IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM on CPUWIZ's Versaboard

tep392

I just wanted to show off something CPUWIZ sent me recently.

post-24519-0-14814000-1390322461_thumb.jpg

I have Donkey Kong XM running with on-board POKEY! I have to say that this is a very high quality board. Very impressive work. I don't have documentation for the board, but it looks like it will handle a wide variety of hardware configurations. Will be an excellent board for future homebrew projects, with or without POKEY. :)

Thanks again CPUWIZ!

• Like 11

I just wanted to show off something CPUWIZ sent me recently.

attachicon.gifversaboard.jpg

I have Donkey Kong XM running with on-board POKEY! I have to say that this is a very high quality board. Very impressive work. I don't have documentation for the board, but it looks like it will handle a wide variety of hardware configurations. Will be an excellent board for future homebrew projects, with or without POKEY. :)

Thanks again CPUWIZ!

Kind of makes my Pokey Kong a bit less "one of a kind". :P

• Like 1

Nope, it is truly an 'early prototype'. ;)

Nothing else out there like it ever as it is endorsed and released by the creation's master.

I was just joking around...hence the " :P " face was used. I really don't care either way. I primarily purchased pokey kong so I could play it....who knows how long it will be before we see a final XM ship out to all of us. This will keep me busy in the meanwhile. ;)

• Like 1

Kind of makes my Pokey Kong a bit less "one of a kind". :P

Not really. Pokey Kong was my original concept for this game. This was to take the existing game and add POKEY sound plus a few graphical extra's since there was room in the standard 48K cart. This was the game as I intended to release it. Then I thought I could do the Cement screen and from there I got obsessed with making everything as arcade perfect as possible, so we ended up with Donkey Kong XM.

I havn't yet decided if I'm going to do a POKEY cart version. If I do, it won't happen until after the XM ships and is available for purchase again.

So don't worry, your Pokey Kong cart will remain "one of a kind".

• Like 3

So DK XM no longer needs the XM for normal use with the versa board outside of high score saving correct?

With POKEY in the cart, the XM would just provide high score saving. IF I offer this cart, I would need to make some change to the name to differentiate it from DK XM and avoid confusion. Right now I'm using the cart to see what it can do for future projects. An added benefit is I get to play Donkey Kong with sound while waiting for the XM.

• Like 2

Not really.  Pokey Kong was my original concept for this game.  This was to take the existing game and add POKEY sound plus a few graphical extra's since there was room in the standard 48K cart.  This was the game as I intended to release it.  Then I thought I could do the Cement screen and from there I got obsessed with making everything as arcade perfect as possible, so we ended up with Donkey Kong XM. 

I havn't yet decided if I'm going to do a POKEY cart version.  If I do, it won't happen until after the XM ships and is available for purchase again. 

So don't worry, your Pokey Kong cart will remain "one of a kind".

There's another option...promote the XBOARD.

With POKEY in the cart, the XM would just provide high score saving. IF I offer this cart, I would need to make some change to the name to differentiate it from DK XM and avoid confusion. Right now I'm using the cart to see what it can do for future projects. An added benefit is I get to play Donkey Kong with sound while waiting for the XM.

Call it, "Donkey Kong TA" (True Arcade) :) Put me down for one if you decide to make a few.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Is there anyway to make a copy or clone of the Versaboard? Finding one is close to a miracle from what it sounds like.

Excuse me? You are asking people to steal my design? :mad: I hope for your sake, or for someone else that attempts that, that you do not live in the U.S.!

Why do you want my board anyway, do you want to make pirate copies of DKPK or BBCQ and sell them on ebay? The board is not for general consumption, it is for creating new homebrews.

I could have easily made a mini-XM, minus the useless stuff (IMHO), but I am not stealing Curt's idea/design, even though it is royally messed up, mostly due to health issues and a figure that always acts like a child.

Signed,

-Miracle Maker :roll:

• Like 5

To CPUWIZ off subject, but there were suppose to be games "in the works" on the XM, like a title called Dungeon by Groovy Bee, is it possible these may appear with the use of the Versaboard? or maybe any other titles coming like Donkey Kong PK? Very interested as this unlike the XM actually is finished.