IGNORED

ColecoVision Vaporware Games Progress

retroillucid

I decided to start this thread in case someone is interested in making those Vaporware games

- Rip Cord (Currently in development)

- Destruction Derby (Currently in development)

- Dracula (Hardhat worked on this one)

- Horse Racing (WIP ? )

- Mr. Turtle

- Tac/Scan

- Super Turbo

- Super Gorf

- Tunnels & Trolls (3 peoples are making their own version, all different versions)

- Smurf Smurffete's Brithday / Papa Smurf's Treasure Hunt

- Sword & Sorcerer (non playable proto found)

- Wizard of Wor (Opcode had dibbs on this one)

- Wild Western (Only a Opcode demo has been done)

Am I Missing any titles? (From Coleco only)

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

What about Super Smurf. The two screenshots I've seen of that one look tremendous, but unfortunately Big Brother seems to be on the prowl concerning these little blue guys.

Indeed, Super SubRoc is a completely playable/finished ADAM Super Game that really deserves a conversion to a CV version MegaCart/SGM game. The added title screens, underwater level, Hall of Fame, snazzy music, etc. make it a great candidate for Mystery Man's talents.

Here I go again! I think the ADAM Super Game versions of DK and 5-Screen DK Jr. would be extremely well received as well and need to eventually get the conversion treatment... especially since DKA doesn't look to be anywhere near a release as well as a possible DKJrA. If it is at all a possibility, I would also like to see if things could be worked out with Team PixelBoy to use his box, manual and label style to keep all these ADAM conversions similar in style. If something could be worked out and agreed upon, I would consider financing everything because the CV community (that does not own an ADAM) really deserves a chance to enjoy these Coleco made games on their CVs.

I'm surprised a Tac-Scan proto/demo never has surfaced since it was very near complete before the plug was pulled on it.

I'll have to do a little research to see if other vaporware titles need to be listed.

Just my luck, and I was thinking of doing a Smurf Kombat game, where you can one on one battle it out for the ultimate "Finish Him" game play.

Well on Dracula I've been waiting for the right opportunity to work with Luc on the sprites, and also I'm not yet happy with the gameplay. I'm sure with the right inspiration it will be a great game.

I showed Luc my interpretation of Sword and the Sorcerer (I have a game design based on the prototype). A movie I really loved back when I was 12. Cheesy or not.

I've been experimenting with a possible game engine for skiing based on first person perspective. I did some tech tests in September, but I wasn't yet fully satisfied. Perhaps it is a SGM/Adam only title. That would make it a lot easier to do.

Else has kind of disappeared, and really I'd want a horse racing game that is true to the Intellivision game that the catalog description is clearly based on.

Mr. Turtle really intrigues me. It has a strong potential to be like the PS2 Finding Nemo or the PC based Shark's Tale games that my son used to really like.

Those are really sexy Super Turbo screenies, but I don't see how that could be sustainable fully animated. But maybe. But like my Mist Maid 4k game, I'm into it potentially. But I'd cruelly require the driving wheel expansion module I guess.

Meanwhile I need to finish Super Action Bowling and Reckless Wizard. But I can dream right?

Well on Dracula I've been waiting for the right opportunity to work with Luc on the sprites, and also I'm not yet happy with the gameplay. I'm sure with the right inspiration it will be a great game.

Way to knock the ball on my side of the court, Dale! :evil: :P

I will send you a PM later today. ;)

Meanwhile I need to finish Super Action Bowling and Reckless Wizard. But I can dream right?

I'm certainly looking forward to those two games. Will Super Action Bowling actually require the Super Action Controllers? Just wondering. :)

I decided to start this thread in case someone is interested in making those Vaporware games

- Tunnels & Trolls (3 peoples are making their own version, all different versions)

3 Different Coleco Tunnels & Trolls in development? Just to be clear I'm not one of them for the Coleco. I'd hate to compete with other Coleco homebrewers (CollectorVision & Pkk) especially for a licensed product. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had some memories of a Smurf video game, announced on the Adam, that looked incredibly beautiful back in the early 80s.

It was totally different from that game "Treasure Hunt", with a Smurf driving a small car in the forest.

Very oddly I couldn't find this game on the internet... Yet I could clearly remember this particular picture.

Finally I found it in the March '84 issue of the french magazine Tilt!

(Complete page here: http://download.abandonware.org/magazines/Tilt/tilt_numero010/TILT%20-%20n%B010%20-%20mars%201984%20-%20page104%20et%20page105.jpg)

146185smurfs2.jpg

There's no name on it, they simply call it "Schtroumpfs", not super smurf or smurf 2. It doesn't look like a mock up, it looks like a real game.

Anyone heard about it?

And of course... Say hi to mr Dracula...

113551dracula.jpg

Edit: found this http://smurfs.wikia.com/wiki/Unreleased_Smurf_videogames about Smurf on the sgm, but again no picture of the game...

Edited by neo*fan

146185smurfs2.jpg

There's no name on it, they simply call it "Schtroumpfs", not super smurf or smurf 2. It doesn't look like a mock up, it looks like a real game.

Anyone heard about it?

This image is from Super Smurf, the game was completed but was never released.... :(

The only guys I know who would be able to re-create those graphics beautifully, is no other than Pixelboy, and/or RacoonLad

These guys are Pixels Masters!