ANNOUNCING!!
NEW UltiMulti Version 2.0 cart. This cart is like Version 1.5.2
with the following changes:
Still only $100.00 USD
163 unique programs
  • War by Riff-Raff games is added
  • Crazy Climber by Riff Raff games is added
  • The Original Blue Ram Utility has been added
  • A new RWB utility with a new command (CMPR) that compares 2 databases.
    The DIAG now checks All types of add on memory.
The text describing where to set switches for multiple loads has been fixed to be easier to understand.
This is going to be the last version of the UltiMulti carts. I will not produce any more after July 4, 2014.
I need to give special thanks to some people that made this cartridge possible...
  • Mike White who's Quarda program and Putt Golf, etc. plus all of his knowledge in making these carts possible.
  • Mike Garber (Riff-Raff Games) who's programs War and Crazy Climber helped make this cart unique.
  • Richard Degler who's programs and unrivaled knowledge of this system and it's machine language made it possible to make the RBW Utility possible.
  • The late Leroy Flamm who discovered how to make the original BASICcart and other refinements.
  • And lastly Adam Trionfo of ballyalley.com for his diligence in cross checking and finding errors as my Beta tester.
I still will reprogram older UM carts for $25.00+S&H.

Thanks, Ken Lill

• Like 2

Here is where you'll find pics of the UltiMulti Multicart. It's the older version, but it should look about the same:

http://www.ballyalley.com/pics/cartridge_pics/Carts_%28Multicarts%29/multicart_%28GaMBITS%29/multicart_%28GaMBITS%29.html

Here is the documentation for the older version of the multicart. The new version should be about the same:

http://www.ballyalley.com/documentation/multicarts/multicart_%28GaMBITS%29/multicart_%28GaMBITS%29.html

When "Crazy Climber" and "War" were for sale, each of those carts were $50 each. Michael Garber granted permission to put those two games onto the multicart, so it's like getting his two games plus all these additional ones for free. How can you lose?

The multicart contains all of the Astrocade released cartridge library and most of its prototypes plus many of other interesting bits. The carts that were released by Bally and Astrocade don't require extra RAM, but a handful of carts by third-party publishers did require it (Blue Ram BASIC, for example). Some games that were originally only released on tape have been modified to run as cartridges, and some of these "BASICarts" require extra RAM as well to work (even if the original game didn't need it).

The program listing for the last version of GaMBITS UltiMuli multicart is color-coded. Programs that require extra RAM are highlighted in purple. You can see the listing here:

http://www.ballyalley.com/documentation/multicarts/multicart_%28GaMBITS%29/UltiMulti_Version_1_5_1.pdf

Most people don't have extra RAM... so they won't be able to take advantage of these extra games. That's okay. Think of all the other games that you WILL be able to play.

As a user of the cartridge myself, I can attest that I don't really use any carts in my collection anymore except for AstroBASIC (which has the built-in tape interface). I just leave the multicart plugged into my unit and change the settings so that I can play whichever game suits my fancy at the time.

If you don't have the UltiMulti already, then I highly recommend it. If you have it already, then I advise you do get the new version. I'll be sending Ken my multicart in the next few days and I look forward to the upgrade.

Adam

• Like 1

ANNOUNCING!!
NEW UltiMulti Version 2.0 cart. This cart is like Version 1.5.2
with the following changes:

Still only $100.00 USD

163 unique programs

• War by Riff-Raff games is added
  • Crazy Climber by Riff Raff games is added
  • The Original Blue Ram Utility has been added
  • A new RWB utility with a new command (CMPR) that compares 2 databases.
    The DIAG now checks All types of add on memory.
The text describing where to set switches for multiple loads has been fixed to be easier to understand.
This is going to be the last version of the UltiMulti carts. I will not produce any more after July 4, 2014.
I need to give special thanks to some people that made this cartridge possible...
  • Mike White who's Quarda program and Putt Golf, etc. plus all of his knowledge in making these carts possible.
  • Mike Garber (Riff-Raff Games) who's programs War and Crazy Climber helped make this cart unique.
  • Richard Degler who's programs and unrivaled knowledge of this system and it's machine language made it possible to make the RBW Utility possible.
  • The late Leroy Flamm who discovered how to make the original BASICcart and other refinements.
  • And lastly Adam Trionfo of ballyalley.com for his diligence in cross checking and finding errors as my Beta tester.
I still will reprogram older UM carts for $25.00+S&H.

Thanks, Ken Lill

does the multicart come with a system diag rom, i.e. would check memory, cpu, controllers, video/colors, etc.?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ken,

Thank you for making this.

This system was never on my radar back in the day, but had I seen Muncher and The Incredibke Wizard I would have saved and bought one.

With your multi-cart I can now see the full extent of the Bally system!

post-29575-0-02014300-1403720361_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

save2600 - I can't. I'm new here and the forum won't let me. I've tried a couple times to PM members directly, but I guess I gotta pass initiation or something.

Try replying (and quoting) to one of his posts in this thread. He may get a notification at his external email that a post of his has been quoted.