IGNORED

Topic Title

Gazoo

How does one change a Topic Title here?

Apparently some messages were moved from one topic to another (in my opinion inappropriately), and my post was the first, so I am being given credit (blamed!) for creating the topic, and the title for the topic is not what I would have chosen. I see no 'edit' button or icon.

Anyone know how to access the function?

Thanks,

Gazoo

How does one change a Topic Title here?

Apparently some messages were moved from one topic to another (in my opinion inappropriately), and my post was the first, so I am being given credit (blamed!) for creating the topic, and the title for the topic is not what I would have chosen. I see no 'edit' button or icon.

Anyone know how to access the function?

Thanks,

Gazoo

Ah, so that's what happened. I thought I was imagining things as I tried to figure out why certain messages were in another post.

I agree -- inappropriate and misleading to the reader, given some of the quoted sections aren't even in one of the threads.

You can blame me for tagging the messages in the 512K cartridge thread that I had moved to a separate thread. I just wanted to clean it up and try to keep that thread what it was meant for; the whole GROM paging debate was taking almost half of the thread.

I was unaware that the side effect would be that one person would be 'blamed' for starting the thread, so I apologize.

-jg

Ah, so that's what happened. I thought I was imagining things as I tried to figure out why certain messages were in another post.

I agree -- inappropriate and misleading to the reader, given some of the quoted sections aren't even in one of the threads.

You got it. There's 8 messages in the other thread that I would have moved to the new one to make it less disturbing.

But I wouldn't have moved anything in the first place so as to not confuse things. But you already know that about me. ;)

You got it. There's 8 messages in the other thread that I would have moved to the new one to make it less disturbing.

But I wouldn't have moved anything in the first place so as to not confuse things. But you already know that about me. ;)

That was my best effort. If you guys are going to start giving me grief, I'll just go ahead and unregister right now. I'm not playing this game.

Imagine one hundred people trying to clean up threads with best of intentions.

Here's an explanation of my thought process. Be warned, this is long. I don't very often post rants, but since I consider this one, I might as well speak my mind all at once and get it over with. No offense is meant to anyone, so if you take it that way, please PM me in private so we can discuss.

The issue is that the 512K status thread was hijacked with a discussion that didn't really belong there. It should have been started in a different thread. That thread should really be for Ksarul, Tursi, and I to update status and for others to ask questions about status. We are the primary people responsible for that project. Also, I keep pointing new AA TI members to that thread to watch for updates (I get probably one email a week), and what do you think it does for the community when a new person sees a large debate going on?

Granted, it's also my fault; I probably should not have let it go on as long as it did in that thread, but I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands nowadays. Not to mention I've been having some pretty crappy health issues to deal with that have gotten a lot worse in the past year. My own patience level can sometimes be very limited.

Plus the fact that some of the discussion was bordering on personal attacks, and our community is so small, I hate seeing that happen. Yes, we (as Marc puts it) need to have our "big girl panties on", but our community is so small, we cannot afford to lose one gifted person. We have a very high concentration of those here in the forums. You, Tursi, Gazoo, Insanemultitasker, Marc, Ksarul, Rasmus, and more. I respect all of them! If we lose even a single member or dampen the enthusiasm of anyone, it does a great disservice to our community, and I'd really hate to see that. We've gotten so much done and gone so far even in the past two or three years to lose momentum because of what I call "stupid disagreements."

My thoughts going forward might be something like Gazoo did. Open a thread with an utility, state what it does, and ask folks to use the scientific method to prove or disprove some method. Saves time, proves or disproves something, and takes heightened emotion out of the equation.

There's my .02. Let's get back to building a better mousetrap. :-)

• Like 4