IGNORED

NWC to give Air Raid a run for it's money as most expensive game

Andromeda Stardust

I can confirm 2 things for folks interested:

- The $17,500 sale was legit. It was my sale, and I recieved payment. The game shipped today and the buyer should get it at 10 AM tomorrow.

- The payment came in a single paypal transaction (my brother posted contradictory info in the NA thread by mistake). I did however call EBay ahead of time and let them know that I was listing an item that exceeded the Paypal maximun of $10k, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.

Can't comment on much else as I wasn't involved in much else, but wanted to shed some light over things some have speculated about.

I can confirm 2 things for folks interested:

- The $17,500 sale was legit. It was my sale, and I recieved payment. The game shipped today and the buyer should get it at 10 AM tomorrow.

- The payment came in a single paypal transaction (my brother posted contradictory info in the NA thread by mistake). I did however call EBay ahead of time and let them know that I was listing an item that exceeded the Paypal maximun of $10k, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.

Can't comment on much else as I wasn't involved in much else, but wanted to shed some light over things some have speculated about.

Congrats. Where was the buyer from by the way ?

Depending on the current exchange rate, $14,000 USD or whatever is less than 10,000 GBP. It is plausible the buyer spend less than 10 G in his native currency.

You do realize that my sale was for US buyers only, right? Says so right in the listing brother...

No sense in speculating when you can just ask me directly, that's how rumors get started.

Vcoleiro: Once I get positive feedback from the sale, I'll release the buyers location. They are indeed from the US though if that helps. Fair enough?

You do realize that my sale was for US buyers only, right? Says so right in the listing brother...

No sense in speculating when you can just ask me directly, that's how rumors get started.

Vcoleiro: Once I get positive feedback from the sale, I'll release the buyers location. They are indeed from the US though if that helps. Fair enough?

No worries, by the way, what made you list it at $17,500 when the other auction ended at $100K?. Did you know the bids on that auction were fake?

Edited by vcoleiro1

No need to get uptight about it as my comment was not really directed at you or anybody else. I was merely trying to contrive an example where a hard limit of 10,000 really isn't 10,000. As for the 14,000 quote, I believe someone threw that number out on the previous page and mentioned splitting the payments. I'm well aware the cart sold for 17,500. Congrats on your sale btw.

Edited by stardust4ever

No need to get uptight about it as my comment was not really directed at you or anybody else. I was merely trying to contrive an example where a hard limit of 10,000 really isn't 10,000. As for the 14,000 quote, I believe someone threw that number out on the previous page and mentioned splitting the payments. I'm well aware the cart sold for 17,500. Congrats on your sale btw.

You quoted someone who asked "where was the buyer from", who quoted me when asking the question. From there, you threw out some speculation that had nothing to do with the sale, so I was clearing that up. I understand you didn't have any ill intent, but there isn't any sense in speculation when you can just ask the source directly.

Vcoleiro: Oh yeah, I was well aware that the other auction was bid up excessively buy a number of people ho had no intentions of buying the cart. Scummy move by those folks. With the insane hype on countless news sites about the "sale" for $100k, I struck while the iron was hot. Highest previous offer I had received was $8k for the game, and the highest confirmed sale was around $17.3k on Howard Phillip's personal copy that included a TON of additional materials. I couldn't be happier with the price I got, regardless of what the next one sells for. It was a good day :)

I couldn't be happier with the price I got, regardless of what the next one sells for. It was a good day :)

Good day indeed. I wouldn't have held onto it either, for that much. Still, I feel that the bubble of inflated game prices has got to burst at some point. Atari games are dirt cheap, but NES has skyrocketed.

Vcoleiro: Oh yeah, I was well aware that the other auction was bid up excessively buy a number of people ho had no intentions of buying the cart. Scummy move by those folks. With the insane hype on countless news sites about the "sale" for $100k, I struck while the iron was hot. Highest previous offer I had received was $8k for the game, and the highest confirmed sale was around $17.3k on Howard Phillip's personal copy that included a TON of additional materials. I couldn't be happier with the price I got, regardless of what the next one sells for. It was a good day :)

Smart man, congrats on your sale.

It's really a shame what happened to the 'Mario' NWC cart. I think the only reason that happened is that people who aren't in the Nintendo community thought it was a fake and decided to screw over the auction.

No way this will sell anywhere near the current bid. Pat the NES Punk was willing to sell both his gray and gold NWC for $35,000 on Pawn Stars - and they wouldn't buy it.

You know that Pawn Stars is staged, right? Little of what's shown on the show is legit, including Pat's segment. He has no intention of selling those carts.

It's really a shame what happened to the 'Mario' NWC cart. I think the only reason that happened is that people who aren't in the Nintendo community thought it was a fake and decided to screw over the auction.

You know that Pawn Stars is staged, right? Little of what's shown on the show is legit, including Pat's segment. He has no intention of selling those carts.

I realize that Pawn Stars is staged, but if Pat wasn’t serious about the $35,000 price tag, he shouldn’t have said it. If you watch the full episode, he even went down to $32,000.

I realize that Pawn Stars is staged, but if Pat wasn’t serious about the $35,000 price tag, he shouldn’t have said it. If you watch the full episode, he even went down to $32,000.

Pawn stars is staged, however the sellers are 100% real. I know a friend who sold items to them and had to "retake" negotiations, but they were 100% real. The prices are real, but the "drama" on the show is not. people sell items for less than what they are worth just to get on the show.

Good day indeed. I wouldn't have held onto it either, for that much. Still, I feel that the bubble of inflated game prices has got to burst at some point. Atari games are dirt cheap, but NES has skyrocketed.

NES games are dirt cheap too on ebay US, many carts $10 or less, this NWC cart is not even a released game, unlike Air Raid for example.

Edited by high voltage

No worries, by the way, what made you list it at $17,500 when the other auction ended at $100K?. Did you know the bids on that auction were fake?

It was obviously fake. I knew that without looking at any research. Things don't just jump in value like that.

Sometimes it's best to appraise actual market value by history, rather than flukes or scams (especially because you never know what is actually being paid for), and get the price you can. I've found that if I don't know the value of an item, I auction it. If I do know the value of the item, I sell it as fixed price for something close to the median market price.

I don't expect to win the lottery, or sell something for a crazy unrealistic price. And MrMark doesn't either. He's just a smart seller.

Edited by ianoid

Uggg, one of these days someone needs to make an example out of one of these d-bags; otherwise this bull crap will continue... :mad:

I offer my condolences to mtnlife in the form of milk chocolate bullion:

100-Grand-Wrapper-Small.jpg