8. roadrunner - 1

9. jblenkle - 1

10. felson42 - 1

11. LidLikesIntellivision - 1

12. S.BAZ - 1

13. mphokie - 1

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 1

I may have to sit this one out. I can't seem to figure out the controls in emulation. When I start the game, all I get is the guy on the screen with his bug spray or whatever it is. I can move him around and fire three shots, but absolutely nothing else happens.

You might have to press key 1 to get it to start or another number key.

OK, I'm still unable to get this game running (I've tried three different emulators with the same result). I appear to get the game started, but the screenshot below is all I get. I can move the guy with the bug spray around the screen, but he always faces to the right and he goes no farther than the right-most position he's shown in the screenshot. I can fire off three shots, but that's it. Absolutely nothing else happens.

Any ideas?

post-9212-0-44614600-1391707452_thumb.png

Its easy. First of all: Its normal that you cant go to the right edge more than that. And to start the game, you need to fire a normal shot. You use the lower side button for the rolling shot, which is limited and important to keep as many as possible (you see why when you play the game). But you need to press the upper side button to start the round, thats the normal shot, its unlimited.

Have fun

OK, I'm still unable to get this game running (I've tried three different emulators with the same result). I appear to get the game started, but the screenshot below is all I get. I can move the guy with the bug spray around the screen, but he always faces to the right and he goes no farther than the right-most position he's shown in the screenshot. I can fire off three shots, but that's it. Absolutely nothing else happens.

Any ideas?

attachicon.gifworm whomper screen.png

Not sure what's wrong. Felton always faces right and the waves always come from the right. You should have fire (bug spray) and alt fire (plough balls). That's as far right as you can go. As for left, you should be able to go into the corn. It seems like your problem is that you aren't getting the game to start. On console, you have to fire the primary fire to get the game going. Alt-fire (plough balls) limits you to three shots initially, but you can earn more. That's your counter on the top left. Plough balls will not initiate the game start. Only the primary fire starts the game. This is also how you start the next wave after each wave has ended.

Check your emulator documentation and make sure you're using the correct button for primary fire (the upper side buttons on console). Good luck!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Its easy. First of all: Its normal that you cant go to the right edge more than that. And to start the game, you need to fire a normal shot. You use the lower side button for the rolling shot, which is limited and important to keep as many as possible (you see why when you play the game). But you need to press the upper side button to start the round, thats the normal shot, its unlimited.

Have fun

huh, silly me, i played the entire game with just the upper button, not knowing there was anything but the normal shot ^^. oops :)

never having played it before, I do enjoy it, it's a nice melange of say Stampede with Centipede and Missile Command mechanics

gavv

Edited by gavvv

This is one wierd but interesting as hell game... Towards the later levels, it gets closer to being a missle command style game, where you only concentrate on whatever row(s) you still have corn on.

The inchworms don't change rows (until they go off the left side of the screen), while all other bugs do seek out either the corn stalk or the farmer (whomever is closer)...

Also, from my first game where I only got to 21k, I found out you can still play after losing ur gun, get to the bottom middle to pick up another one.

And now, the score...

post-25689-0-06135200-1391813246_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"wierd but interesting as hell"

you said it! a new game to add to my Intv favorites list.

I was also thinking of Missile Command.

But the game it most reminds me of is Plants vs. Zombies!

I think this game must have been the inspiration for it

my best so far: 68630

post-34560-0-05118300-1391839710_thumb.jpg

p.s.

jblenkle, I had that same problem

I just kept hitting different buttons & trying different stuff til it worked for me

I think it was F1 or F2 that finally solved my problem

Edited by S.BAZ