IGNORED

HSC11 Season 11 - Welcome - Info - Play List

Mail Order Monsters mail_order_monsters.png

was a nice follow on to Archon II (well I thought so even if this was not official) the gripe with the game is the painful amount of disk swaps. The game itelf is great played 2 player with sort of advanced archon style fighting (from dinosaurs to Nuklear weaponry!). I remember randomly hacking the disk save with a sector editor and striking lucky and increasing my cash - then you can really build some souped-up creatures. Well worth checking out, if not for HSC play. Would be a nice one for a 1050 enh disk or 130XE extra RAM version to be made :thumbsup:

looks interesting Sikor, which are the best games?

I think, that we can try all with points - for example joust :P

O.K. My "M" suggestion:

1. Moon Patrol (Williams version, not Avalon Hill)

2. Mahna Małysz (http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2402)

3. Mario Bos

4. Misja/Mission Shark :P

5. Mini Snake (Reakl 16KB game compo - works with all Atari with Basic, also with Atari 400 :) ) Real16k_compo.ATR - please use your direction before start

6. Mouse Trap (by MicroValue)

7. mUSTAK hUNTERS http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=4930

8. Mirax Force

9. Miner 2049er (TRBB can't play this one :P )

10. Master Head - great clone of sokoban: http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2426

11.Megamania (some classic)

12. Mental Age (level reach)

13. Milk Race (I know, that it is terrible, but funny )

14. Missmind Sara (or Missmind Ania) - only for relax for real men :P

15. Monstrum - scrolled snake game

16. Mule Wars :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't see many 'N's that I know

Nuclear Nick looks ok

It's a nice game, and we've played Ghost Chaser, Beer Belly Burts and Ollies Follies so it's a sure thing to make the poll especailly as it's new to the HSC..I also like N.Y.C., Night Mission Pinball (probably as a bonus game), Ninja and Ninja Master and there's Nibbler of course :)

Lots of great 'N' games.

Necromancer - Three individual stages before advancing to the next level.

The planting trees while swatting the stealing bugs.

The dodge the claws while crushing the spider level.

The collect tombstones and avoid spiders level.

necromancer_atari_3.gif

Nautilus - I really have only played this two player. I have no idea how bad the computer is at trying to kill your sub.

nautilus_synapse_2.gif

the aforementioned

Nibbler - I remember lasting a long time on this one. I cannot remember how many levels before the maze repeats.

nibbler_3.gif

lots of Ninjas

ninja_3.gifninja_master_3.gifninja_commando.png

a half a dozen games I have never played before but don't look too questionable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's always bothered me that it's called Oil's Well. Anyone know why?

(Why it's named that way that is, not why it bothers me :) ).

I can't add anything to the list above except the Gamestar game called On-Track. I'm not sure how scoring would work in HSC though, but I remember enjoying it.

On-Track Computer Model Car RacingOn-Track Computer Model Car Racin

• 2 weeks later...

It's always bothered me that it's called Oil's Well. Anyone know why?

(Why it's named that way that is, not why it bothers me :) ).

Looks like there's no apostrophe on the title screen though there is one on the inlay but either way I guess it's a play on words between oil well and all's well (all is well) atarmania has the docs with the storyline about collecting crude oil deposits :)

Oxygene looks interesting, too.

Must remember that one for a 'space shooters' round next season :thumbsup:

Trbb, look here to speedmaza - ame, wchich I propose to play as bonus game, when wi'll play games on "S" letter (world premiere of this was yesterday):: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229756-stuff-from-wapniak-2014-party

Will check it (and the other games out) :thumbsup:

P game suggestions next everyone ;-)

Sikor do you really like Plastron? :-o:grin:

Sikor & McKong does Polar Pierre play ok on 1 player / have scoring ?

Fandal & Irgendwer's port of Perplexity is very good :)

perplexity.png

Yes it has single player, which has no time limit to finish the rounds unlike the 2 player version, and yes it includes scoring. I played it earlier and it's pretty good, the only thing that I used to think let it down was the seemingly random lightening strikes which take the skill out of playing some levels as getting hit seems to then be pot luck. That said I haven't played it very much so perhaps there is a pattern to the strikes or a way to avoid getting struck. Worth playing I think, not sure how many levels there are but the first 4 were different.

Having just read the instructions on Atari Mania, you can build your own levels too

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

Can i suggest no more than 2 games per round. We seem to be losing players over the past year or so.

I think it's just that summer time period; I've tried to promote things here over the last few years; people know we exist at least. Like always players can play any rounds or games they wish, it's only a bit of fun afterall. However there are a few of us who like a bit more of a challenge and play solely on the A8, so 1 game in a 2 week period is not enough for several gaming sessions. For me it's nice to have a few new ones to play along with some favourites. The current round is a great example as Oil's Well is fun but once you've got so far it doesn't keep you playing where as On-Track I had never played and am really enjoying trying it out, much more fun having some times to compete with too :)

P games poll on tomorrow... what! nobody's suggested that rotund jaundiced compulsive dot eating fellow? :-D

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...