IGNORED

MegaCart+ modification (3 wires + PLD magic)

CPUWIZ

Cool...So let me see if I understand this in more layman's terms.

Previously with the PIC you made it possible to cause external hardware (i.e. LED lights) to be controlled via the movement of joystick which of course created action on the screen, triggering of certain space/data within the programming code.

Now this new layer does all of the above action, plus has the ability for the external hardware (I.E. LED lights) to talk back to the program saying, "Hey, I'm flashing my light", or "Hey, I finished flashing my light."

Is that accurate (Hopefully at least partially...lol)?

Cool...So let me see if I understand this in more layman's terms.

Previously with the PIC you made it possible to cause external hardware (i.e. LED lights) to be controlled via the movement of joystick which of course created action on the screen, triggering of certain space/data within the programming code.

Now this new layer does all of the above action, plus has the ability for the external hardware (I.E. LED lights) to talk back to the program saying, "Hey, I'm flashing my light", or "Hey, I finished flashing my light."

Is that accurate (Hopefully at least partially...lol)?

Yes.

• Like 1

Loving that feature...Very nice and so cool!

Someone could technically/potentially build a (superior) "ROB" for the 7800 and have a (superior) "Gyromite"-"Stack-Up" (line of) game(s).

7800 Robot receives input/command, performs a physical function, and reports back to the game function is complete when done.

Oh, the untapped potential of the 7800 brought to you in-part by the genius that is CPUWIZ.

Oooo...I'm thinking some sort of external device/lights interacting with an Impossible Mission [iII] like game.

No, no, no...Better yet....I think we already have some ground-work covered or an idea of another path that could be followed for some ways to incorporate external device(s):
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212040-damn-i-wish-i-was-allowed-to-work-on-this/?do=findComment&comment=2748959

Can you tell, I'm just a tad excited about this development? :grin:

• Like 2

My daughter is named after the only human to ever fly and hotwire the TARDIS, so we have a pilot ready. Actually, she's met the actress who portrayed her too, so that probably should've triggered the Blinovitch Limitation Effect...

AtariFriend, love your mock up 2600 game as your avatar. There really should've been a Doctor Who game for the 2600/5200/7800/A8. Maybe the C64 version of Dalek Attack could be enhanced and converted...

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

Loving that feature...Very nice and so cool!

Someone could technically/potentially build a (superior) "ROB" for the 7800 and have a (superior) "Gyromite"-"Stack-Up" (line of) game(s).

7800 Robot receives input/command, performs a physical function, and reports back to the game function is complete when done.

Oh, the untapped potential of the 7800 brought to you in-part by the genius that is CPUWIZ.

Oooo...I'm thinking some sort of external device/lights interacting with an Impossible Mission [iII] like game.

No, no, no...Better yet....I think we already have some ground-work covered or an idea of another path that could be followed for some ways to incorporate external device(s):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212040-damn-i-wish-i-was-allowed-to-work-on-this/?do=findComment&comment=2748959

Can you tell, I'm just a tad excited about this development? :grin:

Appropriating a R.O.B. for 7800 home brew is justified since Nintendo appropriated the idea from Atari, Androbot, and Axlon...

Throwing in code for a Sony Aibo would probably fill CPU's cart design to the brim since it's more modern and current programmers care nor for compact coding...

However, CPU would definitely get some serious tech press if he added Bluetooth to one of his carts...

I'm surprised nobody seems to have done a video music/VLM for the 2600 or 7800 yet...

• 1 year later...

Bluetoothing the actions on another carts leds would be creepy..lol..

LOL, I was just reading this, because it pertained to a conversation with RevEng.

I could do that now, if both 7800's are close enough to each other. :lol:

• Like 1

LOL, I was just reading this, because it pertained to a conversation with RevEng.

I could do that now, if both 7800's are close enough to each other. :lol:

John Titor told me it would happen, you just didn't know it yet. That Titor, what a joker.