IGNORED

HSC11 Season 11 - Welcome - Info - Play List

Some nice ideas there, always nice to try some new games (sort of!) there's a few on the lists that I'll have to take a look at so I'll leave the suggestions open until Tuesday morning HSCers so be quick if there's anything you want to add!

Castle Crisis is fantastic 4 player, am sure it will be good in single player too.

Bluecat will be pleased you suggested Catterpiggle - another great game.

I'm thinking of bundling up a few multi options for the poll:

"Chopper Games" (Choplifter, HiJack...)

"Cavern Games" (not Cavern's of Mars I/II as we played them last season) Khafka is a real gem of a game but has no scoring if I remember correctly, but it will be fun to play. [i didn't; It does!]

"Captain Games" (Beeble, Sticky, Cosmic Tunnels....)

and add a "Winter Sports" option as a special round too - bet I'm not the only one watching this ;)

These would all be 3 week rounds to give time to play

[Captain Sticky's Gold (great game) looks like it has an NTSC issue: after getting some gold the fish go crazy and stop scrolling along -please can someone on real hardware play for a bit and let me know? ]

Three good games in the Captain category :thumbsup:

Was Zeppelin set in a cave? Although perhaps we should hold on to Zeppelin for 'Z'!

[Captain Sticky's Gold (great game) looks like it has an NTSC issue: after getting some gold the fish go crazy and stop scrolling along -please can someone on real hardware play for a bit and let me know? ]

I just downloaded Captain Sticky's Gold from Fandal.cz. I loaded it onto my AtariMax 8Mb Flashcart and then played it out on my NTSC 130XE and NTSC TV. I played a few games without trouble, though I never got past level 1. I picked up gold as described without incident. The fish never went "crazy" nor did they stop scrolling. This is the version that I tried:

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=1620

Let me know if you want me to test anything else on real NTSC hardware. I may not be good at videogames... but I sure do enjoy playing them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was Dan Strikes Back any good? Remember playing it as a kid but can't remember how good it was

Yes a reall good game, after a lot of play I did eventually "escape" from level 1, can't remember what happened though. We could double this up with it's forerunner Diamonds as a voting choice. Yes we're spoilt for choice for D games; my pick is the formidable Drol :)

Here are the 'D' games that I've had my eye on lately to play:

1. Da' Fuzz (1983) (Roklan Corp.) - Prototype
  2. Demon Attack (1982) (Imagic)
  3. Desmond's Dungeon (1984) (Sparklers)
  4. Diamond Mine (1983) (Roklan Corp.)
  5. Diamondz (2010) (Flop)
  6. Dig Dug (Atari) (1983) - Atari 5200 Version
  7. Dropzone (1984) (US Gold) - I recall the AtariAge forums have a fixed version, but I'm not sure what it fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see much I'm interested in for 'E'

Electrician is a great game but seems nearly impossible to complete. Perhaps it's time to have another go?!

Great game, that last stage is a real killer - think deteacher might be the only person who has beaten it?

I'm going to pick a wild one: The Eidolon - really needs a play and the HSC would be a great excuse to do it :)

The E vote will start around weds/thu next week :)

Time for those E Game suggestions EVERYONE ;)

Okay. Other than what's been mentioned, it seems like pickings in the 'E' area are pretty slim. How about these games (which are of unknown quality to me-- but I'm always up to try something new... to me, anyway):

1. The E Factor - By Cosmi (1983)
  2. Elevator Repairman - By Fred Caprilli (1985) [ANALOG Magazine Machine Language Type-In Program]
  3. Embargo - By Gebelli Software (1982)

I've played Elevator Repairman LONG ago, but I don't remember anything at all about it.

Has anyone heard of these or played them before?

E games -

I would love to play the Eidolon, but scoring that would be impossible :( (same with Eastern Front)

Elektra Glide is out unless we all play on PAL...

So that leaves...

• Electrician (which I think we played before)
  • Eliminator
  • Encounter (Love paul woakes stuff)

Maybe throw in Espial - I love to see those threads about how rare that game is.

Elevator Repair Man looks similar to Spy's Demise!

Encounter is superb and recentish abbuc game Electro Manic perhaps - it has a construction set so we could tweak any hard levels.

Also The Extirpator was fun :ponder:

The Eidolon can be scored by levels completed - we could allow the map to be used to make things easier - there was one in an Atari User magazine which also listed the gems required to defeat each creature :)

The letter "F" has plenty of games that I like! Here goes:

1. Frogger II: Threeedeep! - A great game that is really underated and seems to have been forgotten. This is just about as good as the original! I discovered this on the Atari 5200 when I started collecting in the 1990's and was so happy that there were home computer ports of it.
  2. Fantastic Voyage (1982)(Sirius Software) - My friend loves the VCS version of this game. I've always wanted to dedicate some time to this one.
  3. Frogger II (Sewer Level) (1984) (Parker Brothers) [unreleased] - Not complete a complete game (it's basically an early proof of concept). As a game for the contest this one can't be used... and yet, if you haven't seen this one then you should check it out. It's kind of like a long lost level.
  4. Flip and Flop (1983(First Star Software) - This reminds me of Q-Bert... with a twist!
  5. FaceMaker (1982)(Spinnaker Software) - An all-time favorite. What a brilliant game. It's for old and young alike. Just kidding! What the HECK. Is this for pre-schoolers?!
  6. Fast Eddie (1982)(Sirius Software) - I've not played it... but I want to try it based on this video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFlgg6xcY8
  7. Floyd of the Jungle (1983)(MicroProse) - This is among Sid Meier's first games. It's probably the most different from all his other games (meaning it's a straight arcade-type game)... and I really like it for that reason alone.
  8. Forbidden Forest (1983)(Cosmi) - I used to LOVE the C64 version. I'd like to see how it compares to that classic. I'm especially interested in hearing the music.
  9. Fidget (1986)(Americana) - A Marble Madness-type game. Any game of this "genre" (if it can be considered one) is a game that I'd like to look into more.

Some of these games are classics. Some would just to be fun to take a look at and explore around a bit. As always, playing any game for a score always makes me work just a bit harder to see what makes a game good.