IGNORED

Lynx Telegames variants

madman

BTW, I can see Dynablaster in one of LX.NET's pictures. That really stuns me, I love this game.

Is it a demo, is it playable?

I think it's a Pirate Version of Sage's unfinished Dynablaster

lynxdev.atari.org

@Unfinished Projects and Previews

Edited by Der Luchs

• 1 month later...

I was rummaging around my carts tonight, and note that I have two curved lip Telegames variants: Fidelity Ultimate Chess has the Fuji on the back and semi-translucent backing, and Desert Strike lacks the Fuji and isn't semi-transparent. The rest of my carts aren't at hand -- does anyone have any carts like this?

• 5 weeks later...

I also found some more variations of previous ones. One Desert Strike variation in my own collection (black TSOP PCB) and a green PCB Raiden.

attachicon.gifth_IMG_0010-1.jpg

Hi LX.NET

I wonder if you'd be kind enough to scan your raiden cd insert and cart sticker for me????

In my picture here my Raiden has no sticker at all (compared with CM2BT which is how I'd like the sticker to look)- and I'd really like to make up the CD case too.

Thanks in anticipation!

post-7413-0-57025900-1397501324_thumb.jpg

Ok here's my effort - just the carts as the boxes/instructions are in another location. Although I found a pic of my Bouble Trouble case.

You will see that desert strike and Chess don't have the logo on the back in the plastic. Generally I can see that the plastic used for telegames releases is a different compound to the regular types.

Then there's the PCBs. Mini Golf has a cover on both sides meaning it'll only fit in the model one lynx and I await some scans from lx.net for Raiden ;) ... as I have no stickers for it.

post-7413-0-88649800-1398075785_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-05544600-1398075797_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-04688200-1398075810_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-28768200-1398075826_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-33387000-1398075946_thumb.jpg

Oops I do also have Qix. Sorry forgot that one. Happy to take a photo if anyone needs to see it.

I just wonder...my Raiden that doesn't have a case or stickers..could it be a repro not from Telegames directly? Something funny happened with this a few years ago whereby I had a version that didn't work and I think it was more like my Bouble Trouble cart design and someone offered to swap with a working copy which I duly did. Perhaps this working copy I have is a repro.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

I picked up Desert Strike this week as I was told they were just getting some in stock. Wasn't impressed with the manual quality its a rushed printed version where the image isn't even lined up plus its on cheap A4 paper cut up and a few staples. Paid £64 for this and I certainly won't be buying anymore:

unnamed_zps147927da.jpg

photo1_zps1fd3246e.jpg

photo2_zps9a9db7b4.jpg

Edited by Lorfarius

For that price you would have been better ordering from Best Elecronics in the US! I got Desert Strike for something like £30 there - in original style box (new unsold stock) with proper curved lip cart etc. Downside is you get stung for import taxes etc. I ordered a load of stuff at the same time (Pacland, new control ribbons etc) so it worked out OK.

Oops I do also have Qix. Sorry forgot that one. Happy to take a photo if anyone needs to see it.

I just wonder...my Raiden that doesn't have a case or stickers..could it be a repro not from Telegames directly? Something funny happened with this a few years ago whereby I had a version that didn't work and I think it was more like my Bouble Trouble cart design and someone offered to swap with a working copy which I duly did. Perhaps this working copy I have is a repro.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Telegames have said that my Raiden cart may have been an early one they used but that it should always have come with a Jewel case - which I don't have, so I am still none the wiser as to whether my Raiden is genuine. I guess it doesn't really matter now.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Desert Strike this week as I was told they were just getting some in stock. Wasn't impressed with the manual quality its a rushed printed version where the image isn't even lined up plus its on cheap A4 paper cut up and a few staples. Paid £64 for this and I certainly won't be buying anymore:

I got my copy of Desert Strike exactly as yours. I complained Pete Mortimer at Telegames, and he answered the following:

We the same as other people selling Lynx games cannot get the Atari curved cards made any more, it has been well over 10 years since they were last available. The chip on board games are the only way these games can be made, and we regret that in the near future it will probably be unlikely to get any of those made as the chips are almost impossible to get any more - which is why in the past and again now there is such a delay in getting games. If you want the curved style please ask before you order if we have any, the SofRoad you mention we have limited stock of the curved type left. Regret nothing we can do if items are not made any more.
Do appreciate you letting us know - however please note it is out of our control, plus as a side issue we have to pay well over double for the chip on board compared to the old curved type
So we can forget getting a new curved lip card...

I bought Double Dragon from Telegames last july. In fact, I bought both games at the same time, but Desert Strike was out of stock until now. Double Dragon came in a curved lip card, so maybe you could contact Telegames and ask them if they still have old stock of DD...

Nowadays, there's a DD curved lip card, loose, on eBay, but it's exaggeratedly expensive.

• Like 1