IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Season 1 Round 10 Buck Rogers

zylon

Our final game of OE season 1 is Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom. Start on default settings from level 1. Use real consoles and cx52's only.
Round and season ends Sunday, February 2nd 2014 @11pm EST

I'll extend round 2 hours for the Super Bowl

In a bizarre twist, 1st and 2nd place are tied in all aspects: points and wins. The next pack of players are locked up closely as well...

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point!
Buck Rogers: Planet Of Zoom - (Level 1/Blue)
bohoki 237,973 (BUSTED)

New: 259,397 sdamon

Final scores:

259,397 sdamon +1+11=12

246,314 darthkur +1+10=11

198,207 peedenmark7 +9

163,169 SIO2 +8

132,418 roadrunner +7

130,063 Red Tide +6

74,897 atariron82 +5

49,682 RangerG +4

Standings: (#)= rounds won

darthkur - 88 (2)
sdamon - 88 (2)
Red Tide - 66
peedenmark7 - 63 (1)
roadrunner - 63
RangerG - 42
zylon -37 (2)
atariron82 - 34
SIO2 - 27 (1)
JacobZu7zu7 - 20 (1)

Edited by zylon

I need to play this game before the round ends.

Maybe have 2 week rounds next time.

This mini-tournament has proven to be an interesting challenge. And the idea of mini-tournaments is an excellent one! That said, I'm in no rush to do another CX-52-only tournament any time soon! After nearly 10 weeks of heavy use, I'm more convinced than ever these sticks,while certainly usable, are just poorly designed - especially for games that require precision movement or rapid fire. Looking forward to going back to the Wico!

• Like 1

This mini-tournament has proven to be an interesting challenge. And the idea of mini-tournaments is an excellent one! That said, I'm in no rush to do another CX-52-only tournament any time soon! After nearly 10 weeks of heavy use, I'm more convinced than ever these sticks,while certainly usable, are just poorly designed - especially for games that require precision movement or rapid fire. Looking forward to going back to the Wico!

When this rounds over I'm going back to emulation to save wear and tear on my 2 CX-52's

I wish Atari used the same 2600 controllers on the 5200

just put the numbers and other functions on the system kinda like old cable boxes.

ATTN: No score pumping by purposely missing the mothership. This enables a player to reach high scores without advancing far into the difficulty levels. The occasional miss will happen, but don't overdo it guys.

Thanks. :)

Since I always play with the CX-52's this really has been no different than any other round for me. It's one of the things I enjoy the most out of having so many different systems. The unique "feel" of each on of them in every aspect.

Since I always play with the CX-52's this really has been no different than any other round for me. It's one of the things I enjoy the most out of having so many different systems. The unique "feel" of each on of them in every aspect.

Same here as I use my CX52 (without gold) for all games, except the few I use emulation on during regular season. With my new multi-cart, that shouldn't be an issue. Just gotta find time to get and setup the games. :)

• Like 1

post-2092-0-12283200-1391375129_thumb.jpg

Missed the level 2 saucer, despite my best efforts not to. Got the next time, missed the level 3 saucer , again despite my best efforts, and died soon after.

Burned through 10 lives on level 3 (gray). If level 4 is indeed that much harder, it must be like instant death!

• Like 1

Congrats to the champ, sdamon on winning it all in this final battle! :thumbsup: :cool: :party: Also, a :thumbsup: to both sdamon and darthkur for busting the HSC record in this game. :)

Final scores:

259,397 sdamon +1+11=12

246,314 darthkur +1+10=11

198,207 peedenmark7 +9

163,169 SIO2 +8

132,418 roadrunner +7

130,063 Red Tide +6

74,897 atariron82 +5

49,682 RangerG +4

Thanks to all who've played and made this 1st ever OE mini-season a success and enjoy a 2 week break. The regular season will begin on Feb. 16th and the poll will open next Sunday. The floor is open in the OE HSC thread to discuss any changes, etc.

Final Standings: (#)= rounds won

1st- sdamon - 100 (3)
2nd- darthkur - 99 (2)
3rd- peedenmark7 - 72 (1)

4th- Red Tide - 72
5th- roadrunner - 70
6th- RangerG - 46

7th- atariron82 - 39
8th- zylon -37 (2)
9th- SIO2 - 35 (1)
10th- JacobZu7zu7 - 20 (1)

Edited by zylon