New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

405 replies to this topic

#401 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Stargunner

• 1,375 posts
  • videogamestores.net

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:30 AM

Did you even ask for a replacement before bashing the whole product this way?

BTW: Many people seem not to know how to remove a spring loaded MicroSD cart correctly. Instead of pushing, they pull the cart and easily break the tiny mechanics of the slot.

I've used SD cards for over a decade now. I know they push in and push out with a click. This one never did click right out of the package! I have tried several other SD cards in it thinking that it might be the card with no difference. For the price charged I expected better quality- that's all. Very disappointed and as I said cannot recommend to my readers.

Countless other people never had any issues with the "click" mechanism even after years of daily use. :roll:

That said, if he broke it by yanking the SD card instead of pressing down, then it isn't a warranty issue, it's user negligence. Perhaps read the manual next time! :mad:

Protip: Most broken stuff can be jury-rigged to make it work again. Masking tape over the card end will keep it from ejecting. :thumbsdown:

I wish I would have gotten "years of daily use" out of this, then I wouldn't be so aggravated. After years of reading online how great these are and then finally getting the money to buy one and it not performing as stated, I can understand the price drop now. 

#402 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 24,030 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:45 AM

I can understand that you are disappointed now. But IMO your reactions seem way over the top. And any generalizing about the device is completely unjustified.

Calm down and contact the seller, please. If the cart was DOA you will get a replacement for sure.

#403 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,885 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:50 PM

I've used SD cards for over a decade now. I know they push in and push out with a click. This one never did click right out of the package! I have tried several other SD cards in it thinking that it might be the card with no difference. For the price charged I expected better quality- that's all. Very disappointed and as I said cannot recommend to my readers.

I wish I would have gotten "years of daily use" out of this, then I wouldn't be so aggravated. After years of reading online how great these are and then finally getting the money to buy one and it not performing as stated, I can understand the price drop now. 

Hmm...sounds like you happened to have received a bad cart, but I'm sure the seller will take care of you.

I have two Harmony carts, an original that is several years old (purchased it used from Digital Press store) and a Harmony Encore that's about a year old now.  Both work as advertised and I can't tell you how many times I've removed the card to add a new ROM.  Just this week, I added the latest WIP's of Wizard of War and Aardvark to each one. :)

#404 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 3,131 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:36 PM

Concur with the others, it's a well made product.  If you bought it from Atari Age, you'll get a replacement I'm sure.  If you bought it from ebay or something "unofficial" they may have sold you a broken item.

#405 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Stargunner

• 1,375 posts
  • videogamestores.net

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:26 PM

Concur with the others, it's a well made product.  If you bought it from Atari Age, you'll get a replacement I'm sure.  If you bought it from ebay or something "unofficial" they may have sold you a broken item.

Came directly from Fred.

#406 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Stargunner

• 1,375 posts
  • videogamestores.net

Posted Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:32 AM

(I know it's been awhile...) 

UPDATE: Fred emailed me last night and will swap it out for me!!  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users