell the tale. There's a little bit of residue on the left side from 2-sided foam tape that held a document clamp at some time in the past. But it looks really clean from the front and it looks very nice set up behind an ST. Pics to follow, so judge for yourself. Before anybody gets too excited, this could cost $40-ish to ship? More if you're farther? Less if you're really closer? I'm in West Tennessee so this might be a good deal for someone in a neighboring state. If you're an electronics man, even better! Just don't expect $10, or you clearly haven't shipped a CRT monitor in your day. I'm going to pack it up and measure and weigh it tomorrow.

I'm going to donate the time to pack this sufficiently (I've shipped a few small CRTs in my day) so that it doesn't break, or the efforts and shipping money are wasted. This is no small task, so there's nothing in this for me, but I thought someone else could use it about as bad as I could use the extra space. This is the 3rd version SC1224 and I think it is made by Samsung.

Please leave a message in this thread to establish any interest. And now, some pics..... (click to enlarge)

post-16281-0-44389100-1388736799_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-14770900-1388737055_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-39842400-1388737327_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-45758800-1388737335_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-96290000-1388737342_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-80872200-1388737357_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-52857500-1388737364_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-47278100-1388737373_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-16170600-1388737382_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-91215400-1388737389_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-59562600-1388737397_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-38903100-1388737408_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-39881400-1388737417_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sir, don't you think you've had enough monitors? I think we're going to have to cut you off. ;-)

Seriously, I don't think anyone want to see something bad happen to this so I'm sure someone would be willing to give it a home. I currently have both color and monochrome but it would be nice to have backups just in case.

Sir, don't you think you've had enough monitors? I think we're going to have to cut you off. ;-)

Seriously, I don't think anyone want to see something bad happen to this so I'm sure someone would be willing to give it a home. I currently have both color and monochrome but it would be nice to have backups just in case.

D'oh! you beat me to the punch!

I think this will work with a VBXE, but it depends upon (of course) the connector. Some people are against putting the ST connector (which this monitor will plug into) on their Atari8. I'm guessing they go with an Amiga connector, instead?????

Official Ninja: I think you're up. But the box I had picked out just isn't big enough. By the time I put a couple inches of packing on one side, the other was up against the cardboard. There's no point in this maneuver if the packing is insufficient.

I think I have a JVC monitor box that this will fit in, and I am going to go to the storage and get it tomorrow (Saturday).

I'll be back!

I think this will work with a VBXE, but it depends upon (of course) the connector. Some people are against putting the ST connector (which this monitor will plug into) on their Atari8. I'm guessing they go with an Amiga connector, instead?????

Official Ninja: I think you're up. But the box I had picked out just isn't big enough. By the time I put a couple inches of packing on one side, the other was up against the cardboard. There's no point in this maneuver if the packing is insufficient.

I think I have a JVC monitor box that this will fit in, and I am going to go to the storage and get it tomorrow (Saturday).

I'll be back!

Ok, Let me know. Seems like Walter_J64bit needs it though. Let him have 1st grabs at it.

:thumbsup:

A monitor like this is just one of several excellent reasons to use an ST connector for VBXE. :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I've got the monitor! It's in working order, I've not hooked up the Jag to it yet! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks wood_jl !

I have the same monitor with the same seized knobs and it's easily fixed. Just get some DeoxIT Fader F5 contact cleaner and lubricator. It will fix it. Don't use regular electronics contact cleaner.

I have the same monitor with the same seized knobs and it's easily fixed. Just get some DeoxIT Fader F5 contact cleaner and lubricator. It will fix it. Don't use regular electronics contact cleaner.

I'll have check that out, the seized knobs are a pain. Oh, by the way, this monitor doesn't play nice with my Jag, the screen is too dark. :?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...