IGNORED

JXD A1000 portable emulator

Falconhood

Seems like there are a bunch of different models of PSP. Which is the best?

Also anyone have any experience with this thing?

http://www.gcw-zero.com/

The best is the PSP 3000.All of them can be hacked pretty easily(4 steps)but the 3000 has a better screen than the 1000 and 2000 plus better build quality.

Step 1:- Take your psp and connect it to the pc with the usb cable.

Step 2:- Download This and extract it somewhere on your PC storage.

Step 3:- Copy the folders FastRecovery and PROUPDATE to ms0:/PSP/GAME

Step 4:- Then run the PROUPDATE and press x to start hacking the PSP

I don't see why anyone would take one of those cheap emulator handhelds(dingoo,GP2X wiz,JXD etc) over a hacked PSP.Not only does the PSP have more/better emulators,it also has the incredible PSP and PS1 library plus a better screen and better build quality

• Like 1

JUST CHECKED my order history, simply indicates Registered Mail / Airmail. No I did not use the DHL option.

Thanks!

DHL Express shipping is being offered for only $5 right now. I called DHL though and confirmed a brokerage fee of $14 + tax, along with any local taxes for the item. I don't know how they get away with that. Even FedEx will cover brokerage charges when using an express/priority shipping method.

I'll just use the free airmail option, as I'm not in a rush at the moment.

The best is the PSP 3000.All of them can be hacked pretty easily(4 steps)but the 3000 has a better screen than the 1000 and 2000 plus better build quality.

I don't see why anyone would take one of those cheap emulator handhelds(dingoo,GP2X wiz,JXD etc) over a hacked PSP.Not only does the PSP have more/better emulators,it also has the incredible PSP and PS1 library plus a better screen and better build quality

Don't forget the PSP Go. It's screen is slightly smaller than the 3000, but it's a fantastic screen and the system is much more pocket friendly.

The quality of emulation on the PSP is not as good as most of the other handhelds you've listed. The PSP is a fairly low powered device and it definitely shows. I have multiple PSPs and pretty much all the major open source handhelds. Devices like the Caanoo, GCW Zero and JXD S7300/S7800 are superior options for emulation. The one area the PSP is better is for playing PS1 games, as it provides full hardware support for doing so.

• Like 2

Devices like the Caanoo, GCW Zero and JXD S7300/S7800 are superior options for emulation. The one area the PSP is better is for playing PS1 games, as it provides full hardware support for doing so.

While I agree I have to say PS1 playing on my JXD s7800b is excellent, the built in controls work great, nice big sharp display and extra features like gameshark codes etc and several built in save slots are really well implimented, the sound and graphics have been smooth as butter, finally had some time and really enjoying the PS1 game Akuji The Heartless right now!

post-10336-0-34539600-1392247309_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got an nvidia shield a while back. It is pretty much the king of these portable games systems. It runs android with google play so you have access to a lot of emulators. The downside is the price. You have your choice of colem or bluemsx as far as the colecovision goes.

Edited by Manoau2002

I would try to get an original PSP-1000. It's what I have and it handles a lot of retro emulators just fine. I think on newer models there are more difficulties installing custom firmware, but it was fairly easy on my 1000.

I can't comment on the GCW Zero. It does sounds interesting from what little I know of it.

okay, you are my go-to man.

oh, and if anyone can help (I'll go back through that other info, but just in case it's ONLY for the 3000 unit, I'll need a push in the right direction for the PSP1000) my unit came with a power cable, nothing more. I may need something else to get started. I didn't think of it until i got home but there's an SD slot, or something on the side, but I may have the Micro USB to USB cable (that i use for other things) if that's needed.

I'm looking at Youtube videos, but some of those loose me...i don't even know how to turn it on. I just watched this video...and now I have to get to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eap1LzRbylA

He keeps saying HEBREW games at the end...LOL! I think he meant HOMEBREW games.

Shalom!

Edited by Falconhood

I would try to get an original PSP-1000. It's what I have and it handles a lot of retro emulators just fine. I think on newer models there are more difficulties installing custom firmware, but it was fairly easy on my 1000.

I can't comment on the GCW Zero. It does sounds interesting from what little I know of it.

The 3000 and GO are just as easy to hack as they use the same Custom Firmware(Pro B10) so they takes the same 3 steps to hack:

1.Download CFW:http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=241691

2.Take all the extracted files and onto your PSP in the PSP/GAME subfolder

3.turn on PSP and install

Also the 3000 and GO models have MUCH better screen quality, AV output,and the GO has 16GB of built in memory so you don't have to pay extra for a memory card.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

So I've been out of the emulator scene (and Android) for a bit. But I just got an Android gaming device and thought I'd check if there is a Jaguar emulator for Android yet. My searches in google play and google turn up nothing, but ya never know...

What emus are available for Vita ?

Is there a web page or forum that gives a good run-down?

http://wololo.net/vita-cfw4dummies/

Basically everything available for the PSP. That's because they've only cracked the Vita's PSP emu, and not the Vita itself. What's really unfortunate is that all of this relies on exploited PSP games, which Sony patches within days of the exploit being released. New exploit games are released every few months, so if you miss one you're stuck waiting.

Holy Shatner, the Vita's been hacked? I honestly had no idea... now I've gotta give this a look.

You really should. A TN-V'd or VHBL'd Vita is literally the best homebrew/emu machine money can buy. It's got all of the awesome features of the PSP without all of the shoddy features, like the mushy controls and the shitty screen.

BDW- actually, you should accept a better substitute: the NVIDIA Shield. MUCH more powerful SoC, much higher resolution screen, better speakers, better controls, and rocks at emulation with Retroarch and other emulators. Particularly when it comes to emulation, Vita simply doesn't have the same horsepower as the Shield, and that's a fact you cannot dispute. With the Shield 2, this already-wide performance gap only gets bigger.

attachicon.gif2014-07-25 16.07.33.jpg

Accept no substitutes. This is literally as good as it gets. Classic games look fucking fantastic on the OLED screen.

Edited by moving2

BDW- actually, you should accept a better substitute: the NVIDIA Shield. MUCH more powerful SoC, much higher resolution screen, better speakers, better controls, and rocks at emulation with Retroarch and other emulators. Particularly when it comes to emulation, Vita simply doesn't have the same horsepower as the Shield, and that's a fact you cannot dispute. With the Shield 2, this already-wide performance gap only gets bigger.

>Shield

post-23072-0-76201900-1406503899_thumb.jpg

Enjoy trying to carry that cinderblock in your pocket.

BDW- Oh, that's OK. I don't carry a gaming device in my pocket- just my phone, keys, and wallet...y'know, like normal people?

But I see you did not counter any of the technical claims:

MUCH more powerful SoC, much higher resolution screen, better speakers, better controls; particularly when it comes to emulation, Vita simply doesn't have the same horsepower as the Shield.

...and that's because they're true.

>Shield

attachicon.gifpuking intensifies.jpg

Enjoy trying to carry that cinderblock in your pocket.

Edited by moving2

BDW- Oh, that's OK. I don't carry a gaming device in my pocket- just my phone, keys, and wallet...y'know, like normal people?

But I see you did not counter any of the technical claims:

MUCH more powerful SoC, much higher resolution screen, better speakers, better controls; particularly when it comes to emulation, Vita simply doesn't have the same horsepower as the Shield.

...and that's because they're true.

...Except you're in the wrong topic. We're talking about portable devices. If I was just going to sit in my house and play emulators I would hook my PC up to my flatscreen, not play on a low quality 5" screen.

...and your willful ignorance is not amusing. The NVIDIA Shield *is* a portable gaming device, as you well know. That's why it has a 10hr battery life (vs. 5-6 on the Vita). It may not be pocketable, but it is definitely portable. As for "low quality screen", scream about OLED all you want (and only on the prev gen Vita), but the Shield has the same size display as the Vita, but with 76% more pixels and 294ppi pixel density vs. 221ppi on the Vita.

Almost forgot: 2GB RAM on the Shield vs. 500MB on the Vita, microsd on the Shield vs. proprietary sony memory cards on the Vita, 16GB storage on-board on the Shield vs. 1GB on the Vita.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Especially when it comes to emulation, pocketable vs. portable is about all you have. So I don't blame you for harping on that.

...Except you're in the wrong topic. We're talking about portable devices. If I was just going to sit in my house and play emulators I would hook my PC up to my flatscreen, not play on a low quality 5" screen.

Edited by moving2

Yeah, I have to agree with BDW. That Shield thing has zero appeal to me, whereas at least a PSP/Vita is easy to carry around.

I think you also have to look at the long term support. Sony is going to be selling the Vita for a while, but the Shield..? How many of them have actually been sold?

Edited by ls650
  • Like 1

ls650- I'd say try both before you decide, especially if you are interested in emulation. The whole "pocketable vs. portable" thing seems a little ridiculous to me since I usually have a backpack where I carry my laptop/tablet/portable gaming devices anyway, pocketable or no. Most adults with enough time to play a portable gaming device outside the house are usually traveling, and this is how I see most adults carry these devices, anyway. When I'm on an airplane, once the device is out of the backpack, I definitely appreciate the far superior controls (including analog stick) of the Shield.

As for future support, NVIDIA just released the "Shield 2" with the Tegra K1, so they can't be doing too badly. The Shield 2 is a tablet, and it's bigger than the 1st gen Shield. Next thing you know, BDW will be arguing that a tablet is not portable. LOL. ;)

Yeah, I have to agree with BDW. That Shield thing has zero appeal to me, whereas at least a PSP/Vita is easy to carry around.

I think you also have to look at the long term support. Sony is going to be selling the Vita for a while, but the Shield..? How many of them have actually been sold?

Edited by moving2

As for future support, NVIDIA just released the "Shield 2" with the Tegra K1, so they can't be doing too badly. The Shield 2 is a tablet, and it's bigger than the 1st gen Shield. Next thing you know, BDW will be arguing that a tablet is not portable. LOL. ;)

You sound quite emotionally invested in this. I'll leave the arguing up to you and I'll actually go play some videogames. Toodles ;)