IGNORED

Completionist Collector's Collection

LX.NET

I've got some advertisements published in the spanish videogame magazine "Micromanía", from 1991. I came across with them, because I collect this magazine.

Micromanía was very large, and the Lynx advertisements were spread page form, so their size is like a newspaper.

Here in Spain the Lynx had very low sales, so I think these advertisements are quite rare. Wikipedia refers to them as a part of its commercial launching here:

Presencia en España[editar · editar código]

En España la Lynx tuvo una buena campaña de lanzamiento, con anuncios a doble página en Micromanía (In Spain the Lynx had a good launch campaign with full-page ads in Micromanía) y soporte en grandes almacenes y tiendas especializadas. Pero, como ocurrió en EEUU, el gran fallo de Atari fue no dar cabida a muchos desarrolladores: solo 3 casas entraron inicialmente, y aunque hubo juegos de calidad que la arroparon inicialmente, la aparición de la Sega Game Gear la echaron de la competición ante la avalancha de juegos (no olvidemos que viene con toda la biblioteca de la Master System). Acaba tercera, con la Gameboy como ganadora, seguida de la Game Gear, y tras la Lynx la Nec Turbo Express. Tras el cierre de Atari España, se saldan los restos de la Lynx en El Corte Inglés.

Here you are two pics of them (obtained from the internet)

I hope you'll find this info interesting...

post-36959-0-52468800-1392197103_thumb.jpg

post-36959-0-35519200-1392197105_thumb.jpg

Seriously impressive! What games are covered in the Lynx magazine (batman cover), was this a 1 off mag?

That Batman thing was what made me want a Lynx as a kid, I'm pretty sure mine came bundled in an issue of EGM or a similar magazine of the time. I spent hours looking at the photos and write ups, but unfortunately I don't have a copy here at my house to tell you what's in it. I'm sure LX can, though.

That is really cool. I hadn't seen those. Keep them coming. Was it a particular edition of Micromania?

No, it was the standard edition of Micromanía "second age", sold between 1988 and January 1995, in newspaper format. This magazine was focused on 8-bit machines such as Spectrum, MSX, Amstrad... and 16-bit machines (Atari ST, Amiga, PC), but it had a small section focusing on Atari, Sega, Nintendo,,,

I'll grab one of these advertisements and I'll give it to you, if you want.

BTW, it is kind of hard to see the embossed Lynx logos on the front cover.

I was reading through the first PDF again. They mention that California Games surfing using "thousands of sprites" for the realistic wave. I kinda doubt that, but never checked. Maybe someone at AA knows?

OMG... so many screenshots of unreleased games. Some of those I thought were only rumors, but this makes it official.

Rolling Thunder

Cabal

Daemonsgate

Blood & Guts Hockey

Guardians: Storm over Doria

Heavyweight Contender

Ninja Nerd

Full Court Press

Eye of the Beholder

9 games from their upcoming list were not released; EotB eventually found in finished state, and Daemonsgate at least in a 30% version. The other 7 are lost...

I wish there were developers noted, someone seriously needs to try and dig those people up. I bet much of it is still resting on old HDDs and floppies.

BTW, anyone notice that Caal totally rips off Lynx OPS? ;)