IGNORED

Bumpiti, bumpiti, bump

karri

There seems to lots of bumping around in 2014.

This is an anniversary year for the Lynx. Would it be possible to get some of the "bumped" homebrews released on October 11th on the 25th Lynx anniversary? It happens to be a Saturday so it would be a good day for a retro-party...

I could try my hands on the long due Stardreamer.

-

Karri

• Like 3

I wonder if Atari would be interested in being part of a Lynx reunion? They have offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris and Lyon.

It would be nice to meet old Lynx people from all around he world and hear good stories. Rygar would probably have lots of nice things to show in Paris or Lyon...

• Like 1

Karate World Tour and Green Little Quak-Quak are both pretty advanced, it's just that matashen had little to no time in 2013. But I definitely hope both will be out this year, so that date may be a good goal.

We mustn't release too many carts on the same day though, or each one will suffer sales wise. It's not about money, but when cevs pay manufacturing up-front they must have hope to get even quickly. So some planning between devs might be good. :)

And Karri... I know, no promises, but Stardreamer would be awesome. :)

I am still hoping for a cheap re-programmable cart. Perhaps a kickstart style project where we could share the manufacturing cost.

-- And Karri... I know, no promises, but Stardreamer would be awesome. :)

Startdreamer started as Elite but in my twisted mind it started to get a different plot from the original. Perhaps it was because of too much Babylon V at the time. I don't know if it will appeal to Lynx people who may expect Elite. The flying and shooting will be much like in Elite. The questline(s) will be different. (And much shorter. Very few would want to play for months to reach "Elite" status.)

But first thing is to dig up the old sources and port them to the latest cc65 environment. 2nd thing is to get rid of matrix creep.

I actually downloaded a book "3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game evelopment" :)

• Like 1

All these delayed promises of mine might come in handy :)

But yes, Stardreamer, bring it on! I wouldn't be worried about it being different from Elite. The idea of using the Lynx as your portable main bridge & fly around in a huge galaxy sounds very appealing to me.

• Like 1